The Student Room Group

March 2012 intake for nursing - good or bad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm confused as to what to do in regards to accommodation :s-smilie:
March intake comes under 'non standard residential periods' right? It doesn't give much choice at all in where we can pick, and how do you know what the prices are per year/term?
What accommodation choices are people making?
Reply 21
bump :smile:
I'm not sure about accommodation, i was wondering this too as i got offered march 2012 for LJMU and I'm gutted. Not heard back from my other interview yet, and one uni hasn't got back to me at all (I applied Late December aswell!) I never, ever expected this, especially as I applied within the deadline.
Reply 23
^^ Most, if not all people applied within the deadline....otherwise you probably won't have got a place at all. I applied way back in october, was interview in Jan, and still got an offer for March '12 so it's just one of those things. You should be grateful you got a place at all as nursing is really competitive :smile:
It took me a while to get excited for march intake, so I can appreciate why you're gutted; I was at first, but it's only 5 months apart, gives you more time to save and get your head around studying.

I'm just stuck on accommodation lol!
Reply 24
bumping again...where have all the march starters gone?
Reply 25
Also op..when you qualify its a lot easier to to get a job around march.
I am very lucky, it's silly for me to be gutted, just had my hopes up for September. I'm coming around though, still excited I have a place! I'll just look for a job and save some money, I won't be as poor in March!
i applied at northumbria for adult nursing september 11 and ive been accepted for march 12 :/ doesnt really affect me much though thankfully :smile: x
I have also got an offer for March "12!!
I don't mind starting in the second intake, there was sooo many people interviewed I didn't even expect a place at all, we should all be grateful hehehe :biggrin: !!
What to do untill then though? Hmmmmmmmm xxxx
Original post by Blondiexo92
I have also got an offer for March "12!!
I don't mind starting in the second intake, there was sooo many people interviewed I didn't even expect a place at all, we should all be grateful hehehe :biggrin: !!
What to do untill then though? Hmmmmmmmm xxxx

work in a call centre, theres endless jobs :smile:. thats my plan, i have an interview in may. are you doing adult nursing? x
Hi all :smile:

I got March 2012 for children's nursing at Cardiff too and was a bit disappointed to get March to start with but after reading that there's a load of us in the same boat it doesn't seem so bad I guess! Is the reason we got March actually because there isnt enough placements for September or because we were on the bottom of the list in terms of our scores and stuff?
I'm not sure I wonder though Hmm.. I think when I got interviewed for Northumbria they said there wasn't many spaces left on the September one so maybe it's just the timing of your interview? :smile:
Reply 32
i applied for sept 2011 and got march 2012 too, im from leeds so no idea what to do about accomodation because we are there like all year round, through out summer and stuff x
Reply 33
Ive been accepted by Liverpool john moores for march 2012, was really hoping for september 2011 but im so happy to be accepted :smile: but im the same, dont know how this is going to work for accomodation...?
Original post by Northumbrianursing

Original post by Northumbrianursing
i applied at northumbria for adult nursing september 11 and ive been accepted for march 12 :/ doesnt really affect me much though thankfully :smile: x

Hi, I'm starting Northumbria in March 12. Any idea when we need to apply for a bursary?
Original post by NursingDip 032012

Original post by NursingDip 032012
Hi, I'm starting Northumbria in March 12. Any idea when we need to apply for a bursary?

Ah, just got a reply from Northumbria Uni - they send your contact details to the bursary department about three months before you are due to start the programme.

They then write out to you directly, providing you with a unique reference number that allows you to apply for the bursary. x
Heya people, I got a phone call today offering me a place on the March intake for mental health. I cant find any info on how the Halls of residence works for March??? I have to let the uni know tomorrow if i want the place but i have very limited funds and i dont know if i can afford it without the halls

Thanks for you help
Reply 37
Hey!:smile: im from ireland so new to this ucas stuff and i havent applied for a nursing diploma but want to start one in 2011 or early 2012...can you guys help me out should i apply and if so where cause i cant find much colleges offering diplomas anymore:frown: and how do i go about it do ye know any colleges near manchester i could apply to!??!
I was a spring intake and it's not affected me- only issues i've found is explaining it to people!
Reply 39
Original post by moylan10
Hey!:smile: im from ireland so new to this ucas stuff and i havent applied for a nursing diploma but want to start one in 2011 or early 2012...can you guys help me out should i apply and if so where cause i cant find much colleges offering diplomas anymore:frown: and how do i go about it do ye know any colleges near manchester i could apply to!??!

Hey, you're too late to apply for courses for this year, or next spring now. The next intake you can apply for is Sept '12 and the applications tend to open at the end of Aug/beginning of September I think. I think most universities are full for Feb/March '12 intakes.

You will need to apply through UCAS website, via a form online. It's long process though so the sooner you apply the better. Most universities are scrapping the diploma & making it degree only. Wales have already done this, and England are doing it next year, early '13 i do believe, but don't quote me on it. On the UCAS website you can search for what unis do the course you are wanting to apply for. If you have any questions then email/call the university directly. Hope this has helped.

Quick Reply

Latest