The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread

Hey guys,

Seeing as there are no official 2012 applicant's thread at the current moment, I've decided to create one. Post your course/subject, decisions etc.

I myself am applying for Biology C100. Fingers crossed!

Offer holders:

Accounting and Finance
iheartliam - AAB

Biochemistry
WasteMan92 - ABB
grooveshoeshine - ABB

Computer Science
CRX - Unconditional
desy.kris (with Artificial Intelligence) - IB 37 with 18 at HL and a 6 in Maths HL

English
'floss93 - AAB
sammy-lou - AAB

History
letsdothetimewarpagain (and politics) - B
<3 inbetweener =D - AAB
molthemoo - AAB
LeahJ123 - AAB

Mechanical engineering
jstinson - AAA
ssh19931111 - AAA
loku - 36 in IB with 6 in physics and maths and 18 from all HL subjects
lekha2611 - AAA
Like_A_G6 - A*A*A

MORSE
DymentriX - AAB
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm a maths bod.

AS Levels: Maths, Further Maths (self-taught), Physics, Chemistry (will be dropping chem and taking 3 extra self-taught maths modules)
GCSEs: A*AAAAAABCCD Distinction*Distinction*Pass

Good luck everyone!

My PS looks like crap so far. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Contrad!ction.
I'm a maths bod.

AS Levels: Maths, Further Maths (self-taught), Physics, Chemistry (will be dropping chem and taking 3 extra self-taught maths modules)

Good luck everyone!

Wow...
Original post by Jiraiya
Wow...

Why wow? :tongue:

Also, pervy sage?
Reply 4
Why wow? :tongue:

Also, pervy sage?

Those grades are insaneee xD

Aha hai :biggrin: I was well upset when Pain killed him :frown: he was meant to teach Naruto some awesome new movesss and marry Tsunade! Ahh what he would have done.. Then again I've only watched the anime and not read the books so you never know :biggrin: Cant wait till Naruto starts training to control the 9 tails :eek:

Okay.. I'll stop my little geek-out now :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm a maths bod.

Good luck everyone!

My PS is also crap ): I'm completely redrafting mine. When do you think you're going to send in your UCAS application?
Original post by Jiraiya
Those grades are insaneee xD

Aha hai :biggrin: I was well upset when Pain killed him :frown: he was meant to teach Naruto some awesome new movesss and marry Tsunade! Ahh what he would have done.. Then again I've only watched the anime and not read the books so you never know :biggrin: Cant wait till Naruto starts training to control the 9 tails :eek:

Okay.. I'll stop my little geek-out now :redface:

Haha I'm applying to Cambridge and it's freaking me out because everyone on there's got A* and A and nothing else.

I reckon Might Guy's pretty awesome but I need to watch the newer ones - filler episodes annoy the hell out of me :P

Original post by ppincus
My PS is also crap ): I'm completely redrafting mine. When do you think you're going to send in your UCAS application?

I need to get it in fairly early because of Cambridge but other than that not too sure - probably as last minute as possible in case I want to make changes.
Subject: Chemistry
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAA and a B in Additional Maths, but thats a FSMQ
AS: AABB (Geography, Maths, Biology Chemistry respectively), oh and I am also doing AS Further Maths this year :smile:
Predictions: AAAA

I LOVED the look of Southampton! The only thing is, is that its only like 50 mins away from me, so not too far away from where I live... :L
But my personal statement though... o_0 That is an effort to complete and its failing... badly! Any other chemistry soton applicants on here? xD
Original post by LGrosvenor101
Subject: Chemistry
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAA and a B in Additional Maths, but thats a FSMQ
AS: AABB (Geography, Maths, Biology Chemistry respectively), oh and I am also doing AS Further Maths this year :smile:
Predictions: AAAA

I LOVED the look of Southampton! The only thing is, is that its only like 50 mins away from me, so not too far away from where I live... :L

As long as its far enough to be able to live on your own, yet close enough to come back home when your broke, it should be fine :wink:

As for me, I'll be applying for Economics

A2: Maths, F.Maths, Economics and German :smile:
Reply 10
I've applied for MORSE

Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics
A2 Predictions: A*AAB

WHY U NO REPLY SOUTHAMPTON?
Reply 11
Just sent in my ucas app today.

Subject: Accounting and Finance
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAB
AS: ABBB (Economics, Biology, Maths, Chemistry)
A2 (predictions): Economics A, Biology B, Maths B

ahhh nervoussssss!
Reply 12
Sent my UCAS this week.

Subject: Physics
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAc
AS: AAA Maths, Chemistry, Physics
A2 (achieved): Maths A*
A2 (predicted): A*A*A*

Got an invitation to a Visit Day, not sure whether it's a good sign or if everybody who applies gets one. Should be good anyway, as I haven't visited Southampton before.
Reply 13
I'll be sending my UCAS next week once my reference is sorted!

Subject - Morse
A Levels - Maths, Further maths, economics/business and Physics

Good Luck to everyone applying! Nervous times! :smile:
Original post by Hudzy

Subject: Physics

Got an invitation to a Visit Day, not sure whether it's a good sign or if everybody who applies gets one. Should be good anyway, as I haven't visited Southampton before.

Snap! Just recieved my letter today and I am liking the sound of the scholarship. I've been told by a lot of people that Southampton's really lovely so it'd be good to see for myself.
applying for history, my application was processed on friday, ahhhh really wanna find out soon!
Reply 16
I want to apply to read English at Southampton but I just checked the entry requirements on UCAS and they've changed from AAB to AAA while the grades stayed the same on their website! I tried phoning up but they weren't very helpful at all. Can anyone help?
Reply 17
Course: Civil Engineering and Architecture :biggrin:

AS': AABB (Maths, English Lit, Physics, Spanish) - retaking Spanish and redoing Physics coursework because Edexcel are asjdjoein
Predictions: A*A*AA

Sending off my application tomorrow. eek
Applied for biomedical science at Southampton on 26th september

Did not get invited to any open days though?! I'm sensing this is a bad sign haha
since this thread is quite new, can OP make a list of applicants sorted by subject in the first post please? :biggrin:

I'm applying for Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence, doing the IB with a prediction that I do not know, but I think it's >39 :/ application was sent off on 12th but no acknowledgement yet!

Quick Reply

Latest