The Student Room Group

Epq Ucas???

When filling out the UCAS form and you're entering your EPQ what do you put in the 'subject' field?

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/774/33458725.jpg
i dont know. i gonna ask my teacher when we go back to college, but i know what you mean
Reply 2
I put the title of my EPQ.
Reply 3
I put the subject (as in chemistry/biology/English whatever), then a shortened version of the title of my project.

My project is related to geology, and its title is 'What would be the impacts of an eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano on the USA?', so on the UCAS form in the EPQ subject field I just put 'Geology: Impacts of Yellowstone eruption'. It has to be fairly short or it won't fit in the box...
wow, didnt realise you could put in the epq here!
but mine wont be marked by the time ucas is sent off :frown:
Reply 5
I thought the EPQ was part of the AQA Baccalaureate?
That's what I've put on mine. Unless I'm wrong?
Reply 6
LukethePianoMan

Just enter it and state the grade as "results pending"
LukethePianoMan

Put it in as pending. The result will be sent to the unis with all your other pending results.

You might need to check if it's included in any offers. I know someone who had an offer for her firm that just said 260 points at A2 but the EPQ is described as an A2 level qualification and is worth 1/2 the points of an A2 so we wondered if it would be included. She emailed the Admissions Officer for her course and they confirmed that they would include it. She did it for November submission and knew she'd got an A* which is 70 points so that was great because she knew she only needed 190 more points for that offer!
mellie220
I thought the EPQ was part of the AQA Baccalaureate?
That's what I've put on mine. Unless I'm wrong?

Yes it is, but you can also do it as a stand-alone qualification, when it's worth 1/2 an A2.
Sanjetti
Just enter it and state the grade as "results pending"

wow thats great, will do, cheers :biggrin:
annonnymoose
Yes it is, but you can also do it as a stand-alone qualification, when it's worth 1/2 an A2.

Oh I think mine may be worth a full A-Level - not quite sure though, I really should ask :rolleyes:
annonnymoose
Put it in as pending. The result will be sent to the unis with all your other pending results.

You might need to check if it's included in any offers. I know someone who had an offer for her firm that just said 260 points at A2 but the EPQ is described as an A2 level qualification and is worth 1/2 the points of an A2 so we wondered if it would be included. She emailed the Admissions Officer for her course and they confirmed that they would include it. She did it for November submission and knew she'd got an A* which is 70 points so that was great because she knew she only needed 190 more points for that offer!

ye, i dont think it will be included because its places like cambridge and durham im applying too, but i know the epq does look good on your application
annonnymoose

actually, iv just realised im taking it as part of the aqa baccalaureate so I'll put it in as part of that
Original post by annonnymoose

Thank you so much for writing this! I got an offer from my top choice and was wondering aobut this. I rung them up before I applied and they said they accepted EPQ and General Studies, and to clarify I asked again on my University visit, but on my offer there is no mention about this! Was worried about contacting the admissions, but i'm sure going to now! Fingers crossed they accept! It makes a big difference (:
Reply 14
Original post by new-craze-x
Thank you so much for writing this! I got an offer from my top choice and was wondering aobut this. I rung them up before I applied and they said they accepted EPQ and General Studies, and to clarify I asked again on my University visit, but on my offer there is no mention about this! Was worried about contacting the admissions, but i'm sure going to now! Fingers crossed they accept! It makes a big difference (:
Is it a points-based offer? If it is, and the EPQ and/or GS haven't been explicitly excluded, you should be able to count both. If you are in any doubt, email the uni and ask for clarification.

Quick Reply

Latest