The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilybradstreet
Any reason for why I was negged for this?

No idea, but don't take it too seriously. There's a lot of strange characters here.

limparswand, why so bitter?
Original post by Kessler`
No idea, but don't take it too seriously. There's a lot of strange characters here.

limparswand, why so bitter?

Hahaha. Consider me one of those 'strange characters', bitter and twisted as a lemon!

In sooth I have been reading up on the mechanics of applying, pupillage, inns, scholarships, bptc etc. And I find it all positively vomit-worthy. Way to make it accessible bar folk. Pat yourselves on the back and carry on talking about 'diversity' like you give the tiniest turd.

Don't mind me, good luck with your application and making the world a better place :wink:
Original post by limparswand
Hahaha. Consider me one of those 'strange characters', bitter and twisted as a lemon!

In sooth I have been reading up on the mechanics of applying, pupillage, inns, scholarships, bptc etc. And I find it all positively vomit-worthy. Way to make it accessible bar folk. Pat yourselves on the back and carry on talking about 'diversity' like you give the tiniest turd.

Don't mind me, good luck with your application and making the world a better place :wink:

If you find it so vomit-worthy why come on here? It must be the draw of self-flagellation?
Original post by Evening_Standard
If you find it so vomit-worthy why come on here? It must be the draw of self-flagellation?

Yeah, I'm on the size 0 diet. So far the only thing that's worked is this forum. Thank you for your concern though :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sanf
I've just accepted an offer from Gray's Inn Tax Chambers, and am still shaking.

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy revenue law as much as I have.
Reply 385
Anyone heard from Rose & Dunn or Watson Woodhouse Solicitors?

Cheers :smile:
Original post by Cymru1985

Cymru1985 - I applied to Rose & Dunn but never heard anything from them. Someone one the forum posted that they had received a rejection email several weeks ago. I also had no contact from my email enquiry.
Original post by Cymru1985

Nothing from Watson Woodhouse since they acknowledged receipt of my application. They did say that "if you have not been contact by 4.00 pm on 13 April 2012, please assume that you have not been called for interview". So still time yet...
Original post by Wildman
Farringdon anyone? I've thrown in the towel on that one.

I've heard nothing and have also given up!
Reply 389
Original post by Wildman
Farringdon anyone? I've thrown in the towel on that one.

I spoke to them last week.... They are 'still considering applications'.
I might be completely behind the times here, but have been doing some research and not found any answers!

Was there ever a solution, or any comment made to the fact that some chambers are not showing up on the Portal?
Reply 391
Yes, they have now appeared. I'm not sure of the others, but know 9-12 BY was one.
Reply 392
Original post by delboyandrodders
Cymru1985 - I applied to Rose & Dunn but never heard anything from them. Someone one the forum posted that they had received a rejection email several weeks ago. I also had no contact from my email enquiry.

The pupillage is supposed to start in April so I am not very hopeful.
Reply 393
Original post by Wildman
I think we can safely assume that they have recruited for their April starter (if they are still taking one).

I spoke to them in an official context and so hope they wouldn't lie.
(edited 12 years ago)
I've not heard from farringdon either - and after re-reading my cv have given up all hope!
Reply 395
Has anyone heard from Watson Woodhouse?? Its almost 4 :frown:
Reply 396
quick question - are Exchange Chambers allowed to ask (as they do on their non-PP form) where else you are applying? Am going with full disclosure, but people must surely be tempted to be non specific and just put the number of sets in eg Manchester, London etc they are applying to?
I had an interview at Exchange in 2010, and my answer was "I am concentrating on large sets on the Northern and North Eastern circuit who are able to offer pupillage in a broad practice range. My priority lies with chambers in Manchester and Liverpool".

So, no, I don't think it's necessary to name sets specifically. They're more looking for someone who isn't going to run off to London after an offer.
I have just completed my olpas form and now will start to go through it and make all the necessary amendments - what would people recommend by way of good books/websites about applying for pupillage?

Thanks
Original post by DaisyFlowers
I have just completed my olpas form and now will start to go through it and make all the necessary amendments - what would people recommend by way of good books/websites about applying for pupillage?

Thanks

Google "pupillage and how to get it"...then follow the link to Simon Myerson QC's blog. It's free and contains some really solid and realistic advice about how to approach pupillage apps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending