The Student Room Group

Is anyone revising yet?!

A few people in my year have already started revising for our Standard Grade Exams in May/June, and now I'm feeling a tad worried. I wasn't planning on revising properly until the Easter holidays. I've only got 7 exams this year and I got straight 1s in the prelims by just revising for all day the day before, and I was going to revise more than that for the actuals, but 3 months before!?! To me, that's just madness. Going to tutorials and keeping on top of homework is my current plan, or am I completely wrong and should be studying nightly? :confused:

Also, has anyone else doing SGs/Highers/Adv. Highers started revising yet? :smile:
Original post by mrsnicket
A few people in my year have already started revising for our Standard Grade Exams in May/June, and now I'm feeling a tad worried. I wasn't planning on revising properly until the Easter holidays. I've only got 7 exams this year and I got straight 1s in the prelims by just revising for all day the day before, and I was going to revise more than that for the actuals, but 3 months before!?! To me, that's just madness. Going to tutorials and keeping on top of homework is my current plan, or am I completely wrong and should be studying nightly? :confused:

Also, has anyone else doing SGs/Highers/Adv. Highers started revising yet? :smile:

Nah, just finished revising for prelims the other week! Probably start REALLY revising for finals in like early/mid April or something. Although in a few subjects we have nearly finished the course so we'll probably be starting revision in classes before that.
Reply 2
I sort of am I guess. Due to my complete incompetence at being able to organise my notes in any way or form, I've lost my entire years worth of notes for EVERY SINGLE SUBJECT! (doing five highers this year) so I have to remake the notes for the whole year to revise from at Easter, I guess by copying out from textbooks etc plus doing homework outside of school, I am kind of revising, but I'm not planning on doing practice questions or papers until Easter holidays/April.
Reply 3
I got mainly 2's in my SG prelims and I'm starting to revise for the exams today :smile:
I've never started revising for the final exams before the Easter holidays. Even revising during the Easter holidays has taken a lot of willpower. I don't exactly have a good revision strategy, though. :ninja:
Reply 5
I've started already,my year head told me that Easter would be too late to begin..
I'm doing A'Levels (sorry Scot's:wink:) and I started a few weeks ago.
Reply 7
Why would I revise, it's not the night before the exam yet.
I'm just starting on the notes... after that ill do all the past papers i can find!
Reply 9
I'm doing A-levels and I don't revise until a week before the exams :L this didn't work for me at GCSE because I had too many within 3 weeks (20) and just gave up revising :smile: but it helps me I get good grades so I must be doing something right and not wasting my current time which is meant to be spent on having fun and going out revising :biggrin:
Please do not waste your time studying for exams 2 months before, especially for SG. Just do the same as you did before and you'll be fine. seriously, starting now is not worth it. You'll burn out and have no motivation near exam time.
Reply 11
I haven't started revising yet, but I shall after my colleges two week end of term break. :smile:
I haven't started, I might not start really at all since I find revision doesn't really help me with exams.
Reply 13
As I just finished my Higher prelims around 2 weeks now, I've been taking a 'break' from a weeks worth of revision - although I hopefully plan on starting revision during the Easter holidays... hopefully.

For SG you're lucky if I even revised a few days before each exam, which I know isn't a good example, but I still managed to get Credit passes for every subject. However it's your choice either to 'risk it for a biscuit' and not revise as much as you know you should (like what I did) or be the bigger person and do your revision.

Although doing your homework and going to extra study classes will 'help', the work will not stick in your brain for a long amount of time. My main form of revision was past papers during SG, which seemed to work although I highly stress that if you want to be completely sure of 1's, you need to do that extra bit of revision! :hmpf:
I am finding very difficult to start revising. Every week i have got at least one NAB or Coursework deadline,impossible to start. I think i am going to proper revise once the NABS are all done.

Quick Reply

Latest