The Student Room Group

Aqa English language June 2011 exam

Can any1 who did this exam remember any of the questions that came up on this paper?

Or even better can some post up the question paper?
Reply 1
I am talking about the GCSE english language paper btw.
Reply 2
I remember a few:
Name?
Candidate no?
Surname?
Centre no?
Reply 3
Original post by Sokka
I remember a few:
Name?
Candidate no?
Surname?
Centre no?

why do u want my exam information?
Reply 4
Original post by Vorsah
why do u want my exam information?

I do not want your exam info. I am just helping you out by giving you a few questions you will find in the exam.
"Describe a countryside in summer and winter" ... or something like that.
Reply 6
Original post by Sokka
I do not want your exam info. I am just helping you out by giving you a few questions you will find in the exam.

Ur not funny, retard.
Reply 7
Original post by Vorsah
Ur not funny, retard.

Dude, I'm not trying to be funny, I'm trying to help you out, and what do I get in return? Called a retard? :confused: What has the world come to...
Reply 8
Original post by Sokka
Dude, I'm not trying to be funny, I'm trying to help you out, and what do I get in return? Called a retard? :confused: What has the world come to...

Please don't comment I don't want ur help.
Reply 9
From what I can remember I think there are two questions on the GCSE paper. The first you have a choice of three questions whereby you can chose either;
Writing to describe - 'Describe a school in the day and in the night’; 'Describe a journey you've had' (usually basic questions, very often contrastive)
Writing to persuade - 'Write a letter persuading your head teacher to offer an adventure-based holiday'
Writing to advise - 'Write a magazine article advising readers to eat more healthily'

As for the second question, I vaguely remember it being something to do with comparing texts; one is usually quite visual and includes a considerable amount of graphology, whereas the other tends to be more text/information based.
Original post by Sokka

**** that guy, and his life ahead of him :wink: you were trying to help him, he is just a chav *******. Let him fail ;D
Reply 11
Original post by TheGuyFromOuterSpace
**** that guy, and his life ahead of him :wink: you were trying to help him, he is just a chav *******. Let him fail ;D

Mate u need to get a life, commenting on a thread that is 4 months old.
Is this why u have a TSR account so u can write useless comments and swear.

Btw I got an A in that exam.
Good luck with ur exams.
Reply 12
Original post by Vorsah

Good luck with ur exams.

Original post by Vorsah

Good luck with ur exams.

any advice? im taking it in may :frown: im lost completely
Reply 14
Do past papers.
Don't just complete every past paper make sure u know what each question is asking for.
Other than that I don't know much.
I wasn't really expecting to get an A I thought I got a D because I didn't complete last two questions which were the worth the big marks.

Good luck.
Reply 15
lol

Quick Reply