The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester Uni 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Still waiting to hear back from Worcester (only applied last week).

Really hope I get an offer!
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 21
Got an offer last week to study business management at Worcester!
Reply 22
Original post by Kazera
Got an offer last week to study business management at Worcester!

Well done :biggrin:
Reply 23
Got an offer to study Counselling Psychology at Worcester :biggrin: Just need to get the grades now.. Anyone going to the visit days for applicants?
Reply 24
Oh, and anyone who is already studying at Worcester, any advice on accomodation? Where is best to stay? >.<
Reply 25
I'm a first year living in platinum plus on the St john's campus. Platinum plus is amazing but and this is a massive but it's not as communal as the other types of accom we harldy know anyone that lives outside of the plat plus buildings. So i'd say if you really want the huge room amazing kitchen with the tv then go for plat plus if you can afford it other than that go for platinum or even gold as they are fairly nice too.
Got my conditional offer for Worcester to do Forensic Psychology! So happy! Absolutely loved it there but parents prefer another university. Either way its gonna either be my firm or insurance!
Reply 27
Just got an unconditional offer from Worcester :smile: so happy! Archaeology and Heritage Studies ^-^
Reply 28
Hey guys :smile:

I want to do Psychology at Worcester, I have already been given a conditional offer from there, Aston, Birmingham, Keele and Demontfort but I'm really not sure what to take..

I looked at the league tables and Worcester isn't high up on the list compared to my other options, so I was just wondering if its the right option? Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by cmoore094

I want to do Psychology at Worcester, I have already been given a conditional offer from there, Aston, Birmingham, Keele and Demontfort but I'm really not sure what to take..

I looked at the league tables and Worcester isn't high up on the list compared to my other options, so I was just wondering if its the right option? Any help would be appreciated :smile:

This may be becuase Worcester was only given full University status in 2005. But since then it's become Britains fastest growing university :smile:

There's some more information about Worcester Uni here: http://www.worcester.ac.uk/discover/discover-about-us.html

:smile:
Original post by Ella93
Oh, and anyone who is already studying at Worcester, any advice on accomodation? Where is best to stay? >.<

Hey, i'm starting in 2012 but i have been to an accomodation tour on an open day. For £75, bronze is very very basic and in some places, quite tacky. Bronze has the most amount of students sharing a kitchen, bathroom ect being 8 instead of 6. Silver is £95 and is good value for money. The rooms are spacious, modern and with a large communal area. The next step up is Gold for an extra £5 you get a slightly bigger room that has a sink and better facilities such as the kitchen and bathroom(s).

Platinum and Platinum Plus i'd say arent that much different to gold with the exception of en-suite. You get two bathrooms between 6 people in gold so i'd recommend staying in Gold as it looks the best value for money.

Hope that helps. If not, you should go to an open day and check it out as it will be your new (temporary) home. :smile: :smile:
Has anybody here applied for teacher training at Worcester?
Hey, Worcester is my firm choice with Wolverhampton as my insurance. Worcester is a great university and cannot wait to start there (if i get the grades required).

I have applied to study Business, Management and Marketing (BA). Anyone else studying something Business related?

I have also applied for accomodation, 1st choice - Standard Plus (Gold)
2nd - Standard (Silver)
3rd - Traditional (Bronze
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by laurabadleg

I got a conditional for Primary Education and I've accepted it as my firm choice :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by laurabadleg

I applied for primary teaching at worcester (it's my firm) and I know a fair few people that have applied for secondary PGCEs too :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by cmoore094

When I looked at the talk about the subject, I loved how all of the lecturers are actual practicing psychologists, so you get a real feel for what your doing in the future, and obviously, they know what they're talking about!
The people were incredibly friendly too; students who had completed the course all said they loved it.
I've done some research and there are some great places to volunteer in Worcester that would really help out with applying for a job after it all.
But go for the Uni you feel is right, I personally love Worcester, but I know Keele is a beautiful place; don't base everything on league tables! :smile: Hope this helped!
Reply 36
hiyaa, i've also applied for worcester, i have a conditional offer for sport and exercise psychology and a interview for human biology and physical education. :smile:
Really looking forward to my interview Wednesday :biggrin:
Reply 38
I've applied for Worcester and have it as my firm choice to do English Language studies and Drama! :smile:
Reply 39
Got a conditional offer for Archaeology and Heritage Studies, and I've just applied for accommodation at:

Platinum Plus St Johns
Platinum St Johns and
Platinum City Centre

Mainly because I really want an en suite :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest