Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by ninegrandstudent
I remember reading on here about people in the maths department being let in with low grades...couldn't point you to exactly where I read it though! :colondollar:

I not saying you're wrong, but this is what I know as fact. As someone who applied to do maths starting this autumn, the grades asked for are quite high. I also know of someone that didn't get in last year because they didn't get an A in maths.

I'd say it's impossible to second guess how a university will treat you if you don't get the grades asked for. All you can expect is that if many people don't get the grades asked for the university will be lenient.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Bruin_
I do recall someone saying something about a mock UN during PollIR open day :P
And no, never heard of those institutions lol I'm assuming some sort of supranational IGO that drains the economy and sovereignty of the nation state! :P

Kind of. LOL
Can't wait for uni! Just hope they are slightly lenient if I am admitted to the exams :smile:

However, there is a FB group for Uni of kent applicants.. Join us! :biggrin:
Original post by grazie
I not saying you're wrong, but this is what I know as fact. As someone who applied to do maths starting this autumn, the grades asked for are quite high. I also know of someone that didn't get in last year because they didn't get an A in maths.

I'd say it's impossible to second guess how a university will treat you if you don't get the grades asked for. All you can expect is that if many people don't get the grades asked for the university will be lenient.

I think the case I heard of was they got the A in maths, but missed one of their others by a grade. To be honest (as someone going into their mathematics department) then I can see why they wouldn't be lenient with someone who didn't get an A in that subject, but might be more lenient if they missed out on one of their others.

What are the grades you've been asked for, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 1383
Original post by ninegrandstudent
What are the grades you've been asked for, if you don't mind me asking?

I was asked for AB in Maths and F.Maths plus B for AS English. However, I've firmed Lancaster who required less and I think to be a better option for maths.
Original post by LauraMial
Kind of. LOL
Can't wait for uni! Just hope they are slightly lenient if I am admitted to the exams :smile:

However, there is a FB group for Uni of kent applicants.. Join us! :biggrin:

Where is this?
Original post by Ashmanyeah
Where is this?

If you go on Facebook, there is a closed group called "The University of Kent - 2012 applicants" :smile: there's the link on the first post of this thread :biggrin:
Original post by LauraMial
If you go on Facebook, there is a closed group called "The University of Kent - 2012 applicants" :smile: there's the link on the first post of this thread :biggrin:

Thanks for that!
Original post by Ashmanyeah
Thanks for that!

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 1388
Original post by AYO
yaaay! pure law or law and something else? i swear i thought i was the only one! is kent your first choice??

Pure Law! (LLB) Are you pure law as well? Yes, it is! :-)
Reply 1389
Original post by hope 26
Pure Law! (LLB) Are you pure law as well? Yes, it is! :-)

yes! *fistpumps* im doing pure law aswell! presumably you're doing your A2 exams now?
Reply 1390
Original post by Bruin_
What do you make of Darwin college accommodation? By the raving reviews I have read it does not hold a candle up to Parkwood, maybe I have made a mistake in putting down Darwin as my first choice... :/

Darwin isn't bad I suppose, still the best place to live on campus is Tyler Court. Block A has the smallest rooms but the best communal atmosphere (everyone knows everyone). B and C are spacious but expensive.

If you want my advice, don't live in Park Wood it's a scary housing estate where all the houses look the same and you have to walk to campus every morning (which takes a good 10-15 minutes).
Original post by apatch3
Darwin isn't bad I suppose, still the best place to live on campus is Tyler Court. Block A has the smallest rooms but the best communal atmosphere (everyone knows everyone). B and C are spacious but expensive.

If you want my advice, don't live in Park Wood it's a scary housing estate where all the houses look the same and you have to walk to campus every morning (which takes a good 10-15 minutes).

Don't live in parkwood because it is a scary housing estate? It's only other students that live in them lol.
i wish we could get more people on this thread but obviously quite a few still haven't discovered tsr! i put down tyler b and c as first and keynes second but I'm starting to regret this...
because a) keynes has sofas B) bigger rooms perhaps? c) a lot of people d) cheaper
still is there a current kent student that lives in tyler b and c and could give me some positive points about it!!
thank yaaaa :smile:
Reply 1393
Any Economists here?
Original post by daniellaUS
i wish we could get more people on this thread but obviously quite a few still haven't discovered tsr! i put down tyler b and c as first and keynes second but I'm starting to regret this...
because a) keynes has sofas B) bigger rooms perhaps? c) a lot of people d) cheaper
still is there a current kent student that lives in tyler b and c and could give me some positive points about it!!
thank yaaaa :smile:

I live in Tyler C :smile:

Good points:
En suite
Big rooms
Huge kitchens
Good location for walking into town

Are you sure Keynes is cheaper? It was the same last year. That's strange if so, seeing as Keynes is new. (Assuming you're talking about the new Keynes extension)

Also you might not even get your first choice anyway. I applied on the first day and got my second choice and one of my flatmates got her third choice despite applying on the first day.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jaydemikaela
I live in Tyler C :smile:

Good points:
En suite
Big rooms
Huge kitchens
Good location for walking into town

Are you sure Keynes is cheaper? It was the same last year. That's strange if so, seeing as Keynes is new. (Assuming you're talking about the new Keynes extension)

Also you might not even get your first choice anyway. I applied on the first day and got my second choice and one of my flatmates got her third choice despite applying on the first day.

Hmm I thought it was but I must check again, you're probably right!
Thank you that does sound good, hope the people are lively and nice too. Appreciate the comment back :smile:
Original post by cat_cat
I dont know what to pick either between kent and birmingham but the grades they are asking for is the same ABB

What did you choose in the end? 😊
Reply 1397
Hi guys, my name's Dan.

I currently First year Law as well as part of the Committee for Kent Student Law Society. If you have any questions about Kent, Law, accommodation or whatever just private message me.

Alternatively we have a page on Facebook for anyone who has been offered/definitely coming for September.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/252667944789412/

Good Luck in your exams and hopefully we'll be seeing you in freshers in September
Reply 1398
Original post by krystlezara
What did you choose in the end? 😊

I put kent as my insurance, what about you?
Reply 1399
Hi there,
Myself and 2 friends are looking for a 4th person to join us at a house in Gillingham, Medway. Very close to the Universities at Medway (Kent, Greenwich, Christ Church) campus.

It's a very nice house, situated on a hill overlooking the river Medway and Hoo Peninsula. It has 4 rooms (obviously :biggrin:), 1 bathroom, conservatory, spacious living room, large back garden w/ pond ...

Rent is £380 a month - all bills included, and an initial non-refundable registration fee of £125 is required - NO DEPOSIT.
We would 'prefer' a house mate who's; outgoing, friendly, and a student at either Kent, Greenwich or Christ Church.

If you're interested contact myself or my other house mates via:
Twitter: @KoningAshley | @Helzz__ | @RiannaO
BBM: 2392ADCA
Or TSR & [email protected]

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest