The Student Room Group

when you know you just failed that exam..

i just finished my first 2 AS level exams and, i dont think i did so well.
i worked my butt off, and it was horrible and and i screwed it. completely.

i have 6 more very important exams coming up, but i lost my motivation.
and i just wanna curl up in a blanket and cry.

how do you guys pick yourselves up when this happens? if it ever did.

:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just man up & get on with it.Youve still got a chance to do well in your others.I'd 'work my butt off' twice as hard!
Reply 2
Original post by Babyblue

aww please dont worry have confidence and stay positive even i come out the exam thinking **** what have i done and sometimes the results can be unexpected it turns out sometimes that you actually did good ..it may have gone well than you think it did..dont worry and just focus on the rest of your exams..just think how you can do really well in them and try not to think about the rest of the exams or what you should/shouldnt have put down..just let it go..dont worry be happy!!! x
Just forget that you sat them or you will worry yourself sick! Strangely though when I think i've done worse i've actually done better so just stay positive!

Your first AS exams? It will be very difficult to judge how well you've done from your first exams at that level. How did you do on past papers?

I thought I had failed an exam at A level, turned out I got an A*. Chill out dude
Reply 5
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
Your first AS exams? It will be very difficult to judge how well you've done from your first exams at that level. How did you do on past papers?

I thought I had failed an exam at A level, turned out I got an A*. Chill out dude

first this summer. ive done. basically. allllllllllllllll the pastpapers from 2005 to 2012 and got A+ in them. but this one, it was completely unexpected and i freaked out and flunked it.

and day after tomo, i have my worst subject. :|
Absolutely nothing you can do about the exam you just sat, forget about it all together until results day. In your next exam, don't hang about discussing your answers, it makes you feel worse, just go in, head down (or up ha) ready to take the ****er down, you'll be great!
Reply 7
When you think you've done badly and your past papers say you've done badly normally it turns out that YOU'VE DONE BADLY!!.
However if you have done well in the past papers then there might be hope for you yet
first this summer. ive done. basically. allllllllllllllll the pastpapers from 2005 to 2012 and got A+ in them. but this one, it was completely unexpected and i freaked out and flunked it.

and day after tomo, i have my worst subject. :|

If you've got As in the rest of them you will have an A in this one. In an exam situation you will feel you've done worse because of the pressure, but you will have done just as well.
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths

not that bad at maths then :sexface:
Come on TSR straight after the exam, everyone says they've messed because their panicking which makes you feel better. Then leave the thread before they start comparing answers lol.

On a serious note, just prepare well for your next exam. Everyone does better than they expect too because they always think about the answers that could be wrong without thinking how many they might have got correct.
Original post by Student296
Come on TSR straight after the exam, everyone says they've messed because their panicking which makes you feel better. Then leave the thread before they start comparing answers lol.

This guy knows what he's talking about, this is pure truth! Word.
Know that whatever you're aiming toward in the future has a million different paths to get to it.

In most cases people panic over nothing. You'll be fine. HAPPY THOUGHTS! :ahee:
Your options are either 1)do badly in the rest of your exams 2)pick yourself up, slap yourself in the face, get on with revision and do the best you can in the rest of your exams. Hopefully, and if you have done badly - which you probably haven't to the extent you think, you can make it up with your other papers and subjects.

So, stop mopping. Go for a run or something, chill out for a bit and then get back to the grindstone.
Reply 14

this reminds me of my first AS exam, it was a government and politics one and i felt totally unready and scared out of my mind. Went in there, came out and was unsure of how well i did. I stupidly (yet obligatory) spoke to my other classmates about what they wrote etc and was left feeling like i was off on the wrong foot and wrote all the wrong things etc. Fast forward to march, i got 90/90.
Don't worry about it too much, it's done and you never know how well you may have done. If you haven't done as well as you had hoped, re-takes are available and trust me, there is more courage to doing re-takes than a lot of things, and it can actually be the best thing you could do.
Chin up :wink:
Reply 15
It's worse when you think did well, when it turns out you did really bad on results day.
I'm sure other people felt the same and if it was nothing like past papers then maybe grade boundaries will be lower? there's nothing you can do so just work extra hard for the next exam. Good luck!
Original post by Student296
Everyone does better than they expect too because they always think about the answers that could be wrong without thinking how many they might have got correct.

This ^
lol for my C3 exam I couldn't stop thinking about this question I knew I'd done wrong and I got myself really panicked about it but it turned out loads better than expected

I know this is easier said than done but I came out of my physics exam in near tears thinking I'd failed whereas my friend came out very happy with it, not to sound cocky but both of us are quite clever and I got 2 marks off an A* and she got a C so you really don't know until the results come out. I tried to convince myself by saying I could always resit and that I did alright in the other subjects so in perspective it wasn't that bad :smile:

GOOD LUCK!! YOU'LL BE FINE!!! EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!

what exam is this? its so early and i thought biology AS was first :/
Everyone always think theyve done bad, in a sense its better you feeel like that because maybe when you get your grade it would be much higher! Dont worry if you worked for it you would always get the grade =D

Quick Reply