The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good Luck everyone for tomorrow, im doing women in time, really not looking forward to it as ive only revised 5 out of 9 chapters, just hope that a question comes up that ive revised :frown:
Reply 141
Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed for a good Henry VIII question! I think that Cromwell's fall, the Reformation and possibly the annulment will come up. Maybe the rise of Wolsey as well, but I wouldn't know enough to write for that question :tongue:

GOOD LUCK! :h:
Was unable to sleep last night so I've only had 5 and a half hours sleep. I'm absolutely nackrered, hopefully won't effect the exam for me
Original post by iamthestig
I'm doing that too - i've revised Heath and Callaghan particularly as I have a feeling they will come up in some form. If I get a bloody Macmillan question I will storm out of the exam hall :biggrin:

The main problem I've been having is, how much are we supposed to know in terms of our own knowledge, i.e. do we have to know exact dates and figures on unemployment and voting?

I'd like Heath & Callaghan and like you think they're likely to come up but my favourite would be the first Wilson Government, personally. I haven't looked over the first lot of Conservatives hardly at all. Do you know what came up in January?

I'm not sure, frankly. I decided on Friday though to make a 4 page document of pretty much every figure in my 2 textbooks and learn them and did - but I think I'm the exception not the rule! I also find learning nonsensical numbers oddly easy and satisfying which partly motivated it. :colondollar: I guess the odd figure would be good but you can get into top bands without so long as you're strong otherwise. (I do only have majorities for elections not seats and votes).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 144
Since I am doing british political hisotry 1945-1990 too ... I revsied attlee and churchill and macmillan profoundly, however, things got boring when i went to wilson and then heath and then wilson i just learned a few points of them why they achieved and why they failed, I feel like if any of these questions come up ill have to find my way to give an argument either way I have a good feeling im retaking them for january 2013 ... I am no where near achieve more than a C ....
Reply 145
I am doing Tudor history . break with Rome is the annulment . What is the reformation to prevangelicalism
, is that the act of ten and six articles and changing of the bible to vernacular ?
Original post by asarwar_95
Everyone is using the term "cross referencing"> I know vaguely that it means comparing the sources with eath other but due to my sh*t teacher weve been learning the topics all year and BARELY any essay skills :L> Can someone give me a description and how to implement cross referencing in my answer please??

(Doing Irish)

sorry if this is a little too late, but it's saying stuff like: "both sources A and B agree with the view that..." or "xyz, which is also supported by source C when it refers to (quote)"
Reply 147
leaving for exam in 30 mins ... god im stressed
Reply 148
Pick out quotes in different sources with similar themes/views that either support or contraduct each other
Reply 149
*contradict
good luck everyone! Im sitting this too! Changing role of women :frown:

Just remember, cross reference the sources, integrate attribution to validate the reliability of the point, and ALWAYS DO A CONCLUSION even if your running out of time!
So, how did everyone find it? :smile:
Reply 152
Horrible questions... both questions I did I really struggled for understanding with especially the one on the reforms in the aftermath of the Crimean War.
Reply 153
Questions on English history 1588-1603 were really nice, especially the James one was a gift from heaven. Hopefully grade boundaries won't be too high.
I think the questions for India were particularly nice. I did section B (ii) first for once and that went well but section A wasn't as good. I had plenty of time and I think the content was good but it didn't come out as eloquently as I wanted and was quite short. I also misunderstood a quote from the sources and had to waffle pathetically to make it relevant.

But I still think it went better than the other time I sat that exam (72%)
(edited 11 years ago)
For those that did Henry Viii, did anyone find that the Royal Supremacy question (part b)) regarding the need for an heir said NOTHING about an heir?
The closest it got to was mentioning the divorce.

From the sources I mainly focused on the need for independence... Could mean economic strength and taxation and a little bit about Lutherna ideas.
Wbu guys?
Original post by I'll.Be.Back
For those that did Henry Viii, did anyone find that the Royal Supremacy question (part b)) regarding the need for an heir said NOTHING about an heir?
The closest it got to was mentioning the divorce.

From the sources I mainly focused on the need for independence... Could mean economic strength and taxation and a little bit about Lutherna ideas.
Wbu guys?

You'd put that source 4 said about the divorce and this was a main cause for the break with Rome as henry needing a male heir contributed to why he wanted the divorce to begin with.

Source 5 stated Anne Boleyn was pregnant which you could also link to the male heir. Henry thought Anne was having a boy and even if she didn't (which she didn't) she was young enough to have more. The pregnancy made Henry rush to break with rome so any children with Catherine were bastards and those with Anne were legitimised in the act of succession

I think the exam went very well considering I only revised 3 of the topics and 2 of them came up :smile:
Indian questions were good.
Original post by BulletproofHeart
You'd put that source 4 said about the divorce and this was a main cause for the break with Rome as henry needing a male heir contributed to why he wanted the divorce to begin with.

Source 5 stated Anne Boleyn was pregnant which you could also link to the male heir. Henry thought Anne was having a boy and even if she didn't (which she didn't) she was young enough to have more. The pregnancy made Henry rush to break with rome so any children with Catherine were bastards and those with Anne were legitimised in the act of succession

I think the exam went very well considering I only revised 3 of the topics and 2 of them came up :smile:

the wolsey sources were horrific, they literally had nowhere to 'hook' own knowledge on :s-smilie:
Original post by PaddyTheOmani
Indian questions were good.

which one did you do? I did b)i) but i didnt understand what the middle source was on about! i didnt really like the first question either...did you say the source by gandhi showed he was a good leader or not?