The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 2 24 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for c2?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Yeah for the tick question I put hydrogen is less reactive.
Reply 62
Original post by grangran1234
Yeah for the tick question I put hydrogen is less reactive.

same :smile:
Reply 63
guys please, you have to admit that this was the easiest exam out of all of the past papers. in january 2010 the boundary was 38 for an A*. this was easier so i have a bad feeling.....maybe 39/40 for an A*.
Reply 64
Original post by tssf_skye
I can't remember the questions exactly, but what did everyone write for the stuff on ammonia?

There was one about the yield and pressure.. i can't really remember haha

The one about pressure was why dont the manufactorers increase the pressure to above (really high number)?
Reply 65
Original post by osama2
guys please, you have to admit that this was the easiest exam out of all of the past papers. in january 2010 the boundary was 38 for an A*. this was easier so i have a bad feeling.....maybe 39/40 for an A*.

I completely dissagree! I found the jan mock very very easy and got and A and this very hard and Im thinking ill get a C from it
Reply 66
what did u put for the oxidation or something? i said losing electrons. reduction is gaining so i think i was right?
Reply 67
Original post by osama2
what did u put for the oxidation or something? i said losing electrons. reduction is gaining so i think i was right?

Yeah thats correct
Reply 68
what were the two reasons about that it doesnt matter if the yield is low?
Reply 69
Original post by Chlomc
The one about pressure was why dont the manufactorers increase the pressure to above (really high number)?

The one about yield and pressure was. Why does increasing the pressure increase the yield? the answer is because there is more molecules of gas on the reactant side. . .
Original post by osama2

Yeah I said that aswell :smile:
Reply 71
what did i write for what question?
Reply 72
unofficial markscheme anyone?
what did you guys get for ca= ca+2 equation
Reply 74
Original post by Aidanb90
The one about yield and pressure was. Why does increasing the pressure increase the yield? the answer is because there is more molecules of gas on the reactant side. . .

Yes thats correct, its becuase there are more mjoles of products than there are of reactants and the increase in pressure prefers that so it produces a higher yield of reaction
Reply 75
Original post by osama2
what were the two reasons about that it doesnt matter if the yield is low?

i put it that the costs are low as sources are readily available, and that the reaction was fairly quick.
not sure if its right though
Reply 76
Guys you have to admit this is a pretty hard paper compared to Last years so i think the grade boundary will decrease maybe like 33/45 for A*
Reply 77
Original post by Chlomc

was this because a lot of energy is required so it is expensive?
Reply 78
+2e-
Reply 79
i said that high pressures are dangerous and costs a lot to maintain

Quick Reply

Latest