The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Revd. Mike
Also, where you mentioned about preventing infection, you gaves some don'ts, but no dos :p: . Sound advice is bathe it regularly in warm sea salt solution. If it does become infected, a chlorhexidine or benzalkonium aqueous antiseptic spray is appropriate, coupled with saline washes.

Oh you're mean, haha! :p:

I was trying to find an online guide that I felt was appropriate, because unfortunately most seem to recommend the use of hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, or antibiotic ointments. The former two are much too harsh for a new piercing and will dry the **** out of it. The latter traps dirt inside your wounds and will keep oxygen from reaching your new piercing.

EDIT: Added some extra instructions to the OP :smile:
You have way too much free time on your hands, did you type all that? don't you have exams and stuff around this time.
None the less great effort. Rep.
Casshern1456
You have way too much free time on your hands, did you type all that? don't you have exams and stuff around this time.
None the less great effort. Rep.

Way, way too much, for once in my life. :wink:

I'm an access year student, and just completed my course on Thursday, including exams - so now I have 8 days until my summer job starts. No rest (well, not much...) for the wicked!

EDIT: And no, it's not all typed. Some of it is from other websites and some from forums I belong to. I have time on my hands, but not THAT much!
Reply 4923
You have amazing eyes.

Oh, and nice thread.
I'm considering having my father's monogram:

Tattooed onto my shoulder for posterity. How would you rate the likely pain factor?
Shook
You have amazing eyes.

My girlfriend has green eyes; I envy her that much.
Profesh
I'm considering having my father's monogram:

Tattooed onto my shoulder for posterity. How would you rate the likely pain factor?

First of all, that is an amazing idea for a tattoo.

I presume you are talking about the shoulder blade? :smile:

According to inkedblog (one of my favourite tattoo sites) the most painful places on the body to get a tattoo according to reader polls are:

18% Genitalia
13% Ankles
10% Lower Back
9% Feet
7% Lower Legs
5% Chest
5% Ribs (Sides)
5% Upper Legs
5% Hands
5% Face
4% Forearms
3% Upper Arms
3% Wrists
3% Upper Back/Shoulders
3% Rear End
2% Stomach

So generally not too bad. Remember that pretty much all tattoos will cause pain of some levels, but that's part of the experience. The end result is what to bear in mind - it's worth the pain imo! :smile:
I've been debating whether to get my tragus pierced for years.

Still no closer to reaching a decision.
DizzyKitten
First of all, that is an amazing idea for a tattoo.

Thanks; he always professed himself 'the author of my being', so it strikes me as a fitting tribute.

I presume you are talking about the shoulder blade? :smile:

According to inkedblog (one of my favourite tattoo sites) the most painful places on the body to get a tattoo according to reader polls are:

18% Genitalia
13% Ankles
10% Lower Back
9% Feet
7% Lower Legs
5% Chest
5% Ribs (Sides)
5% Upper Legs
5% Hands
5% Face
4% Forearms
3% Upper Arms
3% Wrists
3% Upper Back/Shoulders
3% Rear End
2% Stomach

So generally not too bad. Remember that pretty much all tattoos will cause pain of some levels, but that's part of the experience. The end result is what to bear in mind - it's worth the pain imo! :smile:

Probably my upper-arm as it connects to the shoulder: I want somewhere visible but relatively impervious to the ravages of time.
feet are the most painful place apart from your vag/dick/rectum.
i'll have fisticuffs with anyone who says otherwise.
the reason people probs voted lower back as painful is that's a place where large tattoos get done and the larger the tattoo the longer your pain receptors have to take over from the adrenaline pumping through you.
i've had a 2 hour back tattoo and a 3 hour foot tattoo. the foot tattoo was definitely worse, if i consider it on the "until two hours" mark. also feet are a bitch to heal. never get one ont he side of your foot as no matter what shoe you wear, it'll rub and not heal well and you'll have a patchy bit.
Reply 4930
Lug

Spoiler

Arm

Spoiler

Subscribed
Perfect_Gent
Wow, that's one hell of a post for you second day on TSR!

Wow, thats one hell of a quote man! :wink:

Great post OP. I almost got a tattoo a few years ago, but my life changed direction and I'm glad I didnt do it. Right now I dont know if I'm passionate enough about anything to get a tattoo of it, and I wont get one just because I think it looks cool :p:

And also OP, you really do have amazing eyes!

Noémie
feet are the most painful place apart from your vag/dick/rectum.
i'll have fisticuffs with anyone who says otherwise.
the reason people probs voted lower back as painful is that's a place where large tattoos get done and the larger the tattoo the longer your pain receptors have to take over from the adrenaline pumping through you.
i've had a 2 hour back tattoo and a 3 hour foot tattoo. the foot tattoo was definitely worse, if i consider it on the "until two hours" mark. also feet are a bitch to heal. never get one ont he side of your foot as no matter what shoe you wear, it'll rub and not heal well and you'll have a patchy bit.

Pictars?
Profesh
My girlfriend has green eyes; I envy her that much.

Profesh, you have a child? :eek:
snowshine
Profesh, you have a child?

God, no. But I am an uncle.
Profesh
God, no. But I am an uncle.

Lovely baby you have there. :smile:
snowshine
Lovely baby you have there. :smile:

Oh, indeed.
Profesh
Oh, indeed.

You two have the same eys.
DizzyKitten
Eh, I've been a forum user for years, just not this one. :p: But thank you!

Hi, OP. :smile:

Spoiler

Nick Longjohnson
Pictars?

oh
urrrr
yeh. the pic of the one on my back is the day i got it - and as it's my back i can't take ap ic of it without bending a bit so it always gets distorted and that. i haven't actually taken a pic where it features since - this was over a year ago! i'd better get my back out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending