The Student Room Group

GOGSoc the Third

You managed to get through a new thread in five months (!), so here's a new one, GOGSoc the Third.

Link to GOGSoc I

Link to GOGSoc II

We seem to have lost a few members from the original thread, so here's the updated memberlist adapted from the OP:

ChemistBoy
It's time for the Grumpy Old Graduate Society. Post here if you want to join and for GOG chat. (I edit to put in a list of the members when I get the chance).

Honourable Members (who are half these people?)

Spoiler

Associates (Those who are grumpy but not yet graduates)

Who are the associates? :dontknow:

Honourary Members

Chuck Norris (First Class Honours in Pain)

Let the whimsy and whinging commence...and you stay grumpy, San Diego. :mad:

Join link is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=477 for those wishing to beg PQ and ChemistBoy, our mighty overlords, for membership of this fine society.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First post, horah!

So yes, did you change my font pink? It's suddenly changed pink. Unless I'm going mad and all this font lark is making me go a bit cuckoo.
Gosh, I've been a GOG for a whole term now and I never joined GOGSOC. Consider me in :P
Reply 3
and as I was saying - I've seen comic sans in both UG and MA dissertations - looks awful.
Can I be an associate? :o:
rottcodd
First post, horah!

So yes, did you change my font pink? It's suddenly changed pink. Unless I'm going mad and all this font lark is making me go a bit cuckoo.

I've done no such thing. The excitement of Garamond is making you hallucinate.

roxy potter
Gosh, I've been a GOG for a whole term now and I never joined GOGSOC. Consider me in :P

Excellent :teeth: I really ought to put a join link in the OP. I shall do that.

apotoftea
and as I was saying - I've seen comic sans in both UG and MA dissertations - looks awful.

Have you ever seen www.bancomicsans.com ?
IlexAquifolium
You managed to get through a new thread five months (!), so here's a new one, GOGSoc the Third.

Link to GOGSoc I

Link to GOGSoc II

We seem to have lost a few members from the original thread, so here's the updated memberlist adapted from the OP:

Let the whimsy and whinging commence...and you stay grumpy, San Diego. :mad:

appologies not a member but saw this ... you mentioned randdom twice in your original post :o:
Reply 7
Jangrafess
Can I be an associate? :o:

Me too. Although I'm not as grumpy as I used to be :p:
River85
Me too. Although I'm not as grumpy as I used to be :p:

I'm not often grumpy, per se. So I suppose that counts me out too. I'm more moany, happy, or depressive. I could do a grumpy face though! >:3
Vienna Cannon
appologies not a member but saw this ... you mentioned randdom twice in your original post :o:

Sorted - I copied and pasted from two pages, I'm guessing she appeared on both for some frankly bizarre reason.
Reply 10
IlexAquifolium
I've done no such thing. The excitement of Garamond is making you hallucinate.

Sorry to resort to LOLcats, but...: http://www.catwack.com/pics/650.jpg

Chinny reckons - did you ever used to say that, whilst stroking your chin? Or was that specific to my primary school.
rottcodd
Sorry to resort to LOLcats, but...: http://www.catwack.com/pics/650.jpg

I reorganised my hard drive today (I should be doing work, you say? Only once all other possibilities are exhausted) and I had to make a new folder for LOLcats to have all to themselves. They were loitering on my harddrive in all sorts of inappropriate places.
IlexAquifolium
Sorted - I copied and pasted from two pages, I'm guessing she appeared on both for some frankly bizarre reason.

No, she's mentioned twice on the members list for some reason, assuming thats where you copied from :cool:
If we had a Horny Old Graduates Soc it would be HoGSoc.

On a related note, I was astonished to see that a Chemistry Post-Doc friend of mine (nothing to do with CB) had watched 14,000 YouTube videos and had 500+ favourites. She just dwarfs my mere 4,500. But then her 7+ years postgrad vs. my 1 and a bit at least mean I've nothing to be ashamed of relatively.
Reply 14
Jangrafess
I'm not often grumpy, per se. So I suppose that counts me out too. I'm more moany, happy, or depressive. I could do a grumpy face though! >:3

I want to see the grumpy face! :p: I used to be moany but now I'm just dark and brooding, then depressive, then incredibly joyous.

IlexAquifolium
I'm guessing she appeared on both for some frankly bizarre reason.

It's 'cos she's so cool, innit?
awww man ERs making me cry AGAIN :frown:
Ah, I'm glad you're happy River.
Reply 17
Da Bachtopus
was astonished to see that a Chemistry Post-Doc friend of mine (nothing to do with CB) had watched 14,000 YouTube videos and had 500+ favourites.

Whenever I set someone's youtube video as a favourite they go and remove it almost straight away. :hmmm: :beard:

So I have 0 favourites :p:
Jangrafess

defeats the objective of this thread ....get out....
Reply 19
Jangrafess

I'm not. I was, but I've now been reminded of dentists. I can feel one of my turns coming on....

"Oh my God! What a fabulous room! Are all these your guitars?
This place is bigger than our apartment!
Erm, Can I get a drink of water?
You want some, huh?
Oh wow, look at this tub? Do you wanna take baaaaaarf?
What are you watchin'?
Hello?
Are you feeling okay?..."

Latest