The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

I've got this from Born For This - it's the passion play I was a part of last Sunday

Epilogue

In the days still to come; our Lord appeared to many whose names are not recorded.

Holy Bible does not say;
but is it possible on that Easter day
before meeting Mary Magdalene;
our Lord's first greeting was to his mother?
For would a loving Son ask any other
to transform her grief to a radiant happiness?

This is the hope given to the world;
then let our Friday sadness melt into exaltation
May we never cease to demonstrate to every nation

His love; His joy; His peace
Reply 4061
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thankies :biggrin: Repped you :cool:

As nice as tonight's service was, I wouldn't say you're missing out on much by not having attended it. It's the longest thing in the history of time :eek3:

I'm so proud of myself. Made it through Easter with no suicide attempts! Thanks to all of you for your prayers and fellowship. Happy Easter everyone! He is Risen! Alleluia! :woo: :jebus: :woo:

lol,
hooray!

Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Assuming I don't have a can of coke within the next 17 minutes did we all complete Lent unscathed?

i didn't have a specific thing but yeah I think so!
Reply 4064
I think so. I had to give up my prayer adventure and stuff that I had taken up due to my health though :frown: But I gave up suicide attempts for Lent and stuck to it :biggrin:

Awesome!

So I didn't make it to the vigil again... But that's 'cause my family got back and I made them dinner. Second batch of hot cross buns were nice and successful.

Some of the things I attempted (like being at morning prayer every morning, and saying night prayer) were less successful, but I did manage to keep to my no makeup rule! (none except for concealer and on special occasions - think I wore more twice during lent.

So Happy Easter guys!
Hi all; quick prayer request for my Uncle Gerard who's not well at all again this morning. Thanks.
Original post by Aula
Awesome!

So I didn't make it to the vigil again... But that's 'cause my family got back and I made them dinner. Second batch of hot cross buns were nice and successful.

Some of the things I attempted (like being at morning prayer every morning, and saying night prayer) were less successful, but I did manage to keep to my no makeup rule! (none except for concealer and on special occasions - think I wore more twice during lent.

So Happy Easter guys!

Happy Easter! Sounds like you did very well on the Lenten front :yep:

Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Hi all; quick prayer request for my Uncle Gerard who's not well at all again this morning. Thanks.

Of course. Hope he will get better and soon :yes:
Happy Easter everyone! :biggrin:
Original post by Gulliviere
Happy Easter everyone! :biggrin:

A very Happy Easter to you too! :biggrin:

I don't believe we've met. Or maybe I've just forgotten? :o: Is it your first time posting in Cath Soc? :smile:
A very Happy Easter to you too! :biggrin:

I don't believe we've met. Or maybe I've just forgotten? :o: Is it your first time posting in Cath Soc? :smile:

I posted here a while ago asking for any information about any cathsoc in York :smile:
I posted here a while ago asking for any information about any cathsoc in York :smile:

Ah yes, so you did! My apologies. I have the memory and attention span of a goldfish :colondollar:
Ah yes, so you did! My apologies. I have the memory and attention span of a goldfish :colondollar:

hahaha no worries, we're all goldfishes at times :tongue:
hahaha no worries, we're all goldfishes at times :tongue:

:biggrin:

Have you had a good Easter so far? :smile:
:biggrin:

Have you had a good Easter so far? :smile:

Easter here lasted only for the weekend, have to go back to work today :s-smilie:
but it was still good, can't complain :biggrin:

how was yours?
Easter here lasted only for the weekend, have to go back to work today :s-smilie:
but it was still good, can't complain :biggrin:

how was yours?

Oh that's a shame :frown: Mine has been good, thanks :smile:
Reply 4075
hope it went okay Gulliviere:smile:

had a good easter too thanks mad dash to get away to see family at 11:00 though that was annoying:rolleyes:
Reply 4076
Hope everybody has had a great Easter! I was finally received into Full Communion with the Roman Catholic Church on Holy Saturday night! It was the best day of my life! God bless!
Original post by rac1
hope it went okay Gulliviere:smile:

had a good easter too thanks mad dash to get away to see family at 11:00 though that was annoying:rolleyes:

It was fine, thanks rac1. It's always been like this, Easter holiday only lasts for the weekend in my country since the vast majority here is not christians :smile:

Hope everybody has had a great Easter! I was finally received into Full Communion with the Roman Catholic Church on Holy Saturday night! It was the best day of my life! God bless!

Congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by Message

Congratulations! That's great to hear. Very pleased for you :biggrin:
Reply 4079
It was fine, thanks rac1. It's always been like this, Easter holiday only lasts for the weekend in my country since the vast majority here is not christians :smile:

Congrats! :biggrin:

ah right just found out where that flag is!:smile:

Original post by Message

that's really great!!!:congrats::cool:

Quick Reply