The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by damilola
So... I didn't get into OPITO, this might mean me sitting home for another year, yay me(!) I hope U guys I helped out at least got through to the next stage, good luck with whatever U all decide to do with ur lives, it was nice (kinda) knowing u :tongue: xx

Sorry to hear that! How did you feel you had done? Have you phoned them to see what went wrong? This makes me anxious, I should be hearing this week if not today!

Whats for you won't go past you!
Original post by JAYP91
Sorry to hear that! How did you feel you had done? Have you phoned them to see what went wrong? This makes me anxious, I should be hearing this week if not today!

Whats for you won't go past you!

I thought I did quite well overall sand I made a mistake with my shading on the process paper but I still thought I had a good chance. I haven't called just yet :s-smilie: don't get worked up abt it, I'm really hoping U get it :biggrin:
I'm actually pretty shocked, I thought you would definitely make it through to the next stage after passing last year. Have you got anything else in the pipeline or was that the last one for this year?
Original post by Nameismark87
I'm actually pretty shocked, I thought you would definitely make it through to the next stage after passing last year. Have you got anything else in the pipeline or was that the last one for this year?

I thought so too,yh, I have ECITB too, hopefully that works out but I'm running out of hope :frown:
Did you have to do a separate assessment for ecitb? I just applied for that the other day too.
Original post by kenny222
Did you call them or receive a letter? And I'm sorry to hear that.

i got a letter this morning :/
Did you have to do a separate assessment for ecitb? I just applied for that the other day too.

i didnt have to last year, but then i applied to OPITO who forwarded me on to ECITB
Original post by kenny222
Absolutely gutted for ya. I'm shtitin myself now since I haven't received my letter now that other people are getting them.

i had my test days before u though, so chill :biggrin:
My percentages 96% 86% 46% 99% 99%, I got let down in mechanical reasoning 46 ****Ing percent :angry:
That's rubbish luck! You would have thought since your other grades were so good it could have pulled up the other one. Did they tell you what the pass percentage for the mechanical was?
Reply 1050
Hi everyone, just read back over the entire thread, there's some very useful information here, thanks.
I'm still waiting for a date for my aptitude test, I believe they didn't get to my area until around May last year, so I have a while to wait still. Reading that some of the applicants are in their early twenties doesn't give me much hope of getting on the shceme, as I am only 16, but i think the experience will be good and if I don't make it this year I have a place at 6th form college and will try again next year. Good luck to everyone, maybe I will meet some of you one day.
That's rubbish luck! You would have thought since your other grades were so good it could have pulled up the other one. Did they tell you what the pass percentage for the mechanical was?

I know right :rolleyes: it was 60% not even close :tongue:
Original post by cam1996
Hi everyone, just read back over the entire thread, there's some very useful information here, thanks.
I'm still waiting for a date for my aptitude test, I believe they didn't get to my area until around May last year, so I have a while to wait still. Reading that some of the applicants are in their early twenties doesn't give me much hope of getting on the shceme, as I am only 16, but i think the experience will be good and if I don't make it this year I have a place at 6th form college and will try again next year. Good luck to everyone, maybe I will meet some of you one day.

Just to put your mind at ease my fiancées little brother got into the scheme last year at the age of 16, he got the acceptance letter the same day he got his higher results...which he failed pretty much all of haha
Reply 1053
Just to put your mind at ease my fiancées little brother got into the scheme last year at the age of 16, he got the acceptance letter the same day he got his higher results...which he failed pretty much all of haha

Thanks for that, is he enjoying it?
I'm just worrying about the test, as I have never done anything like that before, the maths will be fine but have no idea about the other papers.
Reply 1054
I got my letter today confirming i had passed the aptitude test, such a relief! now onto the interview.. again.
Original post by JAYP91
I got my letter today confirming i had passed the aptitude test, such a relief! now onto the interview.. again.

hey, better luck this time around :biggrin:
Reply 1056
Hi guys, had my initial acceptance on the 2nd of March but no aptitude test letter yet. Did anyone else get accepted around the same time and if so have you heard anything yet?

Many thanks and good luck to you all
Reply 1057
I got my first letter on 2nd Feb and not had my date for the aptitude test yet. Where are you in the country?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1058
Original post by damilola
My percentages 96% 86% 46% 99% 99%, I got let down in mechanical reasoning 46 ****Ing percent :angry:

I got my percentages back - 92% 99% 76% 96% 96%. It appears the mechanical reasoning/comprehension is the one to slip up on (the pass grade for that on is 54%). Ironically i thought i had done worst on the calculator paper but i got 99%? I guess you'll never really know until you get your results.
Original post by JAYP91
I got my percentages back - 92% 99% 76% 96% 96%. It appears the mechanical reasoning/comprehension is the one to slip up on (the pass grade for that on is 54%). Ironically i thought i had done worst on the calculator paper but i got 99%? I guess you'll never really know until you get your results.

Grr damn U! I say this good-naturedly of course :colone: good luck Jayp91 :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending