The Student Room Group

What comes up in a CRB check?

I just got offered a part time job.

They said I will start once they recieve my 2 references from my referees and my CRB check comes back clean.

In my life I have done the following:

- had a car accident and went to court as a result where I was charged with "driving without due care and attention" and got 3 points for it

- i was drinking alcohol straight from the vodka bottle on the train with my friends and the police saw us, and asked for all our names and addresses (all my friends recieved a letter but i did not :s-smilie:)

My question is this, will these x2 come up on the CRB check? Because i think i may get turned down if they find out i comitted a crime by drinking on public transport

I am also worried that perhaps they just sent my friends letters of warning, but i didnt recieve a letter therefore i probably am convicted and it shows on my record.

Anyone have any ideas please let me know. Thanks
Reply 1
I doubt a driving offence will show, I got sent on a course a year or so ago because I was caught drifting cops gave me a "due care" instead of a dangerous driving but that does not show on my enhanced CRB (I work with children so have to have every check going). As for the drinking one did the cops give you a caution, if so it may come up.

What job have you applied for?
hey guys, need some help please!!! i've gotten a job as a teaching assitant with an agency and have sent off the crb forms but am still waiting. i havn't had one done b4 but can't wait much longer jus want to start the job and start earning but hav no idea how long it will take?

i read on the crb website that enhanced checks take up to 40 days!!! jus wanted to know yr experiences with the crb and how long u waited. i've been tracking my application online and it states its with local police but its been with them ages i know for sure it shud com bac clear so whys it taking so long???
your advice wud be greatly appeciated, do u have any suggestions on how i can hurry up the process is it worth me contacting local police stations directly??? xxx
Reply 3
jasmine.heart
hey guys, need some help please!!! i've gotten a job as a teaching assitant with an agency and have sent off the crb forms but am still waiting. i havn't had one done b4 but can't wait much longer jus want to start the job and start earning but hav no idea how long it will take?

I just got my basic CRB disclosure and it took about two weeks. I'd expect the full one to take a bit longer.

I wouldn't worry about it taking a while, your local police probably just regard it as a low priority and make take a little while to get around to it.

Latest

Trending

Trending