The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MillieMillz
Ive just firmed Chester for Bed primary education is anyone else going there next year :smile:

it's very likely I will be for Early Years :smile:
Reply 1501
Original post by natalierose
Don't panic just yet - no news is good news!

Just in case, as someone who has been through Clearing, I would recommend have a think about it all first, and all the options that would be available to you. Talk to your teachers about what to do if you don't get in, definitely. They will be there to support you when your grades come through as well.

I had offers, but missed out on grades. This is going to sound arrogant and I don't mean it to, but wasn't expecting to not get in! I had no preparation and panicked, so accepted a few places through Clearing. However, you only get so long to firmly accept a Clearing place - depending on the uni it could be as little as 48 hours. So I rushed my decision. Bad idea. I went to a uni through Clearing for a year and didn't like it, so dropped out, had a year out and now I'm at a uni I love :-)

I will say, though, a lot people go through Clearing and love where they end up, I was just unlucky. Maybe accept some Clearing places if it comes to that, and think before accepting any. You can always turn them down and have a gap year. Just think about what you would like to do - work, travel, go through Clearing - talk to people, be prepared and don't rush any decisions.

Besides, I'm sure you'll get an offer from MMU or Winchester soon :-) Good luck!
And I'm sorry for rambling on!

Hey, thanks for advice! it made me much more relaxed whilst reading it :smile:

I have now heard from Winchester this morning and they have offered me an interview on 25th April. However there's a problem as I have accepted to go to the interview for MMU on the same day! :s
Winchester's letter also mentioned at the bottom that this is the last interview day and they are unable to change it.

So I was thinking of contacting MMU to change the date because I am able to do that, but I dont know what I should say because to me, asking them if they could change the date so I could go to Winchester instead sounds 'risky' I guess...
Original post by jicjax

So I was thinking of contacting MMU to change the date because I am able to do that, but I dont know what I should say because to me, asking them if they could change the date so I could go to Winchester instead sounds 'risky' I guess...

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help!

Contact MMU and tell them that you have a prior commitment which you cannot get out of. If they ask, say it's another interview and it's on the last day of interviews. They'll understand that you're going to apply to other places too. Don't forget that you are basically the consumer in this and MMU want you to go there and buy their product, so they'll try and keep you happy :-)
Reply 1503
Original post by duckymylove
Roehampton interview
Has anyone been? What's it like?! (also, anyone going there soon?)
Got mine coming up, so nervous :s-smilie:
What's the Roehampton teaching task like?

Hey, I had my interview at Roehampton at the end of February and got a conditional offer. I felt that the day was quite laid back but I think that it was because it was my last interview! Basically, I had to do an English task where you have to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes etc. Then you have to do a presentation thing with two interviewers, they give you some pictures of some objects and you have to explain what you'd do in a lesson with that object and then you have an interview, mine lasted about 25mins ish (: Hope this helps, sorry for rambling! Let me know if you want to know anything else :smile:
Reply 1504
Anyone firmed Leeds Trinity? xxxx
Got conditionals from Chichester, Northampton and Brighton for primary ed 3-7 years, but I don't know which one to go for yet :/ I'm thinking Northampton atm.
Anybody else got offers from any of those?
Original post by jicjax

I have now heard from Winchester this morning and they have offered me an interview on 25th April. However there's a problem as I have accepted to go to the interview for MMU on the same day! :s
Winchester's letter also mentioned at the bottom that this is the last interview day and they are unable to change it.

I am also going to Winchester for an interview on 25/4/21, my subject is science what is yours?
Original post by SarahLouise-94
Got conditionals from Chichester, Northampton and Brighton for primary ed 3-7 years, but I don't know which one to go for yet :/ I'm thinking Northampton atm.

I have offers for Chichester and Kingston for 5-11 science but I am waiting for my interview at Winchester before deciding. I really liked both places but I thought Winchester was great when I went for the Open Day.
Original post by EllieShakes
I have just accepted MMU as my CF on UCAS and now I need to sort out my accommodation,
I am doing a Primary Education course on the Didsbury Campus but i do not want to stay in the Broomhurst halls, i dont fancy being catered for or sharing bathrooms,
I have being told that the next closest halls would be in all saints as the bus stops are close and they are regular but i havent seen any of them and i dont know which is the best to go for?
Is anybody else going to the didsbury campus but not stopping at broomhurst. I am starting to panic now and dont know if i have made a mistake putting MMU as my CF as i dont know if the accommodation is going to be good for me!
HELP PLEASE!

I am possibly going to put them as my firm. And you don't have to stay in Broomhurst, you can use all saints' accomodation! :smile: there is a bus right outside that goes every 5 mins, and its £7.00 for a week ticket :smile:
Original post by jr18
Anyone got an interview for Chester on 18th April? Had my 3rd interview 2 weeks ago for LJMU still waiting to hear back

I have one at Chester on that date, what are you doing about science, english and maths tests? how are you revising?!
Reply 1510
Original post by abijo
Anyone firmed Leeds Trinity? xxxx

I have an offer! not confirmed it yet, but deffo will! what age range did you choose?x
Reply 1511
INTERVIEW FOR SUNDERLAND AT LAST Wahoooo!

really nervous though guy! anyone able to give me some idea of what the tests are like? If you dont pass the maths and english tests you dont get the interview i just dunno what to expect from the english! Someone give me some idea of what it is like please?

I really want to go to Sunderland so gonna give it my all :biggrin:
Original post by ATBlegs
Hiya

I've just firmed Greenwich, is anyone else going there?
I also got offers from Roehampton and MMU so if anyone wants help with interviews etc more than happy to help out.

Good luck everyone :smile:

I have an interview at man met tomorrow, and one at Greenwich in a week. Do you have any tips/what the interview was like? :smile:
Congrats on firming Greenwich!
Reply 1513
Original post by Ami_xo
I have an offer! not confirmed it yet, but deffo will! what age range did you choose?x

I've not firmed it yet either but think I probably will! I can't accept any offers until York send me their decision. I chose 5-11! What about you? xx
Reply 1514
Original post by SarahLouise-94

I've received an offer from Brighton but for 5-11 yrs and have put it as my firm! x
Reply 1515
Original post by abijo
I've not firmed it yet either but think I probably will! I can't accept any offers until York send me their decision. I chose 5-11! What about you? xx

ah right! I have another interview next week but debating whether to go, because I'm set on trinity at the min! ooh i chose early years, changed it last minute and ended up with an offer so! :smile: xx
Reply 1516
anyone firmed nottingham trent? :smile:
Reply 1517
Original post by charlotterosex
I have an interview at man met tomorrow, and one at Greenwich in a week. Do you have any tips/what the interview was like? :smile:
Congrats on firming Greenwich!

I'm guessing you've had your mmu already! Hope it went well.
Greenwich basically half of the candidates didn't turn up so there were only about 16 of us... They gave a talk about the course and then we had a maths test (10 questions) basic stuff KS2 sats level. Then an english written just to check you can do basic grammar and punctuation. Then we got split into 2 groups for the group discussion, it's all really relaxed though and they encourage you to say stuff, you get the odd couple that feel they have to say everything on their mind. That's it. You'll be fine good luck!
Reply 1518
Just firmed Bishop Grossesteste :smile: anybody else going?
Original post by rebecca12345
I have one at Chester on that date, what are you doing about science, english and maths tests? how are you revising?!

I had my chester interview, did no revision whatsoever and averaged at around 90%. I wouldn't worry!

Quick Reply

Latest