Biology Unit 2 AQA 21st May 2012

Hey guys, are you guys ready for the exam? Lets discuss some questions :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
noooope! Dreading it, especially all the questions about enzymes :confused:
Reply 2
Original post by lbtb28
noooope! Dreading it, especially all the questions about enzymes :confused:

SAME HEREE! Deading it and I do not understand homeostasis (sorry if the spelling is wrong) at all or cell division.

AHHH! FREAKING OUT.
Reply 3
Doing the 2012 paper should help! its hard though :frown:
can someone answer this question?? Please

The tertiary structure of haemoglobin allows it to carry oxygen. Explain how?? (2 marks)

seems easy but the book has a weird answer to it... so yea.. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by R10T_N0_B0UNTY
can someone answer this question?? Please

The tertiary structure of haemoglobin allows it to carry oxygen. Explain how?? (2 marks)

seems easy but the book has a weird answer to it... so yea.. :smile:

Is that AQA? I have no idea what the structure of haemoglobin is :O
Original post by OHNOGEM
Is that AQA? I have no idea what the structure of haemoglobin is :O

Yeah... i know right .... its from the examstyle questions in the book chapter 10
... the answer to The tertiary structure of Haemoglobin allows it to carry oxygen, Explain how.... apperently is this....
Each polypeptide has a specific 3D shape.... ( this is where im like... crap im soo lacking ) haemoglobin has hydrophillic groups that allow it to mix with blood...
(Im like aint that a randomn answer... so not what I would put)
Reply 7
Has anyone got the 2012 jan paper they could mail me please or know where I can find it?? Thanks in advance :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
umm... i got B2 resit, C2 AND P2, english lit, product design oh... and english language resit in the next two weeks -.- .... i would be f'ed if i was doing triple science. ADDITIONAL FTW :smile: and i have made like 20 revision cards with key words on like osmosis, diffusion etc and stuck them around my tv.
Only good thing is that i get to leave school at 10:30am haha study leave <3
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm resiting all the unit 2's and doing triple...
I'm prepared enough to get my A* though.
Reply 10
Well all the best guys! Lets get good grades! Im resitting my unit 2 too. Got a C last summer. I hope i will improve by atleast a great higher! Even better, 2 grades higher :P
Reply 11
grade higher*
Reply 12
unofficial mark scheme anyone? how did everyone find it? we will all help to build one :smile:. i found it pretty easy
Reply 13
Would anyone be able to post a foundation mark scheme please :smile: I know most have done higher but I want to see how well I have done on foundation, thanks
Reply 14
Original post by iJess
Would anyone be able to post a foundation mark scheme please :smile: I know most have done higher but I want to see how well I have done on foundation, thanks

sorry i dont know what came on that paper as i didnt do it :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by adam30
Hi guys, what subjects are the first few questions on the higher paper this morning? Any other questions you can remember will help, thanks :biggrin:

havent you done the exam yet?!
Reply 16
No, I've got it this afternoon :smile:
For what enzymes are produced in pancreas would amylase and protease get the marks? What did you put for how carbon compounds in cows waste help plants...or something like that..:smile:
was the second answer limiting factors of photo synthesis :/

AHH! did so bad ahaha !
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
thats impossible, everyone in the country did it this morning. are you sure its the AQA Board and not edexcel?

Quick Reply