The Student Room Group

No friends, no life..........

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student0210
During high school etc i was very much like grades did come first and foremost. And yes people have said im kind caring and a nice person to go and speak to problems about but people don't think about that or people were lieing to me lol.

I just dont like being alone i want to chat to someone i want to go out to the cinema and enjoy myself etc. and quite posisbly it was due to my past. I moved primary schools and towns from a very young age probably about 6 and i do think this affected me, and it was also when bulling did take a massive toll in my life. there were many years i coudnt escape a break time without being bullied and so obviously nobody wanted to hang around with a looser who got bullied.

Perhaps your too hooked on your past its making problems. I used to be bullied because I was Chinese and beaten when I was in middle school. My parents were too busy to help me so I had to endure it. Bullying does effect your future but don't just think people won't hang out with you because you got bullied. It's most likely they think your too shy to be approached so it would be awkward. I say just try to make yourself more socialable by doing more activities or even changing the way you talk but as I said before oppertunities in the future will come it depends on how u react to it
I said right il go out for a walk there il try and do something active in my room there, il to the library at that time and do some readin il go and prepare that essay at that time etc

Yeah I get you, its tough to get things going, the mind sometimes seems to wonder off on its own. Try to take it easy at first, like, setting yourself only one fixed task everyday for one week (like read only for 20mins everyday), and then gradually add in more stuff.
Reply 42
I don't know what to do. Through primary school and high school i was seen as the class nerd. Always one to make sure that teachers didn't need any help etc. Stayed back extra to help out sort classrooms and things like that. However this included bullying. I've encountered endless amounts of it and it dragged me down and I got fed up.

However, I somehow toddled along crying myself to sleep some night and generally keeping it all inside. I moved onto college where i kind of mingled with a group but not really friends if that makes sense. And still the bullying continued and still i didn't go out to anything, i was stuck in doors alone.

Anyway, then it was time for me to break free. I applied for uni and even thought i got into my last choice, basically getting rejected from the one i wanted and deciding the other uni wasn't for me i gritted my teeth and went for it. Thinking It would be a great fresh start for me to change as a person. Hah, how I was wrong. Still im not blending in. I don't like clubs I prefer to go to pub and have a social drink but no one wants to do that. And because I don't go to clubs I get classed as the boring sod. and I have found myself yet again stuck in my room the majority of the time. The university is crap with societies the majority are sports time of which im pretty fat and just cant play sports because im crap at them. Ive joined a uni society one of the few there are and its tiny so not really making friends that way.

Its getting me really down it seems like im never going to have a social life never going to have a life. Im a lad and never had a bf or gf )yes you heard it right im bi and not out) My family although pretty support really strain me being a split family and all. Thy just don't see what talking to me about how much of a cow bag the opposite one is actually affects me even when i tell them to stop. Obviously there's a lot more in depth with that but im not going to go into it.

In conclusion, Ive never had love, and haven't had any sort of friends for years and years. I just end up being confined to my room with incredibly low self esteem thinking im ugly and everyone hates me. I think if something doesn't happen soon I will end up getting depression. I just don't know what to do. I cant see a silver lining.

anyway if you have read it thanks can could spend a whole day going in to everything but I didn't want to bore you

Oh and finally i'm NOT contemplating suicide I just simply dont know what to do
Thanks for reading

I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied and stuff, no one deserves that for simply wanting to help teachers and that kind of thing.

As for the societies and things not working, well, I've heard that most student group things that aren't to do with sports are pretty crap. But I mean, I wouldn't get down about it. I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one who isn't sporty. Try approaching random people who are in your lectures over a period of time. You *will* gain friendships.

Your sexuality.. well, is there not a society for LGBT? I thought most uni's have them, and it'd be a good way of meeting boys or girls. Then again, relationships aren't everything, and you'll meet the one for you when the time comes along, and when you stop looking for love.

AND DON'T THINK YOU'RE UGLY. No one is ugly.
Anyway, if you ever want someone to talk to, add me as a friend on here, okay? :biggrin: Don't get down about things. I'm always here to talk to :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Matty919
Another option: get a job where you have to interact with people. Tescos, McDonalds wherever - doesn't matter - even volunteering at a charity shop. You will have no choice but to interact with people. Interacting with people will boost your confidence and you will get better at talking to strangers.

Ive applied for jobs and got nowhere, well what liuttle jobs there are around here. even the charity shops around here are full up of volunteers. I will keep looking though
Reply 44
Original post by senator88
Why don't you just try and go out once in a while? And stick with the societies? You don't seem to enjoy anything but I can't see any other way for you to make friends if you don't make yourself open to making friends......

Like I said Im already in a society, and that's the only society there is here that is remotely interesting. I could probably count on my hands how many societies this uni has. As for going out, how can i go out if ive got no one to go with, I'll openly admit I haven't got the confidence to do that.
Reply 45
Original post by Miracle Day
OP you have such a sceptical outlook on so many things suggested. Join a gym, build up muscle and your self esteem.

What uni btw?

Ive been to the gym and not only even as a uni gym is it expensive I get board, lonely and even been bullied a couple of times when I have been.
Reply 46
I've tried speaking to people in lecturers but being it not fully based on lectures, its hard. And the majority of people I have talked to just don't click.

As for LGBT. Probaby the worst society on campus to be honest. Guys just wanting or organise there next going out and getting hammered sessions. In the words of the chairman the LGBT forum is a way to hook up with new guys and go back to the hotel and..... (there words not mine). Its really no as friendly as people make out. A guy was forced to come out this year because he refused to get into bed with any of the committee of the society so they "outed him"

And thanks for offering to talk :smile:

Original post by JessNurden
I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied and stuff, no one deserves that for simply wanting to help teachers and that kind of thing.

As for the societies and things not working, well, I've heard that most student group things that aren't to do with sports are pretty crap. But I mean, I wouldn't get down about it. I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one who isn't sporty. Try approaching random people who are in your lectures over a period of time. You *will* gain friendships.

Your sexuality.. well, is there not a society for LGBT? I thought most uni's have them, and it'd be a good way of meeting boys or girls. Then again, relationships aren't everything, and you'll meet the one for you when the time comes along, and when you stop looking for love.

AND DON'T THINK YOU'RE UGLY. No one is ugly.
Anyway, if you ever want someone to talk to, add me as a friend on here, okay? :biggrin: Don't get down about things. I'm always here to talk to :smile:
Reply 47
Why interests are very basic i only like two things and it seems others don't. I've tried to try new things and they just don't work for me, I don't enjoy them. as for observing people its part of my course to create characters so I do that anyway and cant say its helped so far. I know i shouldn't love myself more it just feels a vicious circle i cant love myself because others don't like me, so why should I love myself when there's nothing to be loved.

Right, so that's an awful thing to say about yourself. It sounds to me like you actually don't want to change, nor do you really want to give yourself a chance. That kind of thinking says "I'm happier hating myself because I don't want to suffer loving myself and finding out that not everyone I meet is going to like me" frankly, the whole lot is #FirstWorldProblems. But to put that aside, has it ever occured to you that if you don't like yourself, and don't like hanging out with just yourself, then no one else will want to either? I know that it sucks to hear that, because I've definitely been through the whole thing myself before, but it's true. Why should anyone like you when you can't name one single thing you like about yourself?

Don't put the pressure of building your self-esteem entirely on others. It's simply not fair. The other posters on this thread are right- you need to focus on yourself. If you only like two things, no problem. Surely you don't think you're so unique and special-snowflake that no one else in the world is as passionate about those two things as you are? If that's all you want to do then get damn well good at doing them. Then go out and find others who like doing them as well. Even if you just like puzzles or some other obscure thing, why not find a puzzle club? It doesn't have to be at your Uni you know. There's a whole big world out there, and there are tons people just like you in it.

You say you want to go drink at pubs instead of clubbing. Seriously mate, there's millions of people who feel the same. Have you ever tried striking up a convo while at the pub? With the bartender maybe, or the guy at the next table- who says you have to have friends pre-pub? You can be social when you get there! You could even take a book, and sit by yourself at regular times for a few months, and become a regular. Slowly, people will start to notice that you're always there, and someone will probably have a chat with you, but you could totally have a chat with them!

Waiting for friends to come to you is the worst way to find them! You say you're in a super small society- more's the better! Why not get to know your fellow members? If there's hardly any of you, then it's even easier to strike up a convo at the next meeting.You already have one thing in common: you're all in the society!

Had to amend this a bit after re-reading your post: you say you sit in your room and think how ugly you are? And how much everyone hates you? Okay two things: first, that means you're probably already depressed. I'd say go ahead and try to find a counselor or someone to talk to about your feelings. It doesn't make you less of a person- it actually makes you very strong indeed to ask for help when you need it. Second thing: how on earth do you know what everyone is thinking? That's a great talent you've got there, because honestly, you haven't met every single person, and you said yourself that you haven't any friends, so how do you know what all these people think of you? Everyone gets bullied at some point. That doesn't mean that society on the whole hates you- it just means that there are people in it who are cruel and hateful, that's not your problem, it's theirs. I think a lot of what attracts bullying is also how you carry yourself and how you approach others. If you slink into the room like you're afraid someone's going to take the piss, someone probably will. If you walk in confidently like you have every right to be there, people aren't going to attack or dismiss you, and even if they do, think about what that says about them- not you!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Tel8
Right, so that's an awful thing to say about yourself. It sounds to me like you actually don't want to change, nor do you really want to give yourself a chance. That kind of thinking says "I'm happier hating myself because I don't want to suffer loving myself and finding out that not everyone I meet is going to like me" frankly, the whole lot is #FirstWorldProblems. But to put that aside, has it ever occured to you that if you don't like yourself, and don't like hanging out with just yourself, then no one else will want to either? I know that it sucks to hear that, because I've definitely been through the whole thing myself before, but it's true. Why should anyone like you when you can't name one single thing you like about yourself?

Don't put the pressure of building your self-esteem entirely on others. It's simply not fair. The other posters on this thread are right- you need to focus on yourself. If you only like two things, no problem. Surely you don't think you're so unique and special-snowflake that no one else in the world is as passionate about those two things as you are? If that's all you want to do then get damn well good at doing them. Then go out and find others who like doing them as well. Even if you just like puzzles or some other obscure thing, why not find a puzzle club? It doesn't have to be at your Uni you know. There's a whole big world out there, and there are tons people just like you in it.

You say you want to go drink at pubs instead of clubbing. Seriously mate, there's millions of people who feel the same. Have you ever tried striking up a convo while at the pub? With the bartender maybe, or the guy at the next table- who says you have to have friends pre-pub? You can be social when you get there! You could even take a book, and sit by yourself at regular times for a few months, and become a regular. Slowly, people will start to notice that you're always there, and someone will probably have a chat with you, but you could totally have a chat with them!

Honestly, why is it so hard for people to see that waiting for friends to come to you is the worst way to find them? You say you're in a super small society- more's the better! Why not get to know your fellow members? If there's hardly any of you, then it's even easier to strike up a convo at the next meeting.You already have one thing in common: you're all in the society!

Had to amend this a bit after re-reading your post: you say you sit in your room and think how ugly you are? And how much everyone hates you? Okay two things: first, that means you're probably already depressed. I'd say go ahead and try to find a counselor or someone to talk to about your feelings. It doesn't make you less of a person- it actually makes you very strong indeed to ask for help when you need it. Second thing: how on earth do you know what everyone is thinking? That's a great talent you've got there, because honestly, you haven't met every single person, and you said yourself that you haven't any friends, so how do you know what all these people think of you? Everyone gets bullied at some point. That doesn't mean that society on the whole hates you- it just means that there are people in it who are cruel and hateful, that's not your problem, it's theirs. I think a lot of what attracts bullying is also how you carry yourself and how you approach others. If you slink into the room like you're afraid someone's going to take the piss, someone probably will. If you walk in confidently like you have every right to be there, people aren't going to attack or dismiss you, and even if they do, think about what that says about them- not you!

I know I should try and love myself I just cant seem to. As for my passionate two things : Bowling and Theatre. Bowling is not something you can do alone. and Theatre Ive been going alone regulary for 4 years, not once even getting close to striking up a conversasion.

I dont have the confidence to go to a bar alone and look like a strange lad who sits in the corner on his own.

As for teh society we talk and talk alot thats what the society is about, but not kicking off as friends really it just dosnt seem to go that way.

as for your amended bit of the post, maybe I am depressed I don't know. I dont sit here evry day thinking why am I ugly and why don't i have friends,. But it does come up very often. Probably from boredom but I don't know. Obviously no i agree i cant have net everyone in the word. However what I do know i I haven't come across one person that has actually wanted to get to know me. So obviously something is seriously wrong. Adolescence and teenage years are supposed to be the best and most social years of your life. For me, so far they are my worst nightmare
Reply 49
I was also in the same boat long time back, school and college werent particularly enjoyable experience and kepy to myself as I did not know how to interact and was afraid of rejection. I was just a creep - studied and studied and tried to keep the teachers happy. The Problem was I never was able to develop my communication or social skills which left me vulnerable. My nadir was at university where I never fitted in and just studied(nor did I like clubbing at that time but love it now) Again feared rejection. First year was bad but the second year was awful as I got bullied badly. Still hurts to this day.

What I have learnt is that to make friends there has to be some something in common. Students bond through drink and clubbing out. First impressions also count once they pigeon hole you then you are in trouble.

Sometimes making friends is about luck being in the right place at the right time. If you can just go out by yourself where people from your course attend - they probably will be too drunk to notice you are by yourself. Alcohol will also free you of your inhibitions and just mingle. Remember to keep smiling and laughing - never brood or grumble. This may attract people to you. Try not to feel self consious or diffident.

Finally, do some self analysis are you good company and entertaining. Will people warm to your personality. I can see why I was isolated and ignored by people as I was just so so boring a and lacked personality.

People will only accept you if they seem you to be worthy or equal to them. Sad but true.......
Reply 50
Original post by jim100
I was also in the same boat long time back, school and college werent particularly enjoyable experience and kepy to myself as I did not know how to interact and was afraid of rejection. I was just a creep - studied and studied and tried to keep the teachers happy. The Problem was I never was able to develop my communication or social skills which left me vulnerable. My nadir was at university where I never fitted in and just studied(nor did I like clubbing at that time but love it now) Again feared rejection. First year was bad but the second year was awful as I got bullied badly. Still hurts to this day.

What I have learnt is that to make friends there has to be some something in common. Students bond through drink and clubbing out. First impressions also count once they pigeon hole you then you are in trouble.

Sometimes making friends is about luck being in the right place at the right time. If you can just go out by yourself where people from your course attend - they probably will be too drunk to notice you are by yourself. Alcohol will also free you of your inhibitions and just mingle. Remember to keep smiling and laughing - never brood or grumble. This may attract people to you. Try not to feel self consious or diffident.

Finally, do some self analysis are you good company and entertaining. Will people warm to your personality. I can see why I was isolated and ignored by people as I was just so so boring a and lacked personality.

People will only accept you if they seem you to be worthy or equal to them. Sad but true.......

I dont like going out drinking, and especially not on my own. Its then I realise just what a lonely sod I am.

