The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology unit 4 crime & deviance- january 27th 2012 !!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by husn
possibly - as it hasnt come up b4 - i hate it though!!!

i hate the methods in contesxt
hows revison going ?

how many hourse u do for sociology
Reply 401
Original post by wwelol
i hate the methods in contesxt
hows revison going ?

how many hourse u do for sociology

i quite like the methods in context - its like the best of both worlds - cuz u can in actual fact blag ur way through the whole question (which is what I did at as)
- revision 4 sociologys going ok i suppose - just finished doing the whole methods and theories but overall rev.s killing me
because im doing 4 and a half a levels - totalling to 8 exams in may/june Q!Q * kill me now*
and u? - hows ur revisiong going m8? - i try to do so many hours but can bever actually come round doing so - so average abt 2 hrs:eek:
Reply 402
Original post by husn
i quite like the methods in context - its like the best of both worlds - cuz u can in actual fact blag ur way through the whole question (which is what I did at as)
- revision 4 sociologys going ok i suppose - just finished doing the whole methods and theories but overall rev.s killing me
because im doing 4 and a half a levels - totalling to 8 exams in may/june Q!Q * kill me now*
and u? - hows ur revisiong going m8? - i try to do so many hours but can bever actually come round doing so - so average abt 2 hrs:eek:

yeh it s a piss take for sociology b/c there is so many bookelets to learn and all my revsion time going on sociology and im still on theory and i need 89marks to get an overall A out of 120
wbu?

ive not really revised methods Q yet
Just a little something for anyone who wants an A/A* in this exam.

This is the PERFECT revision guide for unit 4. If you learn this well, it will be hard not to get an A/A*. Got me there in Jan

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Support-Materials-Sociology-Deviance/dp/0007418345/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334084005&sr=8-1

Hope it helps.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT MIGHT COME UP IN THE SUMMER?! I have predicted, SUICIDE, CONTROL, VICTIMS AND PUNISHMENT for the 21 marks...the 33mark I think will be either social policy, objectivity and values or action theories!!!!
Reply 405
Original post by onlyyouknowbest
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT MIGHT COME UP IN THE SUMMER?! I have predicted, SUICIDE, CONTROL, VICTIMS AND PUNISHMENT for the 21 marks...the 33mark I think will be either social policy, objectivity and values or action theories!!!!

i doubt social policy the topic is way too small
yah i reckon social action or science
Reply 406
Original post by wwelol
yeh it s a piss take for sociology b/c there is so many bookelets to learn and all my revsion time going on sociology and im still on theory and i need 89marks to get an overall A out of 120
wbu?

ive not really revised methods Q yet

yh thats very true - theres way too much to revise for this exam!!
how did u do for unit 3 if u dont mind me asking?? and the other two units>>

i need ums marks to be in the 80 region too for the A
but i really want that A* (athough I doubt ill get it):mad:
Reply 407
Original post by husn
yh thats very true - theres way too much to revise for this exam!!
how did u do for unit 3 if u dont mind me asking?? and the other two units>>

i need ums marks to be in the 80 region too for the A
but i really want that A* (athough I doubt ill get it):mad:

i scraped an A
wbu
how do u revise - do u just memorise?
Reply 408
Original post by wwelol
i scraped an A
wbu
how do u revise - do u just memorise?

well what i do is just summarise (put main points down) on coloured flash cards - thats what ive done for all the crime stuff
and for the theories stuff i re-typed up the notes my teachers had given me - and surprisingly its kind of gone in __ hopefully ill be able to maintain the info>>!

but i suppose uve just gotta find a method that works for u!!

gud luck with the rest of ur rev. mate! - I'm sure ull do fine!:rolleyes:
Hey guys, I heard that the 33 mark could also be on research methods and not sociological theory only - is this true. I'm getting really worried.
Reply 410
Original post by onlyyouknowbest

i've looked at all the past questions and for the 33m marxist, action theories, science (interpretivists), modernity & postmodernity and social policy have never come up and none of the other topics have ever been repeated..

for the crime and deviance:
functionalist, strain, right/left realist, green/state crime, suicide has never come up and only globalisation have come up twice in the past
Reply 411
Hey everyone!

I want to know if anyone has all the questions that came up for UNIT 3 RELIGION JANUARY 2012 and the UNIT 4 CRIME AND DEVIANCE JANUARY.

Thanks in advance!
For religion it was:

9 mark - ethnic differences in religion....
18 mark - new religious and spiritual movements....
33 mark - the usefulness of functionalism today

For crime and deviance it was:

21 mark - Labelling
21 mark - Globalisation, state crime and green crime
15 mark - overt observation in court proceedings
33 mark - The usefulness of Functionalist and new right theories
Reply 413
Does anyone here do Stratification?
Reply 414
HAS ANYONE GOT ANY PREDICTIONS FOR BELIEFS IN SOCIETY AND STRATIFICATION. Please please post.
Reply 415
Original post by dione
Does anyone here do Stratification?

I do, seems like not many people do it!
Reply 416
Original post by Alex3r3
I do, seems like not many people do it!

I really wish I was doing crime and deviance. Strat is so long and boring. What do you think will come up?
Reply 417
Original post by dione
I really wish I was doing crime and deviance. Strat is so long and boring. What do you think will come up?

Same here, wish i self taught myself it.. my teacher is useless anyway.

Erm, I think social mobility/ ethnicity and inequalities has got a good chance of coming up.

How about you?
Reply 418
Original post by Alex3r3
Same here, wish i self taught myself it.. my teacher is useless anyway.

Erm, I think social mobility/ ethnicity and inequalities has got a good chance of coming up.

How about you?

SAME my teacher is so bad. Just gives us sheets. I was thinking feminism for the 33 marker. Social mobility came up before? What makes you think that? This syllabus is far far too long
Reply 419
Original post by dione
SAME my teacher is so bad. Just gives us sheets. I was thinking feminism for the 33 marker. Social mobility came up before? What makes you think that? This syllabus is far far too long

I think it's really hard to predict this unit :/ I know feminism has come up in relation to strat but could well come up as the 33 theory essay. I think modernity V postmodernity could also come up.

I'm just going to have to revise it all :/ and by 'revise' I mean literally self-teach myself it..

Quick Reply

Latest