The Student Room Group

Headstart 2012, Anyone?

Hey guys. So has anyone applied for the EDT Headstart courses 2012? Which courses did you apply for/ get offers from? I just found out I yesterday that I got my first choice - broad-based engineering at Oxford. :biggrin: Anyone else going? Hope you all got the courses you wanted!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got a place on the Warwick broad-based one, really looking forward to it! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hey, I got an offer for Loughborough, broad based too :smile: Looking forward to it!
Reply 3
Original post by rawrasaurus.
Hey guys. So has anyone applied for the EDT Headstart courses 2012? Which courses did you apply for/ get offers from? I just found out I yesterday that I got my first choice - broad-based engineering at Oxford. :biggrin: Anyone else going? Hope you all got the courses you wanted!

Hey, I also got an offer from Oxford, but for materials engineering. The thing is though, I just discovered I have a mechanics exam during the course so it doesn't look like I'll be able to go unless I have a streak of good luck and get on another course, which it says on the email is "very unlikely". I have emailed to ask about it so fingers crossed, but is anyone else here in the same situation? If so, fancy switching identities for a course? I'm so gutted! :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by eddieb189
Hey, I also got an offer from Oxford, but for materials engineering. The thing is though, I just discovered I have a mechanics exam during the course so it doesn't look like I'll be able to go unless I have a streak of good luck and get on another course, which it says on the email is "very unlikely". I have emailed to ask about it so fingers crossed, but is anyone else here in the same situation? If so, fancy switching identities for a course? I'm so gutted! :frown:

Ahh that sucks. Well you never know, there might be someone who put that course as their first choice but got their second choice instead so the Headstart people might be able to do a swap... I mean they obviously thought you were good enough to get a place, and you've got a proper reason why you can't attend so they really should give you a place on another course. Well that's my opinion anyway. :smile: I hope it gets sorted out for you. :console:
Yes I got Warwick broad-based engineering too. =]
Although I did pick Liverpool/Aerospace Engineering as my first choice, at least I got a place.
Reply 6
Just got broad based at Newcastle!!!! Can't wait.
Reply 7
I got a place on the Aeronautics course at Liverpool. So up for this :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by n_noise
ahh should be gooddd! will see you there then :biggrin:

Yeaah sounds good :smile: Btw have you had any confirmation after you made your payment? I paid and sent my forms back but haven't heard anything yet :/
Reply 9
I applied for Swnasea university and I have been accepted
However I had huge problmes with my online payment as I am an ionternational student
Someelse had problme doing the online payment?
Reply 10

I am an internationl student (spai)
Did someone had problems with the online payment?
Reply 11
Someone had problems with the online payment system?

I could not do my payment and i phone Headstart and a robot told me i just had to fill in the code of conduct andd accpetance form and send it without doing the online payment. Then they told me they were going to contact me :s-smilie:

Someone else had this type of problem?
I got onto the Cambridge one in april.

SWEET!!!
anyone else got any other science related work experience.
Reply 13
Original post by patrickinator
I got onto the Cambridge one in april.

SWEET!!!
anyone else got any other science related work experience.

What do you mean by work experience?
I got on Biochemical Engineering to UCL!! Sounds sweet.

Work experience wise I have applied to:
1. Headstart - accepted
2. Sanger Institute - awaiting acception (Ill hear by tomorrow)
3. Nuffield Foundation - haven't heard back yet
4. Cambridge Uni Biochemistry Department - looking for available labs
5. Glaxosmithkline - rejected, not enough space available

I'm going to have a busy summer!

Has anybody else got any science work experience for the summer.
Anybody doing Materials Science at Cambridge??

Hey i applied for that course too, but i got rejected :frown: just wanted to know what GCSE grades did you get? and are you from a state school or public school? Purely curiosity Thanks
Reply 17
I got on to the Leicester physics course, disappointed that I didn't get on tot he physical sciences one at Cambridge but still happy that I actually got a place.
Reply 18
Original post by hughuniversity
Hey i applied for that course too, but i got rejected :frown: just wanted to know what GCSE grades did you get? and are you from a state school or public school? Purely curiosity Thanks

Darn that sucks, did you get an offer from one of your other courses instead?
Erm I got 7A*s and 4As but I've been told that's lower than the average Oxbridge applicant... :/ How about you?
I went to a private school, but I don't think they looked at stuff like that when deciding. I think it was just based on your grades & the personal statement-style thing we had to write. Oh and a bit of luck! :smile:
Darn that sucks, did you get an offer from one of your other courses instead?
Erm I got 7A*s and 4As but I've been told that's lower than the average Oxbridge applicant... :/ How about you?
I went to a private school, but I don't think they looked at stuff like that when deciding. I think it was just based on your grades & the personal statement-style thing we had to write. Oh and a bit of luck! :smile:

Man... That must be my average personal statement. I had 9 A* 3A and I came from a state school. To be fair I didn't put much effort into my personal statement :P so none of the unis took me..

Quick Reply