The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

oh ****, I have one of these, and it was a nightmare to get it to do some stuff. What exactly are you trying to do/ what will it do? Because I seem to remember being able to take pictures and use the webcam on MSN without having to do anything
Control Panal
Reply 3
Don't you just click start and then 'Crystal Eye' and the webcam automatically turns on??

Or go to 'Run' and type in Crystal Eye.
My Sony had a problem with using its camera over msn. Turned out to be a problem with McAfee.
Reply 5
Go to www.acer.com, click on Support & Downloads, on the next screen click Downloads, then on the next screen select your Location from the pull-down list.

On the next screen click Downloads, then on the next screen select Product Line: Notebooks, select your notebook model from the pull-down and click Search.

This will take you to a list of drivers available for your notebook. If you know what camera your notebook has, download and save the appropriate Vista driver, unzip it and run its Setup program. Also from here you can download and save drivers for any other devices showing in Control Panel as not installed.

Acer should have it you know :smile:
Reply 6
Revolution is my Name
oh ****, I have one of these, and it was a nightmare to get it to do some stuff. What exactly are you trying to do/ what will it do? Because I seem to remember being able to take pictures and use the webcam on MSN without having to do anything

It doesn't even work anywhere else?

I tried control panel and everything.

How do I turn it on?

:frown:

Spikeymike, where are you? :sad:
I have an acer laptop with this integrated in as well. Basically you..

Click on Start>>>Then type in something like "crystal" into the "start search" bar at the bottom of the start menu>>> Acer Crystal Eye Webcam should then come up and then you just click on it to use it.

Ive got to say tho either i'm usin the webcam wrong or it is incredibly poor quality for taking pictures. It is grainy as a ***********
O hai! I'm here! :awesome: *Looks at problem*

Edit:
What's the model number?
Reply 9
spikeymike
O hai! I'm here! :awesome: *Looks at problem*

Edit:
What's the model number?

Extensa 5602Z
Reply 10
bigmo7
Go to www.acer.com, click on Support & Downloads, on the next screen click Downloads, then on the next screen select your Location from the pull-down list.

On the next screen click Downloads, then on the next screen select Product Line: Notebooks, select your notebook model from the pull-down and click Search.

This will take you to a list of drivers available for your notebook. If you know what camera your notebook has, download and save the appropriate Vista driver, unzip it and run its Setup program. Also from here you can download and save drivers for any other devices showing in Control Panel as not installed.

Acer should have it you know :smile:

Thanks mate i've downloaded it! :biggrin:

But now I just need to turn it on.

I click on start, Acer Crystal Eye and it says Camera not found.

How do I turn it on?

Do I need to restart?
*MJ*
Extensa 5620Z

Your laptop drivers site.

There's 2 drivers there? I mean did you install the right one?

Edit:
You need drivers since the software can't find your cam, which I'm not sure yet.

Edit2: For Vista:
Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Device Manager > Under Imaging Devices > If there's something there, right click it > Properties > What's the manufacturer?

Edit 3:

Did you install the right drivers for your operating system? Are you on XP or Vista?
Reply 12
*MJ*
Hi,

I have a built in webcam but have no idea how to access it.

I have tried literally everything! :frown:

Please help me, I have downloaded the software and I think it's installed and I just need to turn it on (the DV thing).

Please can somebody help me.

Thank in advance!

Will rep the person who can help me make it work. :smile:

hey i got my acer nearly 2 wks go and it took me freggin ages to find my webcame. This is wat i did.

1.start button
2.all programes
3.look under acer acade deluxe and it sud be under there listed as acer crysal eye webcam.

hope it works for u:biggrin:
Reply 13
*MJ*
Thanks mate i've downloaded it! :biggrin:

But now I just need to turn it on.

I click on start, Acer Crystal Eye and it says Camera not found.

How do I turn it on?

Do I need to restart?

Have checked in the start, control panel, hardware, device manager to see what mark there is next to the camera?
type it in your search bar. crystal eye webcam.
Reply 15
spikeymike

Edit:
You need drivers since the software can't find your cam, which I'm not sure yet.

Okay I click start, open it and this blank screen just comes up.

I think it needs to be turned on, it usually has a green light which isn't there.

How do I get that green light?
Reply 16
spikeymike

Edit:

Edit2: For Vista:
Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Device Manager > Under Imaging Devices > If there's something there, right click it > Properties > What's the manufacturer?

Edit 3:

Did you install the right drivers for your operating system? Are you on XP or Vista?

Vista.
*MJ*
Vista.

I still think you need the webcam driver... What I would do is, locate your laptop on the Acer website, the link I gave in my previous post. Download both drivers and install 1, check if webcam works, if not, install the other.

And make sure you get the right driver for your operating system.
Reply 18
spikeymike
I still think you need the webcam driver... What I would do is, locate your laptop on the Acer website, the link I gave in my previous post. Download both drivers and install 1, check if webcam works, if not, install the other.

And make sure you get the right driver for your operating system.

I did install it properly.

And when I open it this blank screen comes up.
*MJ*
I did install it properly.

And when I open it this blank screen comes up.

What's the result when you do this?

Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Device Manager > Under Imaging Devices > If there's something there, right click it > Properties > Device status?

Latest

Trending

Trending