The Student Room Group

heard my mum having sex...

i heard my mum having sex yesterday morning... she's divorced from my dad but hasn't told me about any boyfriend of hers but i know someone shes recently met slept over a couple of weeks ago but i never saw him, and yesterday morning i innocently went to get some clothes out of the wardrobe in the hall outside of her bedroom and heard heavy breathing and the mattress creaking.
im not a prude at all and i know everyone has sex and its normal etc. but i'm really quite disturbed by it and i found it quite disrespectful because she doesnt even pay the mortgage on the house, my dad does, and therefore she has no right to say its her house and she can do what she likes. she knew i was in and i would really have appreciated it if she had waited until i was out. i know she would hate it if i had sex while she was in the house.
what was even worse to me is that she snuck the guy out and acted like nothing happened.
am i being overly emotional about this? i cant really look at her in the same way and i dont know how to confront her about it. normally i talk to my dad about all my problems that i have living with my mum but obviously i wont talk to him about this. its stressing me out a little bit and i already have so much exam stress its making me angry at her

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Everybody has sex, get over it.
Reply 2
Original post by Michaelj
Everybody has sex, get over it.

This! Let your mum be happy and just carry on like normal

Edit: Loving the neg reps for no reason
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
It is a horrible thing to have to listen to, just try and forget about it as best you can.
Is your mum hot?
Reply 5
Original post by Abcrew
This! Let your mum be happy and just carry on like normal

my main point here is that she could have waited until i was out of the house its just as much my house as it is hers at the moment i dont care that shes having sex she can do as she likes its the curtesy of not doing it while her daughter is in the house at 9am in the morning
Reply 6
Tell me more. :sexface:
It happens.
My Dad & Step Mum did it whilst we were all staying in a caravan, it was awful and everyone could hear :/
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
It happens.
My Dad & Step Mum did it whilst we were all staying in a caravan, it was awful and everyone could hear :/

Wow thats messed up holy ****
If you're stressed, have a ****. Preferably not over that though. :shame:
Reply 10
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to pick up a tool?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to chat for 30 minutes?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to chat/ watch tv for an hour?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to watch a film?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to go out for a meal and then watch a film?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to eat/ watch tv and stay over?

Depending on when you said yes then you have your answer; if you say yes to most of these then you have issues. If you say no until the last one (or two) then you regard her being in a relationship / sex way too highly and should consider it the same as watching TV :smile:
Original post by ShredMaster
Wow thats messed up holy ****

I know D: I was 12 at the time and no lie you could hear the caravan creaking.
Heard it once and i had to go put on some headphones and cry myself to sleep :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
It happens.

Oh gosh. I guess it's just a case of people having urges, you can't stop them from having them I guess.
OMG i'm so sorry for you. I have no idea what I would do if I was in your position, maybe just cry.
Reply 15
I'll try and keep it down next time
Reply 16
I guess you're compelled to be traumatised for life. Start acting weird and develop a strange character, you now have an excellent excuse for eccentric behaviour.
Reply 17
Original post by Sellya
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to pick up a tool?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to chat for 30 minutes?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to chat/ watch tv for an hour?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to watch a film?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to go out for a meal and then watch a film?
Would you respond this way if she had someone over to eat/ watch tv and stay over?

Depending on when you said yes then you have your answer; if you say yes to most of these then you have issues. If you say no until the last one (or two) then you regard her being in a relationship / sex way too highly and should consider it the same as watching TV :smile:

That's utterly ridiculous. My Granddad had a builder mate of his over to pick up a tool the other day. I was fine with that. Would that mean I wouldn't have a problem with watching my Granddad having sex?
Reply 18
Bring someone back and then **** them twice as hard.
Reply 19
Did she sound like she was enjoying it?

Latest

Trending

Trending