The Student Room Group

Is Obama The Greatest US President Of All Time??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Classical Liberal
It was nothing of the sort.

Obamacare was never anything like the NHS.

It is going to be a piece of legislation level headed people will curse in the future.

Agreed. I hate it when people compare Obamacare to the NHS. There's a reason why the major figures of the American left - Ralph Nader, Dennis Kucinich, Bernie Sanders, etc - opposed it.
Reply 101
Original post by Georgiana1605
This!

(I haven't read the whole thread but bear with me.)

I can't believe so many people are completely tearing him to shreds! Sure, he may not be the BEST president so far but he is a very, very good one. He has acheived so much and cleared up alot of Bush's mess.
I honestly think that his main problem is the fact that he is simply TOO intelligent for the American people. Bush said he wanted Bin Laden 'dead or alive' and Obama is just SO far above that level. His plans and achievements and personality are a winning combination but, as is the problem with every president, people only look at their bad points!

You do realize that entire post was satirical? He never closed gitmo, he didn't receive the peace prize for israeli and palestein, the libyans haven't achieved democracy they are just as screwed as they were before. If you took a second look at the post and actually saw it for what it was and not what you want it to be you would realize (and god I hope this is true) that the entire post is ripping on him.

As for our booming economy, Michigan has a 30% unemployment rate in detroit. when he entered office gas was on average $1.90/gal and now its closer to 4 on average, and his spending has nearly double that of the previous president that was in office for EIGHT YEARS.

Also wtf do you mean he is "too intelligent" for most americans? Really, I know a lot of my fellow countrymen are morons, but the guy is a bold faced liar. He said his grandfather was one of the first people to be at auschwitz, which was in fact liberated by the soviets at the time.
Yeah, because he was the first Black president. Positive discrimination FTW!!
Reply 103
Original post by Georgiana1605
This!

(I haven't read the whole thread but bear with me.)

I can't believe so many people are completely tearing him to shreds! Sure, he may not be the BEST president so far but he is a very, very good one. He has acheived so much and cleared up alot of Bush's mess.
I honestly think that his main problem is the fact that he is simply TOO intelligent for the American people. Bush said he wanted Bin Laden 'dead or alive' and Obama is just SO far above that level. His plans and achievements and personality are a winning combination but, as is the problem with every president, people only look at their bad points!

I made that post just to show how ironic the title of the thread is. I also really like Obama and would probably vote for him if I were American simply because of his likeability and image. But as for his achievements most of them are very lame (saved auto-industry, obamacare) . His ineffectiveness may be due to the economic and political system as well climate and probably his inexperience at the executive level before his presidential election. I do hope he gets reelected but however Romney will just be as competent (or moreso)and will probably just do as Obama(Remembeer Romneycare? and flip flops).
yh cuz he is black they think he is good he is probs the ****est president ever
This is a controversial, but decent blog on USA and its foreign policy:

http://clackblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/10/why-the-american-government-are-bigger-terrorists-than-al-qaeda/
Obama is average at best.

This is a controversial, but decent blog on USA and its foreign policy:

http://clackblog.wordpress.com/2011/...than-al-qaeda/

I gave this a read, and those 'facts' the author uses could not be more wrong.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 107
half the people that comment on here are idiots, he has been a good president, GovT's always get stick for decisions they make, thats how politics works, you can't keep everyone happy, stop complaining.
Reply 108
Great man, average president imo.
Reply 109
Original post by Miryo
half the people that comment on here are idiots, he has been a good president, GovT's always get stick for decisions they make, thats how politics works, you can't keep everyone happy, stop complaining.

:tongue: Is that an Iranian flag I see? Pretty sure everyone in Iran despises the Obama administration, and I personally can see why.
I thought this was interesting

They have clips of obama campaigning against mandates when he was running against hillary

Then he goes ahead and passes obamacare which forces everyone to buy insurance or face fines (and jail if you don't pay the fines)

What a schmuck
Reply 111
No, as much as I love Obama and his policies on a whole, I think it was J.F Kennedy who ultimately prevented the Cuban missile crisis from destroying the world who deserves the title as greatest president.
I think that even if he was, it would not be a tremendous achievement. The bar is set too low.
Reply 113
Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter what people think of him, he will win the next election by default as he won't face any credible opposition.
I think he'd make a better CEO of a large corporation. At least that way he'd have power.
Are you seriously judging him over his speeches? Admiring him for the art of articulacy? He's a president, not a writer. You have to judge him over what he's actually done, not said. Anyone can sweet talk.

P.S he is DEFINITELY better than Bush.
Original post by j0hn
No, as much as I love Obama and his policies on a whole, I think it was J.F Kennedy who ultimately prevented the Cuban missile crisis from destroying the world who deserves the title as greatest president.

JFK was horribly overrated. How can a president who was in charge 2 years and 10 months be the greatest president ever?

The only reason is because he's popular because he gives great speeches and had a fit wife. LBJ was the one who past some of the most historic legislation America's ever had (despite the Vietnam war), I'd rank him before JFK. it's charisma thing with JFK that makes him popular.

Oh and FDR easily should be winning this.
Clinton has to be the greatest role model of all time... Oh wait it's greatest US president of all time. Nevermind!
What do you all think about how the supreme court is using Obama's own arguments against mandates (from when he was campaigning against Hillary Clinton) to defeat Obamacare?

I thought my previous video would generate a huge response. I thought the British loved irony.
Original post by j0hn

You might be quite interested to read some of Kennedy's meetings around that time. He had a disgustingly relaxed attitude to the possibility of Europe being blown to bits as long as the US came out on top.

Oh, and Vietnam, 1963 Iraq coup, Bay of Pigs, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending