The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Has anyone got some tips about storing clothes while in halls ????

Im freaking out that im not going to have enough room at all to store everything, as Im taking alot of clothes
Clothes rail.
Original post by cgvince
Got a ralph lauren polo in fraser today for £30, pretty happy

also what stuff goes well with black skinny jeans ?

Black bottoms must always be paired with black shoes.
Reply 1243
I got my Ray Ban 2140 wayfarer's today, tortoise shell. Quite impressed :smile:

What are the next shorts like? I'm quite liking the look of these!

http://www.next.co.uk/x50516s6#794151x50
Does anyone have any experiences with ASOS' jeans. Ordering from there for the first time so I wanted to know if their jeans are true to size and of a decent quality ?
Original post by FrescoDiMorte
Does anyone have any experiences with ASOS' jeans. Ordering from there for the first time so I wanted to know if their jeans are true to size and of a decent quality ?

I'm always so weary about buying jeans online, Asos have some really good deals on their jeans, but what they call 'skinny' is what i would call baggy, so i just can't be certain. I believe they have quite a reasonable returns policy though
Original post by JLXP
I'm always so weary about buying jeans online, Asos have some really good deals on their jeans, but what they call 'skinny' is what i would call baggy, so i just can't be certain. I believe they have quite a reasonable returns policy though

Is it im going for Slim fits and they have the video which shows the model wearing them, and they look right. Would it be worth getting skinnies that would come out as slims or was it just a one off ?
Is it im going for Slim fits and they have the video which shows the model wearing them, and they look right. Would it be worth getting skinnies that would come out as slims or was it just a one off ?

Could have just been a one off, or i just have stupidly skinny legs. Which ones were you looking at ordering, just out of interest?
I think it's worth getting the ones you like, the video catwalk is quite handy actually!
Reply 1248

I have the indigo skinny fit jeans, and they're pretty good. I mean you can't expect much more for 30£.
Original post by JLXP
Could have just been a one off, or i just have stupidly skinny legs. Which ones were you looking at ordering, just out of interest?
I think it's worth getting the ones you like, the video catwalk is quite handy actually!

These Which are called slim fits but seem to be inbetween skinny and slim

and http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Slim-Jeans-with-Dark-Wash/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1723497&cid=5230&Rf934=2305,2367&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=3&clr=Blue which seem to be just right.

Original post by Peachz
I have the indigo skinny fit jeans, and they're pretty good. I mean you can't expect much more for 30£.

Yeah I know what you mean the ones im getting are on sale for 12.50 and 17.50.Im just trying to avoid buying stuff that is as poor H&M quality.
ASOS jeans, generally, fit as they describe. I'm about a 30S/32S by ASOS measurements and I've owned about 4 or 5 pairs of their jeans and every one of them has been fine. I had a pair of black skinnies that I couldn't stop wearing for a long time and still wear a couple of pairs nowadays. Their slims are, in my experience, a bit closer to the skinny side, but they are all a good fit :smile:
These Which are called slim fits but seem to be inbetween skinny and slim

and http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Slim-Jeans-with-Dark-Wash/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1723497&cid=5230&Rf934=2305,2367&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=3&clr=Blue which seem to be just right.

Yeah I know what you mean the ones im getting are on sale for 12.50 and 17.50.Im just trying to avoid buying stuff that is as poor H&M quality.

Really good prices there! Might get myself a pair for the sake of £12.50
Just ordered a few things online from the next sale and it says up to 6 weeks delivery. I've never ordered online with next before but does it really ever take this long?
Original post by Augmented hippo
Just ordered a few things online from the next sale and it says up to 6 weeks delivery. I've never ordered online with next before but does it really ever take this long?

They say up to six weeks so that you cant ring them up and demand a refund or something like that, in case it doesn't come at a suitable time. Should be 2-5 days.
They say up to six weeks so that you cant ring them up and demand a refund or something like that, in case it doesn't come at a suitable time. Should be 2-5 days.

Ok, thanks
Reply 1255
Original post by fletchdd02
I got my Ray Ban 2140 wayfarer's today, tortoise shell. Quite impressed :smile:

What are the next shorts like? I'm quite liking the look of these!

http://www.next.co.uk/x50516s6#794151x50

I've got the blue & tan pairs. Both are really good, and decent price for £18 (although I got mine cheaper :tongue:)

I ordered these off ASOS http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Skinny-Light-Wash-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2174295&cid=5403&Rf-400=53&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Blue and they were too baggy for my liking. To me their 'super skinny' is pretty much skinny, or you can just size down in skinny if you want :smile:

Their returns policy is excellent though. Free & totally easy. Also, their free delivery is usually pretty quick- I got mine in 4 days once on super saver.

Original post by rockrunride
Black bottoms must always be paired with black shoes.

Not at all.
Original post by YMLT

I ordered these off ASOS http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Skinny-Light-Wash-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2174295&cid=5403&Rf-400=53&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Blue and they were too baggy for my liking. To me their 'super skinny' is pretty much skinny, or you can just size down in skinny if you want :smile:

Their returns policy is excellent though. Free & totally easy. Also, their free delivery is usually pretty quick- I got mine in 4 days once on super saver.

YMLT sounds like you and i are in a similar position when it comes to Skinny jeans, for me the 'stretch skinny' topman ones are perfect.

I've never ordered from Asos but am tempted by some of the £17 'skinny' jeans, with the returns policy do you have to pay to put them into another parcel and post them back?
Reply 1258
Original post by JLXP
YMLT sounds like you and i are in a similar position when it comes to Skinny jeans, for me the 'stretch skinny' topman ones are perfect.

I've never ordered from Asos but am tempted by some of the £17 'skinny' jeans, with the returns policy do you have to pay to put them into another parcel and post them back?

Yeah, the stretch ones are pretty good (River Island do them too), although I've had a couple of, admittedly cheaper pairs, from Topman that have ended up stretching too much round the waist :frown: I'm quite fussy about jeans ahah

When you get your parcel, just open up the bag it comes in really carefully, then if you need to return it you can put your stuff back in their & sellotape it up :smile: They give you a sticker to put on it then you take it to the post office, or local 'collect plus' point which you can find here http://www.collectplus.co.uk/ Its all completely free :smile:
Original post by YMLT
Not at all.

Meant to say anything at all but brown :colondollar:

Latest