The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peace345
you mean post-interview rejection? yep i am, did you get any other interviews?

no I mean pre-interview one, got it on friday though :smile:
Who's firming Cardiff? Found this Facebook group from last year https://www.facebook.com/groups/143097535757728/

Anyone seen one for this year yet?
Reply 4102
Come on newwwwcastleeeee!!!! Can't even believe we're having to wait this long :frown:
Original post by Patchey1000
Really the police got involved? My local park kids are doing drugs and the police don't ever get involved What type of sauce?

No it's fine I asked as I got a caution for driving the wrong way down a one way street And asked will it show up on crb but the police man said only if your charged with an offence

I think it was those selections you get for dipping crisps etc in :/
Once a group of adults let off lanterns and the police came and automatically thought it was us :/ people where I live are seriously judgemental and it's a 'posher' place so some people, I bet, would be very happy for us to be seen and not heard etc :L
Original post by alexxa.s
Come on newwwwcastleeeee!!!! Can't even believe we're having to wait this long :frown:

Keeping my fingers crossed for u pal! Ring them? xx
Reply 4105
Original post by *QueenBeee
Keeping my fingers crossed for u pal! Ring them? xx

Aw thanks haha :colondollar: I rang last week! And the week before! Dr brown will be sick of me. So sick of waiting :frown: xx
any gap year students with offer/offers this year, who recieved any POST-interview rejections the first year? :smile:
Does anyone know how many people have been pooled for how many places for Newcastle?

I was just wondering since I didn't really expect them to keep applicants pooled this long!
Reply 4108
Original post by thekiwifruit01
Does anyone know how many people have been pooled for how many places for Newcastle?

I was just wondering since I didn't really expect them to keep applicants pooled this long!

I'm in the same position, it's ridiculous isn't it! I've rang about 3 times and they just keep pushing the deadline, why can't they just decide?!? I do know that some pooled applicants have been rejected though soo... Hmmm.. Very annoying
I'm in the same position, it's ridiculous isn't it! I've rang about 3 times and they just keep pushing the deadline, why can't they just decide?!? I do know that some pooled applicants have been rejected though soo... Hmmm.. Very annoying

I'm not in the situation myself, but I was curious because of how late the pooled applicants had been kept waiting. I was surprised because I was pretty sure most dental schools had given final decisions, but I think Newcastle interviewed a lot of applicants compared to other dental schools.

It's strange that some people have been rejected from the pool already though and the others still waiting.
Hey! I didn't attend the Barts Post Offer Open Day, so I was just wondering whether anyone could tell me if I missed anything important. Thanks in advance! :smile:
Hey,

Does anyone know what the address is or where I can find the address to contact Leeds for feedback post interview rejection?

Thanks
Reply 4112
Original post by Nijo Bosh
Hey! I didn't attend the Barts Post Offer Open Day, so I was just wondering whether anyone could tell me if I missed anything important. Thanks in advance! :smile:

I missed it too :P have you applied for accommodation yet?
Queen's or Glasgow? heeeeeeelp!!
Come on Newcastle. This is beyond a joke now :frown:
Reply 4115
It actually is beyond a joke I'm tearing my hair out ha :frown: the ucas deadline is like 9th of may isn't it, they can't keep us waiting it's so unfair!
It actually is beyond a joke I'm tearing my hair out ha :frown: the ucas deadline is like 9th of may isn't it, they can't keep us waiting it's so unfair!

Very much doubt u will find out today or tomorrow because Michelle Smith (the one that replies to ucas), only works mon-wed. Ring her on monday! Chin up girl, no news is gd news!! xxx
I called Newcastle...they said it'll be next week...again...not sure if they realise how long a week is since its been next week for the past month :frown:
Reply 4118
Original post by Barracloug1
Come on Newcastle. This is beyond a joke now :frown:

Just be patient. At the end of the day you've been pooled, be lucky they didn't give you a rejection straight after your interview. There is still a chance that you will get an offer, so just hang on in there. Focus on your exams and let them to their job, they WILL get back to you. Don't worry about student finance or accommodation, those are things that can be easily sorted and worked around. :smile:
Reply 4119
Original post by Nijo Bosh

It was mainly just people talking about Barts, and then a tour around the campus, nothing really important that I remember!! :smile:

Quick Reply