Its quite surprising with people, people don't notice how sad and lonely I actually feel they all think family included that I am doing fine and making loads of friends. Living in a split family I've learnt to hide things and be incredibly diplomatics about the way i talk.

and I cant really understand your point about self analysis? i cant force myself to go out and enjoy being drunk or to go out and be ace at sports, surely? if im reading your comment right
Reply 51
I only met one decent friend (but he had to go on a placement year).. so I had to hang with the rest and they are rubbish tbh so don't bother worrying about having no friends. I just keep friendly for work-related things.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
I know I should try and love myself I just cant seem to. As for my passionate two things : Bowling and Theatre. Bowling is not something you can do alone. and Theatre Ive been going alone regulary for 4 years, not once even getting close to striking up a conversasion.

I dont have the confidence to go to a bar alone and look like a strange lad who sits in the corner on his own.

As for teh society we talk and talk alot thats what the society is about, but not kicking off as friends really it just dosnt seem to go that way.

as for your amended bit of the post, maybe I am depressed I don't know. I dont sit here evry day thinking why am I ugly and why don't i have friends,. But it does come up very often. Probably from boredom but I don't know. Obviously no i agree i cant have net everyone in the word. However what I do know i I haven't come across one person that has actually wanted to get to know me. So obviously something is seriously wrong. Adolescence and teenage years are supposed to be the best and most social years of your life. For me, so far they are my worst nightmare

Wow. You honestly don't really want advise do you? People aren't just going to like you I'm afraid. You have to put some work in- try! And why can't you bowl by yourself? I've seen plenty of people do it- why not just go? See the reason you need to learn to do things alone is because YOU have to be the one to build your self esteem. No one else can do that for you.

As for something being "seriously wrong" because you haven't met anyone that "wants" to get to know you: deja vu. I believe I said exactly the same thing 5 or 6 years ago. Currently, I have plenty of friends and no real social problems other than mild anxiety. What made the change? I did. I moved to a new area with my family, and I was determined. I wanted to change, I wanted to be the person I knew I could be. So I got a new wardrobe that showcased my individual style (I had hidden this to fit in in my old place), I started thinking "what would really scare me right now? Talking to that girl? Okay, I'm going to go do it". It wasn't about terrifying myself, it was about forcing myself to realize that a social situation has no power to make or break my life.

Theater: I love theater. Seriously. I used to act in plays all through high school, and I've always loved drama and script writing. Why not join a drama troop? Don't think about making friends, don't think about all the things you think are wrong with you- just go because it's something you love and want to be part of. Don't want to act? Who says you have to? Volunteer to be stage manager, or to sell tickets. You'd be amazed at how much confidence you build when doing something you love. And people are attracted to confidence.

Here's another tip: therapy really helped me. I honestly felt the same way you do, that I was really just a waste of space, that no one would ever like let alone love me (I hadn't had a boyfriend before, so I thought I was doomed.). I used to think I was ugly, and if no one ever wanted to talk to me or hang out with me then obviously, I had to be correct. I hated myself. I'll swear it on anything you like. I started going to counseling and it changed everything. Here was a person who's job it was to sit and listen to me whinge about how everyone hated me, and give me unbiased feedback as to what might be wrong and how to fix it. And that's just what she did- I learned that my own mind was the reason I couldn't make friends, not something about my physical person. I really encourage you to try it- whether you think you're depressed or not. Because frankly, no one wants to be friends with someone who thinks the way you seem to right now.

Just think how needy you must come across when you can't love yourself but you expect others to? I'm sorry if that's harsh, but in my healthy state of mind, why on earth would I want to be friends with someone who thinks there's nothing good or interesting or beautiful about themselves? Who states that they have nothing to offer?
Reply 53
Original post by Tel8
Wow. You honestly don't really want advise do you? People aren't just going to like you I'm afraid. You have to put some work in- try! And why can't you bowl by yourself? I've seen plenty of people do it- why not just go? See the reason you need to learn to do things alone is because YOU have to be the one to build your self esteem. No one else can do that for you.

As for something being "seriously wrong" because you haven't met anyone that "wants" to get to know you: deja vu. I believe I said exactly the same thing 5 or 6 years ago. Currently, I have plenty of friends and no real social problems other than mild anxiety. What made the change? I did. I moved to a new area with my family, and I was determined. I wanted to change, I wanted to be the person I knew I could be. So I got a new wardrobe that showcased my individual style (I had hidden this to fit in in my old place), I started thinking "what would really scare me right now? Talking to that girl? Okay, I'm going to go do it". It wasn't about terrifying myself, it was about forcing myself to realize that a social situation has no power to make or break my life.

Theater: I love theater. Seriously. I used to act in plays all through high school, and I've always loved drama and script writing. Why not join a drama troop? Don't think about making friends, don't think about all the things you think are wrong with you- just go because it's something you love and want to be part of. Don't want to act? Who says you have to? Volunteer to be stage manager, or to sell tickets. You'd be amazed at how much confidence you build when doing something you love. And people are attracted to confidence.

Here's another tip: therapy really helped me. I honestly felt the same way you do, that I was really just a waste of space, that no one would ever like let alone love me (I hadn't had a boyfriend before, so I thought I was doomed.). I used to think I was ugly, and if no one ever wanted to talk to me or hang out with me then obviously, I had to be correct. I hated myself. I'll swear it on anything you like. I started going to counseling and it changed everything. Here was a person who's job it was to sit and listen to me whinge about how everyone hated me, and give me unbiased feedback as to what might be wrong and how to fix it. And that's just what she did- I learned that my own mind was the reason I couldn't make friends, not something about my physical person. I really encourage you to try it- whether you think you're depressed or not. Because frankly, no one wants to be friends with someone who thinks the way you seem to right now.

Just think how needy you must come across when you can't love yourself but you expect others to? I'm sorry if that's harsh, but in my healthy state of mind, why on earth would I want to be friends with someone who thinks there's nothing good or interesting or beautiful about themselves? Who states that they have nothing to offer?

Its not that I dont want advicse it just it seems impossible to do. You cant bowl my yourself whats fun about throwing a ball at some pins and then going up against yourself

I cant move to a new area because im at uni, and im not changing uni.This year I was determined to change I brought a new set of clothes and chucked all my own ones out, did it change no. and as you put about going to talk to someone its ok if you can push yourself to do it but if you cant thn well your stuck (however i have tried to meet a coupled of people over the net and well they lost contact after we met, even though i did my best to appear confident and not appear down)

The drama society and others around here are all manned by the exact same people on my course and as i said earlier the dont get on with me, they dont taje things seriously. They'd rather go out and get "hammered"

as for therapy, well its pushing yourself to go isnt it..................
Like I said Im already in a society, and that's the only society there is here that is remotely interesting. I could probably count on my hands how many societies this uni has. As for going out, how can i go out if ive got no one to go with, I'll openly admit I haven't got the confidence to do that.

Well if you haven't got the confidence then your just going to have to pretend you do if you want to get somewhere......you have flatmates right? Just ask if you can join them on their next night out.
Reply 55
Original post by senator88
Well if you haven't got the confidence then your just going to have to pretend you do if you want to get somewhere......you have flatmates right? Just ask if you can join them on their next night out.

there nights out includes drugs, falling asleep in the park, sleeping with as many girls as possible in one night. Not really my thing tbh
Reply 56
I dont like going out drinking, and especially not on my own. Its then I realise just what a lonely sod I am.

Its quite surprising with people, people don't notice how sad and lonely I actually feel they all think family included that I am doing fine and making loads of friends. Living in a split family I've learnt to hide things and be incredibly diplomatics about the way i talk.

and I cant really understand your point about self analysis? i cant force myself to go out and enjoy being drunk or to go out and be ace at sports, surely? if im reading your comment right

What i meant by self analysis is just looking at your personality and perhaps there are something need addressing. I had many faults and one of them was taking myself too serious and always miserable and feeling sorry for myself. Ask someone for an honest opinion of yourself and know it is hard but trust me long term it may end up beneficial to you. If you do not make friends its not the end of the world so don't get hung up about it. Unfortunately you can't force people to be friends with you and you do have to make some effort and just get out there it may work and it may not but do not get too despondent if it doesn't work out. If there is some comfort. I must have been the most unsuccessful person in University history and made no friends but having analysed the situation i realise I was at fault as I did not make the effort and there was nothing remotely interesting about me so could not expect people want to spend time with me. Its was a vert low point of my life. Afterwards, I started to go out more and did make friends and lost them. If I want to go out and have no one to go out with - I just go out by myself as I love dancing. It does take guts at you age to go alone but you will not find friends in your room. Friends are like buses once you been waiting for one - you will find three or four come along. Be patient my friend and it will work out but you need to make the effort. Good luck
Reply 57
Original post by jim100
What i meant by self analysis is just looking at your personality and perhaps there are something need addressing. I had many faults and one of them was taking myself too serious and always miserable and feeling sorry for myself. Ask someone for an honest opinion of yourself and know it is hard but trust me long term it may end up beneficial to you. If you do not make friends its not the end of the world so don't get hung up about it. Unfortunately you can't force people to be friends with you and you do have to make some effort and just get out there it may work and it may not but do not get too despondent if it doesn't work out. If there is some comfort. I must have been the most unsuccessful person in University history and made no friends but having analysed the situation i realise I was at fault as I did not make the effort and there was nothing remotely interesting about me so could not expect people want to spend time with me. Its was a vert low point of my life. Afterwards, I started to go out more and did make friends and lost them. If I want to go out and have no one to go out with - I just go out by myself as I love dancing. It does take guts at you age to go alone but you will not find friends in your room. Friends are like buses once you been waiting for one - you will find three or four come along. Be patient my friend and it will work out but you need to make the effort. Good luck

you make it sound all so easy to do all this stuff
Reply 58
I've tried speaking to people in lecturers but being it not fully based on lectures, its hard. And the majority of people I have talked to just don't click.

As for LGBT. Probaby the worst society on campus to be honest. Guys just wanting or organise there next going out and getting hammered sessions. In the words of the chairman the LGBT forum is a way to hook up with new guys and go back to the hotel and..... (there words not mine). Its really no as friendly as people make out. A guy was forced to come out this year because he refused to get into bed with any of the committee of the society so they "outed him"

And thanks for offering to talk :smile:

It's a pity that you're not clicking with anyone in your lectures. but I'd advise you to keep on trying. I'm sure that there is someone who'd be a great match as a friend for you.
Is the LGBT really the worst society in the campus? That's a pity.. :/ But yeah, I can't believe they got rid of a member because he refused to go to bed with a committee member. That's really awful. Okay. Don't get involved with that.
Are there any other societies that interest you at all? And are in you in a flat? If you are, just talk more to your flatmates, I'm sure they're alright, and then you can go out with them and stuff. Just put yourself out there.
But no problem for offering to talk. I'm always here :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by JessNurden
It's a pity that you're not clicking with anyone in your lectures. but I'd advise you to keep on trying. I'm sure that there is someone who'd be a great match as a friend for you.
Is the LGBT really the worst society in the campus? That's a pity.. :/ But yeah, I can't believe they got rid of a member because he refused to go to bed with a committee member. That's really awful. Okay. Don't get involved with that.
Are there any other societies that interest you at all? And are in you in a flat? If you are, just talk more to your flatmates, I'm sure they're alright, and then you can go out with them and stuff. Just put yourself out there.
But no problem for offering to talk. I'm always here :biggrin:

this unis crap at societies im in one but thats at risk of being closed down to lack of participants. and yes im in a flat but all they care about is going out and getting hammered agin we talk when we see each other but dont click as friends cos i dont want to go out and get hammered

Quick Reply

Latest