The Student Room Group

2 girls sharing a bed... Weird?

I'm a girl and I share a bed with my female flatmate - even though we both have separate beds in separate rooms; DO GUYS THINK THIS IS WEIRD? We don't do it every night, not even most nights, but every so often, and if I was to "sleepover" at a friend's house, I'd share the bed with them too, sometimes even if it was a single.

I think a lot of girls do this (back me up?) but I mentioned to a guy friend the other day and he thought it was strange... Was it just him?

We are both 100% straight (and in our early 20s), and we've done this since we lived together/starting staying over at each others houses; during that time I've been both in a relationship and single...

If it's weird, are there any exceptions?

Scroll to see replies

I think it's quite cute. :colondollar:. I'm sure that it wouldn't matter, as long as you're both happy and someone's not filching the duvet. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
On a first reading I found it a bit odd- I've shared beds with very close friends but only if there is only one...
However, I sometimes share a bed with my brother because we did it as little children and never really grew out of it, so I suppose that's sort of similar.
Reply 3
Not weird at all.

Attention seeking thread.
Reply 4
It's probably not something I would personally do but I can think of quite a few of my friends who would do it and be completely comfortable with it. I don't think it's overly weird.
If you're close mates then no I don't think it's very strange; it's kinda similar to sisters sharing a bed really :smile:
no it's not weird at all??? i have done this loads of times... i think it's weird to find it weird!!

i guess it's because some guys wouldn't generally share a bed with another platonic guy... it's less common.
It transgresses ordinary social boundaries (considering you have your own beds), but it's nothing too bizarre.
Reply 8
Weird? It's the best thing I've heard all day :lol:
Original post by whyumadtho
It transgresses ordinary social boundaries (considering you have your own beds), but it's nothing too bizarre.

The TSR answer to a simple question.
Reply 10
I think its pretty normal yeah
Do you spoon each other too? :coma:
Original post by hazelr
I'm a girl and I share a bed with my female flatmate - even though we both have separate beds in separate rooms; DO GUYS THINK THIS IS WEIRD? We don't do it every night, not even most nights, but every so often, and if I was to "sleepover" at a friend's house, I'd share the bed with them too, sometimes even if it was a single.

I think a lot of girls do this (back me up?) but I mentioned to a guy friend the other day and he thought it was strange... Was it just him?

We are both 100% straight (and in our early 20s), and we've done this since we lived together/starting staying over at each others houses; during that time I've been both in a relationship and single...

If it's weird, are there any exceptions?

I only share beds when there aren't enough. Sometimes you get given a double instead of twin room and I share with my brother but I generally don't like anything in my bed except for me so don't like to share and I think I take up a lot of space as well. Having said that I have heard of far weirder things happening.
Reply 13
if i go to one of my friends houses we usually share a bed (well it's better than sleeping on the sofa!)
i don't feel it's weird, and my boyfriend doesn't think it is either. i wouldn't do it with anyone i didn't know well though.

it's not really any different to sharing a tent is it?

Hmm I can see there are some guys having a field day here. No boys, we don't shower together in the morning.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
I know lots of people who would probably do this. I personally wouldn't, but that's cos I don't generally wear much to bed...
Reply 15
Not weird at all.
Reply 16
That’s not weird. I sometimes share a bed with my female friends when I’m staying over at their place. Even when I was living out with a friend, we would sometimes sleep in the same bed even though my bedroom was right next door, it was easier to sleep in her bed than sleep alone in my own cold one after I’d warmed up my side :tongue:
Do you have pillow fights in your pyjamas?
i share beds with close guy friends too. as long as no one's doing anything weird, i don't see the problem tbh.
Are any guys gonna admit to doing the same?

Original post by ziziii
i share beds with close guy friends too. as long as no one's doing anything weird, i don't see the problem tbh.

Just as I posted lol.

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending