The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Offer:D

Scroll to see replies

I just got my first choice of a shared study (wanted to save since I am paying the international fees) at derby hall. While I am happy that I got my first choice, I guess I was hoping for an older hall with fewer students. Since I am an international student I currently can't visit the campus so could anyone tell me what Derby Hall is like.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Single study at Florence Boot :smile: dont know too much about it though..
Reply 22
Original post by Mroshinyemi
Single study at Florence Boot :smile: dont know too much about it though..

Im at FB too! apparently it's really pretty :biggrin: and it's the oldest building! thats about as much as I know, any one got any info on Flo Bo?
Reply 23
Original post by ggurl3
Im at FB too! apparently it's really pretty :biggrin: and it's the oldest building! thats about as much as I know, any one got any info on Flo Bo?

I don't know much, but apparently the food is really good. I saw the menu when I visited and it looked pretty good!
Reply 24
Original post by EmmaRose94
I don't know much, but apparently the food is really good. I saw the menu when I visited and it looked pretty good!

I didn't get to go for an open day :frown: have you seen the hall? what's it like??
Just got a Private Shared Ensuite at Hugh Stewart hall!

Yay! ;D
Reply 26
Just got an offer for a large single study in Hugh Stewart... pretty happy with this, although Florence Boot was my preferred!

Any one else in this hall, particularly in the large single rooms as we will soon be living together!! Less than 6 months!! Craaaaazy!!!
Reply 27
Original post by RoryOShea
Just got an offer for a large single study in Hugh Stewart... pretty happy with this, although Florence Boot was my preferred!

Any one else in this hall, particularly in the large single rooms as we will soon be living together!! Less than 6 months!! Craaaaazy!!!

Hugh Stewart too! Ahhhh! So excited! What are you gonna be studying? :smile:
Reply 28
Lenton and Wortley :biggrin:
Reply 29
En-suite in Rutland. :smile:
Reply 30
Large Single Study at Florence Boot!! :smile:
Original post by Samurai_Jack
I just got my first choice of a shared study (wanted to save since I am paying the international fees) at derby hall. While I am happy that I got my first choice, I guess I was hoping for an older hall with fewer students. Since I am an international student I currently can't visit the campus so could anyone tell me what Derby Hall is like.

Hi there, I stayed in Derby for a summer school last year. Firstly, it's catered. There is a pantry on each floor. And If I remember correctly, there are 3 floors. It's a modern block, with a LOVELY view over the fields on one side, and into a 'square' the other side. The rooms aren't massive. But they have a wardrobe, a sink, a desk, shelving, a fridge and a single bed.
Original post by LizAnn
En-suite in Rutland. :smile:

Be prepared for the Rutland bullying from other halls :P :P
All a bit of fun though!
Reply 33
Original post by Sophie1805
Be prepared for the Rutland bullying from other halls :P :P
All a bit of fun though!

Haha, I'm sure I can cope with it. :P
Reply 34
Original post by startitup
Large Single Study at Florence Boot!! :smile:

Me tooo same combo :smile: what will you be studying?
Reply 35
Original post by ggurl3
Me tooo same combo :smile: what will you be studying?

French and German :smile: What about yourself?
Reply 36
French and German :smile: What about yourself?

Finance, accounting and management :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by ggurl3
I didn't get to go for an open day :frown: have you seen the hall? what's it like??

It's so beautiful! I fell in love with the dining hall when I saw it, long wooden tables and a grand piano! There is a small library-style study room which looks great as well. What are you studying?
Reply 38
Original post by ggurl3
Finance, accounting and management :biggrin:

Uck very good :smile: Are you happy you got into Florence Boot?
Reply 39
Uck very good :smile: Are you happy you got into Florence Boot?

I'm warming up to it :biggrin: i was abit upset cause its the hall furthest away from my lectures and I kinda like modern stuff but I read it's really pretty :biggrin: so im excited nowwww wooo :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest