The Student Room Group

how long will second hand weed smoke stay in my system?

hi everyone
about 5 days ago i met up with some old friends and played football on a field, after a while some of them started smoking weed. i moved away and started kicking the ball around on my own, however after this they said they where going home and i was getting a lift with one of them. so i walked over and they where finishing off their splifs. i unfortunatly did breath in about 2-5 mouth fulls but then coughed them straight out again. i didnt give into pear pressure and am deffinatly not going to go out with those guys again.
so do you reccon i have second hand weed smoke in my system?
how long will it take to get out of my system?
and what can i do to speed up the process of removing it??
please help
will i be able to pass a drugs test in a month??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You'll probably be fine.

you would probably pass a urine test in a month even if you had been smoking it yourself.
Reply 2
You won't even be affected in the first place from that.
You're worrying over nothing. Chill.
As I understand it, weed does tend to hang around in your body a bit longer than other drugs, but no more than three weeks or so.
You're too innocent for your own good. Grow up, or prepare to have a tough time in early adulthood.
Reply 6
You will be fine.
When it comes to drugs like cannabis and the possibility of second hand smoking is possible you are only counted as positive from a certain amount so.it shows u were smoking it and not just inhaling it

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Reply 8
Original post by I Gurn Hard
You're too innocent for your own good. Grow up, or prepare to have a tough time in early adulthood.

Lol, strong username to avatar to post content ratio.
Reply 9
You will be 100% absolutely fine, speaking from experience haha.
Reply 10
Thanks everyone, just wanted to make sure as I have a drugs test in a month for my job which I have worked sooo hard for.
thanks for putting me at ease really appreciated
Reply 11
I'm more concerned about the fact that you got in to a car being driven by someone who had just been smoking weed.
Weed isn't bad for you.
Reply 13
even if you did get a drugs test the readings would be so negligable they wouldnt care but usually weed stays in your system for about 60days i think it was?
Original post by studentboy94
hi everyone
about 5 days ago i met up with some old friends and played football on a field, after a while some of them started smoking weed. i moved away and started kicking the ball around on my own, however after this they said they where going home and i was getting a lift with one of them. so i walked over and they where finishing off their splifs. i unfortunatly did breath in about 2-5 mouth fulls but then coughed them straight out again. i didnt give into pear pressure and am deffinatly not going to go out with those guys again.
so do you reccon i have second hand weed smoke in my system?
how long will it take to get out of my system?
and what can i do to speed up the process of removing it??
please help
will i be able to pass a drugs test in a month??

You sure you're not high now? You seem really paranoid. You need to get over it to be honest, more people than you realize use cannabis.
The smoke left your system about 30 seconds after you stopped breathing it.

As for anything else that entered your blood (not very much) i'd say about 36 hours. But i doubt you would have ever failed a drug test after that.
Original post by I Gurn Hard

Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Weed isn't bad for you.

He has a drugs test coming up. No matter how amazing you think weed is, surely anyone would aim not to fail a drugs test? Or would you wear it like a badge of honour?
Original post by morematterlessartx
He has a drugs test coming up. No matter how amazing you think weed is, surely anyone would aim not to fail a drugs test? Or would you wear it like a badge of honour?

Weed is a useless, crude drug. I don't think it's amazing. I do however have a problem with the OP acting as though he's honked on a crack pipe after wandering into a thin cloud of cannabis smoke. Judging by the level of innocence which came through in his post, I would also imagine that the friends he was hanging out with were smoking incredibly low grade, if not counterfeit, cannabis. It's clearly not something to be fretting about.
Reply 18
Stop fretting, you'll be fine
Reply 19
Yeah, you're fine. Sniffer dogs won't even smell it after a day...

Quick Reply

Latest