The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Not good when your leading scorer is JJ Redick with 17 points, not good at all.
Reply 1341
Lmao Van Gundy's a dumbass. :facepalm2:
Lebron james MVP for the season i think so. also that kid got squished haha
Reply 1343
Original post by Xotol
Lmao Van Gundy's a dumbass. :facepalm2:

what did he say?
Reply 1344
Original post by johnharris19944
Lebron james MVP for the season i think so. also that kid got squished haha

I think so lol? This season will go down as one of the best ever if it carries on like this... look at that ridiculous PER he has.

The race now is for 2nd place. Kobe is playing well but has a **** bad FG% and his team won't end up with a great record, Wade is being overshadowed by Lebron, Howard isn't putting up that impressive numbers and all the trade saga will ruin his chances, Rose is too injured, Durant's numbers isn't as good as Lebron, CP3 has too many bad games and Love's team record will be around .500 and he plays no D.

Lebron will win it. If he doesn't, I'll eat my shoe lol.
Reply 1345
Original post by S-man10
what did he say?

Just randomly in the middle of play after they're talking about Lebron or Howard:

Van Gundy: '...What I wanna know is what that little bird next to her name is when she does an interview...'

Other guy: 'Umm, that's for twitter.'

Van Gundy: 'Uh ok.'
Original post by Xotol
Just randomly in the middle of play after they're talking about Lebron or Howard:

Van Gundy: '...What I wanna know is what that little bird next to her name is when she does an interviewer...'

Other guy: 'Umm, that's for twitter.'

Van Gundy: 'Uh ok.'

i dunno a lot of people predicting the awards say it wont be as big of a landslide as one thinks since the finals last year will be in peoples memory even though that was last year but they could be right but i agree with you so easily the mvp this season its not fun.
Reply 1347
**** sake Howard. I don't want you in Chicago no more.
Reply 1348
Tbh I never thought Howard was as good as people said he was. The true thing is that he is probably the strongest center in the NBA but defo not up there with Shaq or even Yao. How terrible can his FT shooting get? 2-10 ffs, and he isn't always as dominant as people make him to be, at least not this season.

As for rebounding, I'd say right now he's 2nd behind Love, because when I watch them play, Love hustles for every rebound, while with Howard it's like he has a reputation (which he earned the last 3 seasons) and nobody really tries to challenge him for it anyway.
Reply 1349
Original post by Xotol
**** sake Howard. I don't want you in Chicago no more.

btw...

Spoiler

Reply 1350
Original post by Qi Jia
Tbh I never thought Howard was as good as people said he was. The true thing is that he is probably the strongest center in the NBA but defo not up there with Shaq or even Yao. How terrible can his FT shooting get? 2-10 ffs, and he isn't always as dominant as people make him to be, at least not this season.

As for rebounding, I'd say right now he's 2nd behind Love, because when I watch them play, Love hustles for every rebound, while with Howard it's like he has a reputation (which he earned the last 3 seasons) and nobody really tries to challenge him for it anyway.

The guy needs a good team and PG to start realising his full potential. Look, he's been carrying his team for the past 5 or so years pretty much on his own as a Centre. He's given more to that team than Lebron did to Cleveland or CP3 to NOH IMO.

He's in his prime. If he gets a good PG behind him (i.e. D-Will), his numbers will skyrocket. There's no man in the game that can dominate at C like him atm.

He won't ever be as good as Shaq, but how many are? That guy was arguably the biggest freak of nature the game has ever seen. I think he'll be better than Yao though.

The history of the C position is arguably the best: Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Walton, Shaq, Robinson, Malone, Zo, Ewing etc.

No way Howard is entering anywhere near that.
Reply 1351
Linsanity just taking one big step towards been credible...... LBJ ffs :adore:
Reply 1353
What do you think of Lebon James?

Will he go down as one of the greatest alongside Kobe etc or has him joining up with Wade and Bosh hurt that?
Reply 1354
Original post by boateng

Believe me, I so would
Reply 1355
Original post by boateng

Will he go down as one of the greatest alongside Kobe etc or has him joining up with Wade and Bosh hurt that?

In my books,yes, he's up there with Kobe as long as he gets at least 3 rings .

I never really understood the argument that having players around you means that championship that you've won are worth less. No one player is capable of winning a championship by himslef -even MJ had 'help'.
Reply 1356
Original post by Xotol
The guy needs a good team and PG to start realising his full potential. Look, he's been carrying his team for the past 5 or so years pretty much on his own as a Centre. He's given more to that team than Lebron did to Cleveland or CP3 to NOH IMO.

He's in his prime. If he gets a good PG behind him (i.e. D-Will), his numbers will skyrocket. There's no man in the game that can dominate at C like him atm.

He won't ever be as good as Shaq, but how many are? That guy was arguably the biggest freak of nature the game has ever seen. I think he'll be better than Yao though.

The history of the C position is arguably the best: Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Walton, Shaq, Robinson, Malone, Zo, Ewing etc.

No way Howard is entering anywhere near that.

You left out Hakeem :redface: ! Although I get your point.

But I really disagree with you saying Howard carried the Magic better than Lebron at Cavs and CP3 at the NOH.

The reason is not so much of the Cavs and NOH being horrible without their superstars, but because Howard's supporting cast has been extremely good throughout the past few years.

Ok, just maybe those 2 years when the made the East Finals and 1 NBA Finals. The greatest thing about the team in my opinion was that they were a great 3-pt shooting team, I think they set a NBA playoffs record for most 3-pointers made in 08 or 09, and I don't think Dwight made any of them.

Just look at the last time Magic beat the Heat, they won because of their 3 pt shooting, at least they did in my opinion, scoring more than half of their points with 3 pointers.

Not hatin' on him though, he's just a decent player and a regular person to me.

On other news, does anyone know when they announce the player of the week award winners? Do you guys think Lin can win it again?
Reply 1357
Did Lin just have 16 turnovers in 2 games? Cracking ball control.
Original post by boateng

Unless he suddenly develops a killer instinct and wins 5 consecutive championships he will be remembered as someone who never really lived up to his huge physical potential. It also depends on what sort of dynamic he develops with Wade. If he plays 2nd fiddle to Wade down the stretch in tight games he will be hurting his legacy, though probably helping his team.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1359
Original post by BigFudamental
Unless he suddenly develops a killer instinct and wins 5 consecutive championships he will be remembered as someone who never really lived up to his huge physical potential. It also depends on what sort of dynamic he develops with Wade. If he plays 2nd fiddle to Wade down the stretch in tight games he will be hurting his legacy, though probably helping his team.

What do people mean whey they talk about his physical attributes? It is because he is very mobile for someone his size.