The Student Room Group

Am I boring: Guys would you like to hang out with me/Girls would you date me?

Ok so I'm 21 years old and recently was just thinking of whether I am boring/abnormal compared to other guys my age.
My interests are: I'm a massive sports fan, I actively follow around 6-7 sports and play a few too, writing, reading, travelling, learning about different countries and cultures, history, music and stand-up comedy. Oh and I also like watching a few sitcoms and love watching films, especially foreign language ones.
Am I boring though? I am not at all into cars, which a lot of men seem to be into, I am not huge into gadgets and technology either, I am techno-savvy but it's not like I'm constantly monitoring the market to see what's being released and what's new. And yeah, I'm not much of a gamer too, I play a lot of FIFA and sports games and a bit of GTA and COD but nothing much else.
Oh, and I also like politics and debating, drinking and having a good time.
Cars suck. Football sucks. Gadgets are a bore. I'd trash you on any game too :wink:. Politics :sleep:

But other than that, you're not boring at all. I'd date a guy like you.
Reply 2
Nah you sound normal, why would you think otherwise ?
Original post by fuzznbass
Nah you sound normal, why would you think otherwise ?

Ah well I was in a group of friends who talked all about cars, gadgets, games. It got me thinking whether I am actually abnormal/have abnormal interests.
Original post by Staceycake
Cars suck. Football sucks. Gadgets are a bore. I'd trash you on any game too :wink:. Politics :sleep:

But other than that, you're not boring at all. I'd date a guy like you.

But you hate Football :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by wannabeartist89
Ah well I was in a group of friends who talked all about cars, gadgets, games. It got me thinking whether I am actually abnormal/have abnormal interests.

Nah it just depends on what group of people you hang around with , if you don't have similar interests etc then you won't necessarily fit in and the other way round
Original post by Multitalented me
But you hate Football :wink:

True say...but if the guy didn't ditch my Birthday meal to go football then it's good...I had an ex that did that..
Reply 7

I had the same during college, you can never avoid full on conversations about cars and computer parts. I still don't know anything about them :rolleyes:

You'll just have to practise your changing topic skills, and that shouldn't give you the sense that you're abnormal at all.
Reply 8
Well they are pretty much my hobbies. I'll be your friend!

I don't have too many laddy friends, but most of my friends are pretty normal.
Reply 9
You sound like a top lad. I imagine we'd have a lot to talk about.
How can anyone really judge whether you're boring from this thread? Just because you have a **** load of hobbies doesn't mean anything if you can't hold a decent conversation. It's ridiculous you've even made this thread to be honest, sounds like you're just looking for an ego boost due to your extensive list of hobbies.
(edited 11 years ago)
As long as you do not talk about ****ing triathlon or modifications to you bike, I really don't care all that much.
Ok so I'm 21 years old and recently was just thinking of whether I am boring/abnormal compared to other guys my age.
My interests are: I'm a massive sports fan, I actively follow around 6-7 sports and play a few too, writing, reading, travelling, learning about different countries and cultures, history, music and stand-up comedy. Oh and I also like watching a few sitcoms and love watching films, especially foreign language ones.
Am I boring though? I am not at all into cars, which a lot of men seem to be into, I am not huge into gadgets and technology either, I am techno-savvy but it's not like I'm constantly monitoring the market to see what's being released and what's new. And yeah, I'm not much of a gamer too, I play a lot of FIFA and sports games and a bit of GTA and COD but nothing much else.
Oh, and I also like politics and debating, drinking and having a good time.

It sounds like you have a lot of interests which generally makes someone interesting to a wide variety of people. I dislike sports and PS3/Xbox but everything else you say seems to be similar to my interests. Personally I wouldn't know if I wanted to hang out with you though, but you seem nice enough! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending