The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Kost_119
Oh, so you specifically asked her for the Biology course eh?:frown: I hope its no different for Economics
Thanks

Me neither.. I really want to know their answer.

Especially since I've already sent my application in early December.
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 301
Original post by diogodji
Me neither.. I really want to know their answer.

Especially since I've already sent my application in early December.

also applied for Economics ?
Anyone going to the applicant day a week tomorrow?

I'm now leaning towards firming my Edinburgh unconditional but HW has the last chance to impress me.
Reply 303
I got a message from a guy how's working at HW and she told that the information I got about getting the replies tomorrow was wrong. According to him it might take them another 3 weeks to make up their mind. I have no idea why they're doing that -I'm sure there actually is a good reason- but by doing that they are honestly losing many students who rather accept their second chioce offers that hope that there's something good coming from HW. Dissapointed, reallt dissapointed.
Original post by alaverka
I got a message from a guy how's working at HW and she told that the information I got about getting the replies tomorrow was wrong. According to him it might take them another 3 weeks to make up their mind. I have no idea why they're doing that -I'm sure there actually is a good reason- but by doing that they are honestly losing many students who rather accept their second chioce offers that hope that there's something good coming from HW. Dissapointed, reallt dissapointed.

Aren't they supposed to reply by 31 March?
hello everybody! :] i'm from Bulgaria. i've sent my application on 28th october and still no answer.. i've talked with them on monday and was told that an answer in ucas track will be available after week or two.. so i do hope that by the end of the next week there'll be all decision made. i applied for MA Economics [ L 100 ]. As i'm reading some posts here i see many people will left heriot-watt because of the awful waiting and do their firm & insurance is that right ? a one more question - are there generally a huge number of applicants to hariot watt with Economics. thanks in advance and wish luck to everyone : ]
Reply 306
Original post by Mr Dangermouse

The 31st was the first deadline which is given to universities, but they don't have to make up their mind by that time, UCAS allows them to change the application status until 10th of May or smth like that. So, as far as I know, the 31st is the suggested date when all of the applicants should have all of their offers and can start visiting the unis and making up their mind about where they want to go and study.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse

Actually 31st march is the recommendatory term for respond. The real final term is on 10th may. but as i said in my previous post i believe that by the end of the next week we should have the decisions. :smile:
Reply 308
Original post by Momchi Nasvadi
hello everybody! :] i'm from Bulgaria. i've sent my application on 28th october and still no answer.. i've talked with them on monday and was told that an answer in ucas track will be available after week or two.. so i do hope that by the end of the next week there'll be all decision made. i applied for MA Economics [ L 100 ]. As i'm reading some posts here i see many people will left heriot-watt because of the awful waiting and do their firm & insurance is that right ? a one more question - are there generally a huge number of applicants to hariot watt with Economics. thanks in advance and wish luck to everyone : ]

Hey there.I have also applied for Economics (L100) and still haven't got an answer concerning my application. HW has a good department for Economics?
Reply 309
conditional for psychology ^^
Hey there.I have also applied for Economics (L100) and still haven't got an answer concerning my application. HW has a good department for Economics?

Yes, they do have a good Economics department. :smile: They have a strong economics society either [ a lot of meetings with people from industry, workshops, famous lecturers from world top unis etc..] and very good links with firms and industry. The university at all is doing a lot of research with is definitely a good point too. :smile:
Reply 311
also applied for Economics ?

Yes I did. I believe that HW has a great economics/business department, which lead me to choose it.
Original post by SS*
Is anyone hoping to do second year entry chemical engineering? :smile:

I'm thinking about it...depending on my results really. Are you?
wish good luck to all who are still waiting for offer this week ! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 314
Original post by flapurwings
I'm thinking about it...depending on my results really. Are you?

Yes hopefully! Although I'm terrified about not having any friends...but then I think about being a year ahead, and it sounds like a good choice! Let me know if you decide :smile:
Original post by SS*
Yes hopefully! Although I'm terrified about not having any friends...but then I think about being a year ahead, and it sounds like a good choice! Let me know if you decide :smile:

Sure will :smile: If I get the grades, I'm pretty sure I will try to get into second year but I have firmed my 1st year entry at the moment...(-you're right,2nd year does sound good!) I was scared about not having any friends either, but it's good to know that someone else is in the same position as me :smile: Is it MEng Chemical Engineering you applied for?
Reply 316
Wow... unsuccessful. This was unexpected. I think Edinburgh brings absolutely no luck for me. The city's two universities are the only ones that rejected me.
Reply 317
Original post by m17b
Wow... unsuccessful. This was unexpected. I think Edinburgh brings absolutely no luck for me. The city's two universities are the only ones that rejected me.

Wow, i'm sorry.

Anyway, at least you received your response already. I'm still anxiously awaiting for mine for about 4 months now.
Hello, maybe someone nows when the replies are coming? it is taking too long
Reply 319
Original post by diogodji
Wow, i'm sorry.

Anyway, at least you received your response already. I'm still anxiously awaiting for mine for about 4 months now.

What can I say, except good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest