The Student Room Group

New person right here !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ahh why does this keep happening! every time i meet a nice girl, she turns out to be a 50 year old paedo... :wink: yeah but that's not fair, that just because i was born as a smart person i should get more than people who work really hard and get lower grades :tongue: i'm not saying i won't apply for good uni's or anything, just that there'll always be a pang of guilt.. Awesome! mine was small too, but pretty good (mostly 'cause the staff was lovely and about my age, and also the boss was really nice). And what makes you say that? i think it's pretty good, but then i think edexcel sucks seeing as the only exam i'm doing with them is p.e. short course, which is mind-numbingly easy! Umm.. PEE (point evidence explanation), but when doing a comparison i use PEEE (point evidence other-evidence explantion).. Generally when i'm essay writing i always start with an introduction, do a few paragraphs (depending on how many marks are up for grabs and how much time there is) and finish up with a conclusion. I'm happy to share anything, so just ask away :smile: and yeah, the quality of the videos is pretty bad too considering how much money she could make off them ;p
Reply 21
Well you had better hurry up then, 'cause in about 16 days i'll be 16 so you won't technically be able to victimize me ;p Maybe... idk, i'm sure they'll be fine on their own... don't worry, it takes a lot to be as smart as you are so you kinda deserve to show it off once in a while, regardless of what other people think. oh, that sucks :/ yeah sure :smile: i'm doing the conflict cluster in the 'moon on the tides' anthology (on AQA). haha i just skip past the bit when she tells you to pause it. Also she seems to talk to me as though i'm an idiot, like really slowly -.- sorry about slow reply btw, my brother nicked the computer :|
Reply 22
Well I look forward to fulfilling my destiny. I certainly hope so, I feel rather sorry for them at times... But you're right, they'll be fine :smile: yeah but that's like people doing well in sports, or me playing solos in concerts; if you have a talent or gift, you should use it as much as possible! Aww :tongue: you lucky thing, the conflict cluster is so depressing, two of the poems almost lead to me tearing up in class :frown: yeah, but in deputed it's flaws overall maths watch is pretty amazing! And I'm now excited about meeting my stalker, so you'd better not disappoint! ;p goodnight! (even though you'll probably read this in the morning...)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 23
good :smile: that's so cool, i've never tried the harmonica :biggrin: i play clarinet, saxophone, piano and i sing. Oh yeah i looked at that, it seems really long.. Don't worry i doubt i will, it takes a lot to get me in tears, i just have a soft spot for some poetry and music :tongue: haha wow someone's sure of themselves :wink: awesome! i'm glad it went well, and i'm sure you will :smile: btw sorry for not replying today, i only just got home (swimming and stuff) and can't reply in school 'cause it's blocked -.-
Reply 24
Yeah, the music and science departments are really the only places in school i'm welcome ;3 that's pretty cool :wink: oh dear, although i think it might be worse if you spend all that time revising it and then it doesn't come up that'd be so annoying! um i either write/play music or hurt people in karate :tongue: <-- i do karate, so don't try anything too clever :wink: wow you seem so much more confident than my other friends who took the exam, one said she didn't even finish! ;p i'm revising chemistry, i think i'll put off p.e. for another hour or so and just cram tomorrow morning! hehe i can bypass some of the security, but not all of it.. and dw, i'll just save you if you fall in a river or anything ;3
Reply 25
I suck at humanities :L fair enough.. you have to do a comparison right? if so, you could still use it. aww bless :3 i'm a brown-double-red-stripe-double-black-tag (which essentially means i'm a couple away from black :') for p.e. i'm on edexcel, for english aqa and chemistry ocr :tongue: i can't work after an all-nighter, so i'm gonna go to bed in about an hour lest i risk the humiliation of failing p.e. short course :tongue: i can indeed, although the armour would not be ideal for saving a drowning damsel in distress (<-- alliteration right there!)
Reply 26
flirt?? with the examiner? we are talking about poetry exams, right? well i suppose it's not for everyone, just the rock-hard tough people like me (and the various small children who also go ;p) Oh i'm not sporty, i just do these things so i don't become morbidly obese, because i have a tendency to overeat when i'm stressed and/or depressed, which seems to be rather often nowadays (stupid exams -.-) Yeah i think i may abandon the whole 'knight' idea.. i didn't know that.. wahey! you learn something new everyday i guess :3
Reply 27
Ohh :tongue: we do tits.. of course, as you can clearly tell by my profile pic on here :wink: well just wait a while, i'm hoping to be a cardiologist so i'll help you when i get there (which hopefully you never will, j'sayin).. well eventually it'll get to the time when you'll pick yourself up and go to the gym, so it's all good ;3 aww has someone been stalking my page a bit :wink: i have an awful metabolism, so i'll stay slim in my youth, and then when i'm about 40 and decide to stop exercising (which i sincerely hope i don't) i'll become suddenly fat. hmm... wracks brain for useless knowledge
Reply 28
Hi! Im new too! Welcome to TSR! How you finding it? Im in year 10 and im already stressing out... cant wait til this year is over :tongue: xxxxx
Reply 29
a.aaa-Useless-fact-of-the-day.jpg

voila, learnt something new ;3
Reply 30
Title, Image, Image, Theme, Structure :biggrin: how noble of you :smile: haha are you sure that's not you just procrastinating? don't worry, my record's clean! it's ok though, i take stalking as a rather sincere form of flattery (more sincere, in fact, than imitation).. ah but that fact doesn't stop the 70-year-old guys from swimming down at my local pool, clad in a mentally-disturbing lack of proper age-appropriate swimwear (i.e. a thong o.O) besides i'll just play some sport that requires minimal movement, like badminton ;p
Reply 31
hehe i got rather concerned after you said you were a stalker, so i was just seeking some reinsurance.. your welcome :smile:
Reply 32
Aww thanks, but i'm not all that :wink:
Reply 33
yeah but we're a top set english class, and thus only quietly giggle to ourselves every time our teacher says to remember tits to prove our high maturity. You are indeed :smile: aha i knew it (seeing as i'm doing the same, just staring at the cpu screen for a minute then deciding p.e. is too boring and time-wasting that it'd be more productive to get up and drink some juice, which is what i do :tongue: aww thanks :biggrin: At least you didn't see it first hand; fortunately the chlorine did the job of burning my eyes for me.. I liked it too, it's just i'm a bit rubbish at racket sports (but good at cricket... funny how that works), and if you watch old people play badminton, there is little to know movement required, and when there is it's usually just to pick up the shuttle. And good, 'cause i rather like who you say you are so it'd be pretty disappointing if you weren't ;3
Reply 34
Oh dear :tongue: that sounds like an interesting conversation... Did he not realise you were a girl going to a girls' school and so probably wouldn't be very interested in that kinda stuff? I guess I'm not helping either, maybe I should stop talking.... That's pretty cool, I've never been canoeing, but it looks like fun :smile: oh sometimes they play while we're doing karate (we rent out half the hall, them the other half) and it looks pretty relaxed, even though they're all sweaty by the end :wink: aw thanks, and the amount we've been writing has got to be more than two days worth ;3

Reply 35
Wow that really is weird :tongue: did something lead into it, or did you just walk in and he began his... Lecture? loving the vocab btw, I've never heard the term blasé :wink: at our school we don't get that, seeing as most of our teachers are actually more immature than some of us at times.. Like once when I said something rather ambiguous in geography (I can't remember what it was, something that involved some sort of sexual reference) and the entire class burst into laughter, including the teacher.. I just sat there staring at her, like an "I expected more from you" kinda stare ;p nice one, see if I would've been around I could've jumped in and saved you and looked like a hero :biggrin: oh they really do, the sweat pouring down the red wrinkles of their aged faces...
And yeah it does, it's like you're already one of my best friends :smile:

Reply 36
Oh dear, I doubt I'd be able to control myself tbh ;p well an extensive vocabulary is better than a limited one (and maybe you made the word up ;') well he sounds like a fun person to be around ;p I don't have any really strict teachers, so I'm afraid I can't really empathise :tongue: to be fair if I wouldn't have been staring at her and making her feel embarrassed I would've gone bright red, which would've made them laugh at me more :tongue: hehe well I'll make sure I'm there next time then ;3 why thank you, but everyone can be good at creating imagery, it's really just a matter of being able to choose the right words to show what you mean (I kinda like to think of language as an art :tongue:) yeah clearly that hasn't worked... Oh well!
I can't help it, I'm sweet to nice people :3 neither have I, but I'm sure it'll be nice (especially as my cyber best friend is you :')

Reply 37
Haha I can just picture that now :wink: I would've excused myself (bathroom or something) and then burst out laughing in the corridor! I didn't though, if you stand you're ground they get a bit bored of annoying you and the whole ordeal is over one heck of a lot quicker ;p yeah I guess, but you have a wider range of vocabulary than I do, so all you need to do is learn how to set out what you want to see and you'll be freaking people out with weird anecdotes before you know it! ;D well that's debatable, if what you say is really important and a commitment you know you have to keep, it isn't too hard carrying it out.. P.e. on the other hand is a subject that is incredibly hard to focus on :tongue: thar be interesting, I might just have to keep on doing it now :wink: it does, doesn't it. aww me neither, but then I don't know a lot of people as nice as you :smile:

Reply 38
that'll* not thar, what thar even means :tongue:

Reply 39
Whatever** I hate my iPod -.-

Quick Reply

Latest