The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Politics Applicants 2012 Stalking Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by blondie :)
It definitely is! I love the city and the uni :love: I'm just waiting on my insurance to get back to me and then I'll be firming it! :biggrin:

same! aw good luck with youre insurance offer :smile: will let you knw if i get any luck with Sheffield :P
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Am'Jam
same! aw good luck with youre insurance offer :smile: will let you knw if i get any luck with Sheffield :P

I hope you do! It'll be good to know :smile:
Reply 22
I hope you do! It'll be good to know :smile:

I got my offer! :biggrin: finally, so happy haha, will deffo be putting it as my first choice! :smile:
Got my offer today too, AAB/ABBB for straight politics :biggrin:
Original post by Am'Jam
I got my offer! :biggrin: finally, so happy haha, will deffo be putting it as my first choice! :smile:

Woooooo! :banana:
Well Done!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Got an offer for Politics with IR. Now in great misery of selecting which of York, Sheffield and (maybe KCL) to prioritize... Any ideas?
Reply 26
Got an offer! On my birthday, so happy.
Was anyone at the open day yesterday... ? :colondollar:
Reply 28
Having a hard time to decide upon the firm choice and backup choice at the University. I wanna study International Relations and Politics at Sheffield or Leicester. Any advices regarding those two?
Original post by Savuuu
Having a hard time to decide upon the firm choice and backup choice at the University. I wanna study International Relations and Politics at Sheffield or Leicester. Any advices regarding those two?

Sheffield is considered one of the top departments in the country for politics, along with having one of the best student unions and was voted University of the Year! :biggrin:
Reply 30
Sheffield is considered one of the top departments in the country for politics, along with having one of the best student unions and was voted University of the Year! :biggrin:

Thanks i really do know what to chose, I consider both of them to be very good according to the ranking and the courses appeal to me in the same measure. I guess I am just going to do the logical thing and put Sheffield as my firm and Leicester as my insurance choice, since the conditional offer from Sheffield is higher.
Reply 31
Sorry for butting in with current applicants :tongue:

But I'll be applying for sociology & politics next year, and I'm TERRIFIED looking at all your predicted grades. I meet the requirements, ABB, but I'm scared there's no way I'll get in with students like you guys applying! =s
Original post by carehow
Sorry for butting in with current applicants :tongue:

But I'll be applying for sociology & politics next year, and I'm TERRIFIED looking at all your predicted grades. I meet the requirements, ABB, but I'm scared there's no way I'll get in with students like you guys applying! =s

Yayyy! Same course I'm doing! :biggrin:
Don't worry, I only just meet the predicted grades and even then I might not get in! (Economics A-level is really touch and go... :frown:) Just try your best to get the best AS results as it'll make things easier when applying, ABB are still amazing results and as long as you meet the requirements/have a good PS then you shouldn't be worried :colondollar:
Just to bump this, I firmed politics on Friday and applied for accommodation today (Endcliffe wooo) anyone else firmed?
Reply 34
I already firmed Int. Relations and Politics :smile:
Got a 36 for IB (I think)

I'm in my Gap Year, interned for Transparency International (anticorruption NGO) for a month and now at another organization.

I so wanna change to Politcs and Philosophy, it has most of the Int. Relations modules which I love and Philosophy!
Just thought I'd say Good luck to all applicants on here...I'm a Sheffield History and Politics 2nd year. I'm very happy to answer all and any questions you have about Sheffield, the uni or the politics department. I love all three and massively recommend you firm us!

Quote me to ask a question. :smile:
Original post by millo92
I already firmed Int. Relations and Politics :smile:
Got a 36 for IB (I think)

I'm in my Gap Year, interned for Transparency International (anticorruption NGO) for a month and now at another organization.

I so wanna change to Politcs and Philosophy, it has most of the Int. Relations modules which I love and Philosophy!

Well that sounds kinda cool :smile: See you in a few months :biggrin:

Original post by maniacgeorge
Just thought I'd say Good luck to all applicants on here...I'm a Sheffield History and Politics 2nd year. I'm very happy to answer all and any questions you have about Sheffield, the uni or the politics department. I love all three and massively recommend you firm us!

It might be slightly different for His&pol as opposed to straight pol, but roughly how much work do you do in a day/week, contact hours + independent study (for the first year)?
Reply 37
Original post by maniacgeorge

What was your offer and did you meet it?
Another second year who can answer any questions about Politics at Sheffield :smile:
Reply 39
I've firmed for Politics, anyone else firmed now?

Quick Reply

Latest