The Student Room Group

Whys it soo hard for me to get a job

Hey Guys

Been ages since ive been here!

Anyway.. I need help.. bigstyle..

Ive just complete a long old stint in college and Ive just done a apprenticeship.

Im highly qualified in IT. Ive been on the dole 10 weeks.. Ive had 6 interviews..

I just cant get a job! Help!
No experience seems to equal no job.

The job market is ****ed.
Reply 2
Original post by samperry209
Hey Guys

Been ages since ive been here!

Anyway.. I need help.. bigstyle..

Ive just complete a long old stint in college and Ive just done a apprenticeship.

Im highly qualified in IT. Ive been on the dole 10 weeks.. Ive had 6 interviews..

I just cant get a job! Help!

Keep going - 6 interviews in 10 weeks suggests you're not doing too badly to be honest. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by alex_hk90
Keep going - 6 interviews in 10 weeks suggests you're not doing too badly to be honest. :smile:

Thank you for this nice comment :smile:

Its just a kick in the teeth when you think you have done your best.. :/ Ill keep trying..
err, 6 interviews in 10 weeks is actually pretty fantastic in the current market. Maybe you need to look at your interview technique though.
6 interviews in 10 weeks and still no job.

Where do you think the problem lies?
Reply 6
Don't worry, you are going to get one. 6 interviews in 10 weeks is really good and it sounds like your making progress.
Reply 7
Ha.. from all your comments your making me feel like im being too hard on myself LOL

Okay, Well I feel im not selling myself enough in the interviews. Umm.. i try to do the normal, smile, firm handshake..

but yeah.. not sure where im going wrong?
i'm not really qualified in anything (still a uni student :P) but to make you feel better i was going after retail jobs after having experience in John Lewis.. i had 2 interviews in 10 months. one of them didn't ring back at all after my interview! the labour market is on it's arse at the moment. you did so well to get 6 interviews!
Reply 9
Original post by slappyhours
i'm not really qualified in anything (still a uni student :P) but to make you feel better i was going after retail jobs after having experience in John Lewis.. i had 2 interviews in 10 months. one of them didn't ring back at all after my interview! the labour market is on it's arse at the moment. you did so well to get 6 interviews!

Im Microsoft certifed and got my A+ no real retail experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending