The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dnumberwang
I got one earlier today, can't say I'm looking forward to it too much but at least you get a buffet lunch :ahee:

Anyone know if maths applicants usually get interviewed?

:biggrin: what are you applying for, and when is urs?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 121
Original post by JakeE10
I'm from Manchester and was at the Uni yesterday, it is really nice and Manchester is amazing, of course :tongue:

If my predicted grades were high enough... (ABB instead of ABC :angry:)... then it would definitely be my first choice!!!

APPLY! they make exceptions sometimes!
Original post by Artemis 97
:biggrin: what are you applying for, and when is urs?

Maths. 9th November, a wednesday afternoon.

Just noticed you live in Altrincham! I'm from sale
Reply 123
Maths applicant here :wink:

Oh cool, I'm at Alti Girls :smile: I'm applying for physics, 3rd November :P

Have they given you an offer for maths?
Reply 126

Same (hoping that the interview will be very casual :smile:), so is Manchester your definite top choice?
Original post by JayReg
Same (hoping that the interview will be very casual :smile:), so is Manchester your definite top choice?

um not really, its really good for my subject but I want to go somewhere a bit further from home and live somewhere new. Plus I'm applying to Cambridge too so I don't know...

ah, I go agsb :tongue:

Apparently they show you around the campus for a couple of hours, sounds like a right waste of time especially if you live in Manchester :lol:
speech therapy applicant!
Reply 130
Speech therapy applicant too!
ah, I go agsb :tongue:

Apparently they show you around the campus for a couple of hours, sounds like a right waste of time especially if you live in Manchester :lol:

lol i saw that bit, i hope its more of a tour of the department than the area :/ i went on the tour at the open day because my friend wanted to see it, they included the curry mile in it, talking about how useful it was! lol

but yeah like you said i was most pleased about the buffet :P
Reply 132
Original post by Ashtiany
Applying for Economics (BSc) Hons - Need AAB

GCSEs A* A* A A A A A B B B C (C in German, B B B in Eng Lang, one of the dual science awards and Persian)

AS results;
Modern History C
Maths B
Economics B (2 UMS off an A)
Psychology B

Didn't try hard enough so i'll be resitting some modules. Dropped psychology and my predicted A2 are AAB. The B is Modern History.

I do General Studies as well and i'm doing an EPQ too.

Reckon this is enough for a good chance?

It's me again. Spoken about my predicted grades, and my teacher's have put down AAC! :/

BUT my history teacher wrote on my reference for the universities that she thinks i'll get a B with a resit i'm intending to do. Reckon this will affect my chances?
Reply 133
Original post by Ashtiany
It's me again. Spoken about my predicted grades, and my teacher's have put down AAC! :/

BUT my history teacher wrote on my reference for the universities that she thinks i'll get a B with a resit i'm intending to do. Reckon this will affect my chances?

I have the same problem as you I'm predicted A*BB but I'm hoping my maths teacher wirtes in the reference that she thinks I will get an A after my resit too.

I hope this does not hinder our chances
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 134
I'm applying for European Studies + German, deferred entry, predicted AAB
The course looks great, probably my favourite after UCL's, but my parents keep telling me Manchester's a horrible place to be - they really didn't want me to apply there! Thoughts? I couldn't go to the open day so I feel pretty much in the dark, hoping I'll be invited for interview/look around the department so I can find out what it's really like...
Original post by Rainshine
I'm applying for European Studies + German, deferred entry, predicted AAB
The course looks great, probably my favourite after UCL's, but my parents keep telling me Manchester's a horrible place to be - they really didn't want me to apply there! Thoughts? I couldn't go to the open day so I feel pretty much in the dark, hoping I'll be invited for interview/look around the department so I can find out what it's really like...

Don't listen to them. Manchester is awesome! I have a flatmate who says it's like London only smaller and friendlier and she loves it :biggrin:
Reply 136
Original post by fretter778
Don't listen to them. Manchester is awesome! I have a flatmate who says it's like London only smaller and friendlier and she loves it :biggrin:

Awesome! I'm from London and I've been a bit worried about leaving because I love it here, but that's really reassuring, thanks :smile: Great icon btw!
Reply 137
Original post by Rainshine
Awesome! I'm from London and I've been a bit worried about leaving because I love it here, but that's really reassuring, thanks :smile: Great icon btw!

I'm from near London and love Manchester! (in some ways prefer it) if you're unsure about it this website could be helpful, it's not as biased as Uni's own videos:http://unionview.co.uk/
got my conditional offer from manchester yesterday for ancient history :smile:
Original post by stifa

Original post by stifa
It took them only nine days. :smile:

Has anyone else on here got an offer yet?

yess! =D so happy!! they recieved my application on monday and gave me an offer on tuesday haha quick or what?

Latest

Trending

Trending