The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Silva is being destoryed on my save. Keeps racking up injury after injury, so now he's been out of the game for ages. Think he's lost 1-2 points per attribute :frown:

Might sell him in the summer since I've got other players to play AMC who seem to be performing better and then bring a new right winger to compensate for bringing Hazard into the AMC role for Silva.

He's on massive wages too but then he's on a long contract so maybe no one will want to buy him..
Original post by Llamageddon
Sometimes I love playing really crap teams.

I won 22-0 before.

What's the highest score someone has won in football manager?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6482
Original post by jam277
I won 22-0 before.

What's the highest score someone has won in football manager?

:eek: who were you/you playing? My record is 10-0 (Eng vs. Luxembourg) and for "level" teams is 7-0 (vs. Wigan) and 9-3 (vs. Hull) :smile:
Original post by J@tko
:eek: who were you/you playing? My record is 10-0 (Eng vs. Luxembourg) and for "level" teams is 7-0 (vs. Wigan) and 9-3 (vs. Hull) :smile:

I was playing a spanish minnow team in the 3rd division in a friendly tbf, I was real sociedad.

For level teams, I've won a couple of 8-0's against almeria and alaves(both in liga bbva at the time). I remember losing to barcelona 9-1 though. But I've also 5-0'd barca and beat barca 5-1 as well.
Reply 6484
I'll have had 20+ sometime in the dark old days of Championship Manager (CM4 or whatever), but can't think of anything higher than mid-teens since the jump to Football Manager, especially more recent versions with half-time team talks having such a drastic impact and all that - all too often, the team will score for fun in the first half then lose all interest in the second. My game with England vs San Marino that I won 10-0, I finished the first half 8-0 up, scored in the 47th minute and then scored in the 85th minute or something, with hardly any action at all in between :unimpressed:
13-0. My England side against San Marino at Wembley :moon:

Considering setting up a friendly with the lowest ranked team... :colone:
Reply 6486
Won 8-0 as Celtic vs Dunfirmline yesteday, ah Sanogo you beast :^_^:
I'm now 11-0 up against alfinden and it's half time. I'll see if I can break my record.

I only won 14-0. :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6488
16-0 in FM10 in a preseason friendly, I was liverpool playing against some unknown portugese team
I lost 3-0 to AFC telford as Everton is a preseason friendly. That was a particularly strong result... :frown:
I really want to do a lower league save but I don't have the patience.
Casually just won the Olympics.......

Beat Spain on pens after a 2-2 draw (1-1 at 90 mins), played Overload, Exploit Flanks, Get Ball Forward for the first 85 minutes, I've never been so stressed as when Fabregas came charging towards my defence on the counter :colondollar:

Beat Brazil in the Final 1-0 with a Wilshere (my latest £7mill signing) scored a 30 ish yard screamer into the bottom left hand corner! :biggrin: :biggrin:

The very next day was the Community Shield final beat United 1-0 Gerrard scored a deflected goal! :biggrin:

I have a problem now of way too many CM, Aquilani won't leave :mad: and Keita is going but I still have 6!!

I also have 6 Centre Backs, 2 starters (Coates and Agger) but Kelly, Wilson, Carragher and my new beasty regen all are vying for a bench space!!

Oh well I guess it's better to be in my position with far too many players of high quality than have no quality! :wink:

Signed Can from Bayern, the boy is going to be special!! :biggrin:

Does anybody know whether Flanagan develops well? As he has decent stats for his age but my coaches don't think he's worth keeping :redface:
After 21 games unbeaten I lost 3-1 to Arsenal at home. Still, I have a second leg game against Swansea in the Carling Cup (I won the first leg 1-0) to look forward to.

Manged to sign Ryan Bertrand for 5 million (was given 8 million to spend) and a young left back from Man City's U18s.

I also signed a 3 year contract with Norwich because I asked for one thinking I was on a yearly contract.
What an amazing regen!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pretty incredible everything!!!

49 goals in a season LOL :rofl:

Did you buy him young or did you have to splash some serious cash on him?
Playing Atletico, Barca, Real Madrid, Man City and Bilbao in the space of 15 days ffs

Beat Atletico and Barca 3-0 and 2-0 but why the hell do I have such a **** record at the Bernabeu :facepalm2:
Original post by Angry cucumber
What an amazing regen!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pretty incredible everything!!!

49 goals in a season LOL :rofl:

Did you buy him young or did you have to splash some serious cash on him?

I bought him at age twenty for 11.5 million. It was expensive for a young kid who had failed to impress thus far in his career - but I had the money and I felt like taking a chance. Plus, the scout recommendations were glowing. I wonder if he can beat his own records next season. He's pushing thirty now...:holmes:
Original post by KingMessi
I bought him at age twenty for 11.5 million. It was expensive for a young kid who had failed to impress thus far in his career - but I had the money and I felt like taking a chance. Plus, the scout recommendations were glowing. I wonder if he can beat his own records next season. He's pushing thirty now...:holmes:

Bargain! :yes:
Original post by KingMessi

Is he injury prone? / why did he fail to impress?

What role do you play him in?

He'll be quality until a ripe age if he stays fit!! :biggrin:
Are their any ways to fix players?

Aguero had a long term injury and it says "worrying signs of a total collapse as a footballer over the last 6 months"

All his stats have dropped significantly. Used to be a 4 star player (and my best) but now he's 3 star (though I know star rating doesn't matter that much, more that his stats have dropped loads).

Latest