The Student Room Group

Yemen Terrorist attack 90 dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
It will never stop....as long as American drones are flying over Yemen and killing innocent children and their fathers join Al Qaeda to avenge the death of their babies.
Reply 3
Don't say anything mean about the terrorists or the UAF will call you racist.
Reply 4
Original post by ak137
It will never stop....as long as American drones are flying over Yemen and killing innocent children and their fathers join Al Qaeda to avenge the death of their babies.

Al Qaeda was launching attacks from Yemen long before US drone strikes on the country. With or without them there would still be terrorism in the country
Reply 5
Original post by Aj12
Al Qaeda was launching attacks from Yemen long before US drone strikes on the country. With or without them there would still be terrorism in the country

Are you sure you want to enter this debate? Dont want you throwing a tantrum now do we.

Im pretty sure it was because of this guy (US backed obviously).
Reply 6
Original post by ak137
Are you sure you want to enter this debate? Dont want you throwing a tantrum now do we.

Im pretty sure it was because of this guy (US backed obviously).

Don't change your argument. You first blame U.S. drone attacks and when owned on that point you bring up a completely unrelated issue. Al-Qaeda are not a reflection of oppressed minorities.
Reply 7
Original post by Suetonius
Don't change your argument. You first blame U.S. drone attacks and when owned on that point you bring up a completely unrelated issue. Al-Qaeda are not a reflection of oppressed minorities.

What? AQ, Yemeni dictator and the US foreign policy towards Yemen are interrelated, genius. If you need me to explain all this to you, you obviously know nothing about the middle east.

Ah you're the guy you jumped on the "kony" bandwagon, I seem to remember. All seems clear now. :rofl2:
Reply 8
Original post by ak137
What? AQ, Yemeni dictator and the US foreign policy towards Yemen are interrelated, genius. If you need me to explain all this to you, you obviously know nothing about the middle east.

Ah you're the guy you jumped on the "kony" bandwagon, I seem to remember. All seems clear now. :rofl2:

Then make it clear in your original post rather than blaming just US drone strikes :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by ak137

Yes, but I never said "US foreign policy" did I? I said "drone attacks", in accord with your first point. Aj correctly pointed out that the al-Qaeda insurgency was going on before the drone attacks began (indeed, it should be obvious that the drone attacks only took place because of the AQ insurgency). Because of this you shifted your position to "oh, but the U.S. supports Saleh" as though that reaffirms your first point. Which it doesn't. So there...

P.S. And your argument is rendered even more nonsensical by the fact that Saleh is no longer the Yemen's president anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Aj12
Then make it clear in your original post rather than blaming just US drone strikes :rolleyes:

What exactly do you want me to clear for you, aj. Ill spell it out letter by letter, if it makes it easier to sink in. Dont pretend you middle class liberals care about "muslim civilians" in Yemen, when you create threads every other day slagging Muslims (the same guys you're meant to be caring about).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by ak137
...middle class white liberals ...

Why does this matter?
Reply 12
Original post by ak137
What exactly do you want me to clear for you, aj. Ill spell it out letter by letter, if it makes it easier to sink in. Dont pretend you middle class white liberals care about "muslim civilians" in Yemen, when you create threads every other day slagging Muslims (the same guys you're meant to be caring about).

I want you to stop making moronic posts that you apparently know are wrong then suddenly change your line when someone questions you on it.

Reply 13
Yes, but I never said "US foreign policy" did I? I said "drone attacks", in accord with your first point. Aj correctly pointed out that the al-Qaeda insurgency was going on before the drone attacks began (indeed, it should be obvious that the drone attacks only took place because of the AQ insurgency). Because of this you shifted your position to "oh, but the U.S. supports Saleh" as though that reaffirms your first point. Which it doesn't. So there...

P.S. And your argument is rendered even more nonsensical by the fact that Saleh is no longer the Yemen's president anyway.

Yes it does, because they're interrelated. Anyone with half a brain can see that. You're either an ignorant fool or you watch too much propaganda. Turn off the TV mate, its controlling your psyche.
Reply 14
Original post by Aj12
I want you to stop making moronic posts that you apparently know are wrong then suddenly change your line when someone questions you on it.

I want you do the same. Considering your doing a history degree, you're pretty ignorant. You know nothing about post WW2 middle east and you think you're an expert on it after watching a few AlJazeera clips lol. :wink:
Why does this matter?

Scary word eh.
Reply 15
Original post by ak137
I want you do the same. Considering your doing a history degree, you're pretty ignorant. You know nothing about post WW2 middle east and you think you're an expert on it after watching a few AlJazeera clips lol. :wink:

Scary word eh.

Never claimed to be an expect. Would't be on TSR if I was
Reply 16
Original post by ak137
Yes it does, because they're interrelated. Anyone with half a brain can see that. You're either an ignorant fool or you watch too much propaganda. Turn off the TV mate, its controlling your psyche.

Ok. Let's look through this. You first said that "fathers join Al Qaeda to avenge the death of their babies" (as if creating more orphans is a natural reaction to this), the consequence of U.S. drone attacks, and then when you're put in your place by the correct observation that the al-Qaeda insurgency has been going on since before the limited U.S. intervention there, you say "Im pretty sure it was because of this guy" (Ali Abdullah Saleh). You brought him up because you were scrambling to find anything which predates drone attacks in your incessant attempts to justify terrorism. Just face it ak137. You always construct your arguments with the preconceived end goal of presenting terrorists (no matter who their victims are) as an understandable response by brown-skinned subalterns against the evils committed by, as you say, "middle-class white liberals". You're nothing but a racist fool and an apologist for murder.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Ok. Let's look through this. You first said that "fathers join Al Qaeda to avenge the death of their babies" (as if creating more orphans is a natural reaction to this), the consequence of U.S. drone attacks, and then when you're put in your place by the correct observation that the al-Qaeda insurgency has been going on since before the limited U.S. intervention there, you say "Im pretty sure it was because of this guy" (Ali Abdullah Saleh). You brought him up because you were scrambling to find anything which predates drone attacks in your incessant attempts to justify terrorism. Just face it ak137. You always construct your arguments with the preconceived end goal of presenting terrorists (no matter who their victims are) as an understandable response by brown-skinned subalterns against the evils committed by, as you say, "middle-class white liberals". You're nothing but a racist fool and an apologist for murder.

Yawn. Same old liberal rubbish. Come back with a bit of originality.
Original post by ak137
Yawn. Same old liberal rubbish. Come back with a bit of originality.

Very effective way of essentially indirectly, self-admittedly losing an argument. I agreed with your initial point to an extent, but this is a poor demonstration of any strategical and geo-political knowledge of the workings and conduct of al-Qaeda.
It's nice to see the MUN representative of Egypt sticks to his role, even in off-topic threads.

Quick Reply

Latest