The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 ~ 21 May 2012 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Which topic are you guys going to start revising first? I can't decide whether to start with the first topic and make my way through the unit or start with Exchange and Transport, as this is looking like the biggest topic in my folder..
Reply 21
Original post by CupcakeFaerie
Which topic are you guys going to start revising first? I can't decide whether to start with the first topic and make my way through the unit or start with Exchange and Transport, as this is looking like the biggest topic in my folder..

I'm doing this exam too ( first time) is it much harder than unit 1? Is there much more content to learn?
Original post by jamessssx
I'm doing this exam too ( first time) is it much harder than unit 1? Is there much more content to learn?

A lot harder than Unit 1 :redface:

Unit 1 is a lot more human than Unit 2; Unit 2 is a lot more 'animal / plant', e.g. exchange / transport, classification, biodiversity, relationships between organisms, variation, etc.

Unit 4 is even less human, with all the ecology :rant:

Unit 5 though :love:
Reply 23
Original post by thegodofgod
A lot harder than Unit 1 :redface:

Unit 1 is a lot more human than Unit 2; Unit 2 is a lot more 'animal / plant', e.g. exchange / transport, classification, biodiversity, relationships between organisms, variation, etc.

Unit 4 is even less human, with all the ecology :rant:

Unit 5 though :love:

I got a B in unit 1 so i guess aslong as i revise hard i should do ok? its just the graphs and relationships and stuff which is a bit :/
I also hate How Science Works questions :tongue: Bloody shrews and pigs in Unit 4 xD

Yes Unit 2 is quite big..even though it looks small in the textbook it goes into quite a bit of detail :tongue:

I also like Unit 5 ^^ Hoping to do a Neuroscience degree at uni so FINALLY we're doing something interesting that's about the human body and not plants and ecology :tongue: Though thinking back I should have probably done a Human Biology course instead of general Biology if I prefered the human body - but general Biology is more useful Uni-wise.
Reply 25
I also hate How Science Works questions :tongue: Bloody shrews and pigs in Unit 4 xD

Yes Unit 2 is quite big..even though it looks small in the textbook it goes into quite a bit of detail :tongue:

I also like Unit 5 ^^ Hoping to do a Neuroscience degree at uni so FINALLY we're doing something interesting that's about the human body and not plants and ecology :tongue: Though thinking back I should have probably done a Human Biology course instead of general Biology if I prefered the human body - but general Biology is more useful Uni-wise.

thnx
Unit 2 and Unit 4 are quite similar, revise Unit 2 well and you'll have covered some of the spec of Unit 4 too, I mean not respiration and photosynthesis as that's quite big in Unit 4..but things like Variation and Biodiversity :smile:
Reply 27
Unit 2 and Unit 4 are quite similar, revise Unit 2 well and you'll have covered some of the spec of Unit 4 too, I mean not respiration and photosynthesis as that's quite big in Unit 4..but things like Variation and Biodiversity :smile:

thnx, do you use cgp guide? thats how i revise lol. you can also quote people so they can reply btw
Totally failed Unit 1 so I have to retake that, and do Unit 2.

I'm not struggling with Unit 2 though, since I've been revising other topics before we've been taught them so I struggle a lot less than I did with Unit 1 >_>

If anyone wants some notes, download this. It's helped me a lot.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21417786/Unit_2_Notes.pdf
thnx, do you use cgp guide? thats how i revise lol. you can also quote people so they can reply btw

Lol ok sorry...

Yeah I've just bought their AS/A2 revision book.
I'm retaking this :P Haven't looked over the stuff since last summer ^^ One question - do we need to know anything from Unit 1 to help us answer any of the questions? Sorry I haven't looked over this for a while and really can't remember xD

ahh i'm retaking it too! :colondollar:
Reply 31
Lol ok sorry...

Yeah I've just bought their AS/A2 revision book.

oh sick im just using the AS cgp one atm. dw about it babe we all make mistakes
Oh hi there :colone:
Reply 33
Original post by Mocking_bird
Oh hi there :colone:

My good friend Mocking_bird, hi again! How did you do in Unit 1?
Afraid I'm leaving you all :frown: Teacher recommended I do Unit 1 again instead as it would be more beneficial with learning Unit 5.
Hope you all have fun revising and good luck :smile:
Reply 35
Afraid I'm leaving you all :frown: Teacher recommended I do Unit 1 again instead as it would be more beneficial with learning Unit 5.
Hope you all have fun revising and good luck :smile:

good luck! xx
Original post by extons
My good friend Mocking_bird, hi again! How did you do in Unit 1?

Hey there! I got an A, 88/100 :smile:
How did you do?

-------------------------------

How much have you all covered of Unit 2? (Besides those who have already done it and are retaking)
Im worried my class is behind, we've only covered 2 booklets (DNA and Variety) since January since we've been doing ISA's and all that aswell.
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh my god, unit 2 makes me want to cry myself to sleep. Biodiversity :frown: Cohesion-tension theory :frown: I think my favourite topic is haemoglobin and the oxygen-dissociation curve. I think I'd enjoy the photosynthesis and respiration in unit 4, and unit 5 sounds sexy :ahee:
Reply 38
Original post by Mocking_bird
Hey there! I got an A, 88/100 :smile:
How did you do?

-------------------------------

How much have you all covered of Unit 2? (Besides those who have already done it and are retaking)
Im worried my class is behind, we've only covered 2 booklets (DNA and Variety) since January since we've been doing ISA's and all that aswell.

have you done mitosis
have you done mitosis

Yes, we did that in our DNA booklet.

Quick Reply

Latest