The Student Room Group

Maintenance grant display.

Hi guys

I recently sent off my Student Finance application along with all the required evidence, and now that's all processing itself.

My brief question is the fact that the summary screen displays that I'll get around £2800 in Maintenance loan cash and £9000 for tuition fees. This did not display my Maintenance grant what so ever. Is this normal, or have I made a big error in my application?

Using the calculator, I'm clearly eligible for the grant (Tiny parental income, etc), just checking to see if I've made a mistake or if it's normal for that to occur.

I calculated the decrease that would occur thanks to a full grant, and it seems to come to the figure of loan I will recieve anyway.
Reply 1
If you're worried, you should call SF. You seem to have done all the checks we would be able to look into (calculating what portion of loan V household income etc) we could do on the forum, so to put your mind at ease you could call them to find out :smile:
Reply 2
As per the Q&A thread, I've since done this and have sent the requested form off in the post.

Everything should be all good now, Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest