The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by effofex
For land..
For money...
For citizenship...
For residency...
For promotion...

Those are reasons to get over a person's personality, but surely you could not marry someone who you don't want to have sex with ? That would benefit no one.
Original post by Moiraclaire
what the hell is wrong with the TSR world. It's not exactly a punishment, I don't see how it could ever be if it is with the person you supposedly love.

Just because you love someone doesn't mean you want to have sex with them all the time. :s-smilie: What is wrong with you? Are you honestly saying that if you wanted to have sex with your partner and they said no that simply because you are married you feel entitled to have sex with them anyway?
Hmmm.. I wonder if his religion/nationality would be mentioned if he was Asian. Initially, I thought "It's another Asian story"
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by badcheesecrispy
Of course this is from the DM but it doesnt change the overall story-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138229/Bride-raped-husband-wedding-night-court-told.html

'A husband raped his new wife on their wedding night after she told him she didn't want to have sex, a court heard.

The woman, who is in her 20s, told Exeter Crown Court she was so drunk after she returned home from the wedding reception that she told her husband she did not want to have sex.

However, her husband ignored her pleas and forced her into it against her will.

He is also charged with raping her another four times during their two-year marriage.

Richard Crabb, prosecuting says the husband's attitude to his wife changed after the wedding and he developed a sense of entitlement, telling her 'You're my wife, it's allowed' when she complained about his attacks.

The husband is also accused of raping her when she was heavily pregnant, while she was still in stitches after the baby's Caesarean birth, and on two later occasions.

She said: 'I was scared of him. I knew what a temper he has got. I was afraid he would take my babies. They are my life.

'I was petrified. I know it sounds messed up but it is how it was.

'I had loved him to bits but I did not want to live like that any more.

'On our wedding night I remember saying no and saying just because I am married to him I still had the right to say no.

'I remember saying it and then passing out for a bit and then finding him on top of me having sex with me. I did not want sex at that stage. That was why I had said no.'

This is horrifically abusive and perverted, why are so many men intent on giving us all a bad name? Its very strange how some men dont know what 'no' means and also think they are entitled to sex whenever they want. No doubt there will be blokes on this one defending the guy in some way- 'Oh, well she was drunk and he is her husband, why should she expect him not to **** her whilst shes passed out?' and the usual garbage that is just seeking to outrage.

Oh for christ sake woman, you can't take one case and generalise men. Its like me saying all women are gold diggers. I wouldn't rape my wife and I highly doubt most men would defend it. It's funny how a lot of girls are happy to take a lot like money, presents etc and not give anything back toa relationship.
The ironic thing is, he would've gotten more sex overall if he didn't rape her..

What a sick freak
Original post by JimmiesArentRustle
This is completely and utterly her fault. Why did she marry this guy if she doesn't want sex with him. Women are so idiotic, they want equal rights except when they get benefits.

Read the article. It doesn't say she never wanted to have sex with him, only on certain occasions, such as after a frigging caesarian. How would you like it if someone tried to force sex on you after major surgery? Besides, if you knew anything about sex you'd know that trying to shove anything up a vagina that doesn't want it can be excruciatingly painful and no decent person would ever force that on a woman.
Original post by newts2k
Oh for christ sake woman, you can't take one case and generalise men. Its like me saying all women are gold diggers. I wouldn't rape my wife and I highly doubt most men would defend it. It's funny how a lot of girls are happy to take a lot like money, presents etc and not give anything back toa relationship.

The OP is a guy... :facepalm:
Original post by Perseveranze
Being drunk fair enough, but she kept denying him again and again for no reason, then I wouldn't be surprised if he had just cheated on her.

It's still bloody rape. It doesn't matter if she's drunk and she denied him sex, so it was obviously sex without consent ie: rape
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
Just because you love someone doesn't mean you want to have sex with them all the time. :s-smilie: What is wrong with you? Are you honestly saying that if you wanted to have sex with your partner and they said no that simply because you are married you feel entitled to have sex with them anyway?

You think why so they not and cry that you're not loved/fatter/uglier etc. It just seems unnatural to not want to ?
not entitlement, manners and affection.
Reply 49
Those are reasons to get over a person's personality, but surely you could not marry someone who you don't want to have sex with ? That would benefit no one.

Of course you can.

There is no law that says you must have sex with the person or persons to whom you are married.
You think why so they not and cry that you're not loved/fatter/uglier etc. It just seems unnatural to not want to ?

Uh...this doesn't make any grammatical sense....:s-smilie:
This is completely and utterly her fault. Why did she marry this guy if she doesn't want sex with him. Women are so idiotic, they want equal rights except when they get benefits.

Being in a relationship with someone or being married to them doesn't mean you want to have sex with them all the time.You are entitled to say no to sex if you're not feeling well, if you're drunk, if you're too tired, if you're heavily pregnant and certainly if you're recovering from a caesarian; whether you're married to the person asking or not. Applies both ways, obviously without the pregnancy/caesarian applying to men, because they don't have them.
She didn't say she didn't ever want to have sex with him. She said she didn't want to have sex with him at that moment, and he didn't take no for an answer. This is in no way her fault, and has nothing to do with equal rights.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Darth Vader 7
It's quite sickening that such medieval actions still occur in the 21st Century. It's ridiculous.

Why?

Just because it's the 21st century it doesn't mean there aren't going to be brutes around.

What about when you're washing the dishes, or about to leave for work, or when you've got gastric flu, or have stitches from the tears you got during labour? Men and women alike can get horny at any given time so it's just plain stupid to suggest that either partner has to service them every single time.

How is this her fault? Just because you are married does not mean that you must have sex. Or that you must want to have sex whenever your partner does. The article doesn't say they never had sex, so why would you assume so? But if your husband/wife says no and you force sex on them it is still rape.
Reply 55

And I suppose forcibly shoving a cock in some whilst they are recovering from major surgery, and have declined the invitation for this reason, is 'good manners' and affectionate behaviour.
Why do I assume all the people saying it's her fault have never had sex?

Around 8% of university aged men will admit to committing acts against a woman meeting the legal definition of rape in an anonymous survey if the word "rape" is not explicitly used.

Nearly 2 in 20 of the guys you see walking around a campus will have raped someone. You probably know some of them, at the very least you will have been in group conversations with them present. A number of them read your post and are reading my post now.

You just blamed a rape victim for being raped. A woman did not want to have sex and a man forced himself on her and raped her, repeatedly. You said it was her fault. The expectation of sex is not an excuse, a feeling of entitlement to sex is not an excuse. She was raped. Several times. And you blame her for it, not the man who raped her.

In coming to the defense of a convicted rapist and by blaming the victim of a rape for being raped, you are normalising rape. You are making it seem acceptable. Those men I talked about, the rapists that will never see their day in court, are reading what you are writing and having their abhorrent attitudes about women confirmed. Men who have raped women are reading your words blaming a rape victim for being raped and nodding, "yes, it was her fault", and feeling like they did nothing wrong.

Stop being a massive tool.

edit: FYI to all the potential rapists in the thread, if you ever find yourself in a relationship where your partner doesn't want to have sex with you: please don't rape them. If they don't want to have sex with you regularly enough that you are dissatisfied with the relationship: discuss it with them, please don't rape them. If you cannot sort your problem out together and you find the lack of sex is ruining the relationship for you: break up with them, please don't rape them. Above all: please do not rape people.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
No matter how tired or drunk I was, if my partner wanted to have sex, I would do it.

So you've just had major surgery, are probably in a lot of pain, maybe groggy on pain killers, possibly feel sick due to the pain; the movement of the sex will probably make the pain worse, could even split your stitches and result in you having to go back to hospital to have them fixed, and cause more pain and slow your recovery - but you'd have sex if she wanted to?
Reply 59
Anyone is entitled to refuse to have sex for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

The marital status of the person does not matter either. There is no law that states that marital partners are obliged or required to have sex with each other.

For example, supposing I married someone tomorrow and categorically refused to have sex with them - I would have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Latest