The Student Room Group

Girls: How much do you pay for a wash, cut & blowdry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
In my local hairdressers, with a student discount, its around £13. :smile:.
Reply 41
Annoying music, so watch it on mute, but this is the way to be pampered at the salon.

Original post by sammy-lou
Haha I'm all for a bit of RB - the relevance of the original comment was too good to pass up though!

A rare insight in to the inner mind of females?

Haha a bit of light-hearted humour is fine by me :smile: Well it's quite intriguing to study the mentality of the opposite sex, must due to all that feminism material I was learning for one of my Uni exams :cool:
Reply 43
£5 - I looooove the Vidal Sassoon Training Academy (don't forget to show your student card when you pay, it's £12 otherwise). I considered going to a salon at one point but after looking at London prices back to Vidal I went...
Original post by Multitalented me
Haha a bit of light-hearted humour is fine by me :smile: Well it's quite intriguing to study the mentality of the opposite sex, must due to all that feminism material I was learning for one of my Uni exams :cool:

Haha I think in many respects the minds of a feminist female and the minds of a non-feminist female are possibly as different as males to females. But yeah; oh to be the other sex for just one day!
Reply 45
I pay around £15-20 depending on how long my hair is (its usually long, just past my waist) for a wash and cut, i tend to blowdry myself at home, salon blowdrys make my usually straight hair turn curly...its weird :s-smilie:
Less than £20.
I pay £22 - £28ish, depending on who I get, at a small salon near my house.

Although they did do me a serious discount for my prom hairdo too.
Reply 48
£33 at Andrew Collinge with student discount

The shampoo head massage is better than sliced bread. :wink:
Original post by SoNottingH
I love having my hair washed well though by someone good at it, one good reason to go to better salons. Just lying back lazily and having a dreamy guy with strong fingers massaging my head.... sigh....

i must be going to the wrong salons
Reply 50
About £25, though always on the lookout for bargains!
£22
Reply 52
Not a girl but I've had long hair for 8 years, currentlyy shoulder length. I wouldn't pay more than £20 - a trained monkey could level my hair out and cut a few inches off.

Original post by Sadsnail
Omg why do I pay so much?!??!?! I standardly pay £75 -_-

£75 for a haircut!? I will never understand women . . .
Reply 53
£25 :/
Reply 54
Original post by Bellissima
i must be going to the wrong salons

Haha, are you in London? We can chat about them if you PM me. :smile:
Reply 55
For me, it's £30 for foil highlights on roots, wash, dry and cut. But, their wash, dry and a cut is £17.50.
Wash, blow dry, cut and highlights costs me around £40 at home.... I'm trying to find a cheap-ish place to get it done in Birmingham, struggling though. :frown: But it really needs doing!
Reply 57
Do you go to a chain like toni & guy or a local?

I've paid £150 for colours and everything in C. London salons.
£35 - that's with a senior stylist at my local salon.

It's £25 with a junior, but I prefer paying the extra £10 for someone with a bit more experience, because I'm quite precious about my hair!
Reply 59
Hope they treat you nicely for that money. :smile: The most expensive I've been to is Nicky Clarke in London, it was really lovely.

Quick Reply