The Student Room Group

Studying Medicine in Europe

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has or is planning to apply to Europe or anywhere abroad to study medicine?

I have studied law in Scotland and planning on going back to Uni to study medicine. I have currently applied to study Highers in Science so will be looking to hopefully study medicine in 2013.

I am also planning on taking the GAMSAT exam but want to keep my options open so looking at courses in medicine abroad. I have came across a few that are offering a 4 year graduate programme.
Reply 1
Hey! me too, just wondering do you know any which are English taught ?
Reply 2
I was considering going abroad too!! If i just miss the entry requirement though
Reply 3
Hey!

Some of the Uni's that I found teaching medicine in English are;

Medical Academy of Bialystok, 4 year
Medical University of Lodz, 4 year
Medical University of Lublin, 4 year
Jagiellonian University Medical College, 4 year

I think these Uni's are in Poland. Do you guys know of any others Uni's in Europe that do a 4 year programme for medicine?

Are you guys planning on taking the GAMSAT? I haven't applied for it yet and a bit nervous as I'm from a non-science background. Wot were your degrees in?
Original post by sana326
Hey!

I think these Uni's are in Poland. Do you guys know of any others Uni's in Europe that do a 4 year programme for medicine?

Are you guys planning on taking the GAMSAT? I haven't applied for it yet and a bit nervous as I'm from a non-science background. Wot were your degrees in?

Yes, these unis are in Poland and if you want any more info about Polish unis I'll be glad to help, either in this thread or through PM. :smile:
Do remember that even if your teaching is in English, your patients won't speak English and you will therefore need to learn the language of the country that you're studying in, in time to be able to communicate with your patients during your clinical years.
Reply 6
I'd be interested in finding out what the cheapest English taught programme in Europe is. . .

And just to reiterate what junior.doctor said, wherever you go it'll be expected that you take intensive language courses alongside your medicine programme.
Reply 7
I study in gdansk medical uni in poland
im doing the 6 year programme

in this uni for clinical years you get appointed a interperator during patient communication
u will have polish classes but you dont have to know the language

but i can only say this for gdansk med uni

its 45,000PLN for first yr and then its reduced for the following yrs to around 35,000 i think or less
Reply 8
Original post by sana326
Hey!

Also check Warsaw and Poznan. Not all require GAMSAT.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Iz08
Also check Warsaw and Poznan. Not all require GAMSAT.

But they have their own admissions tests.
edit: lol sorry, not this thread. but it's worth noticing anyway. :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by dadon786
I study in gdansk medical uni in poland
im doing the 6 year programme

in this uni for clinical years you get appointed a interperator during patient communication
u will have polish classes but you dont have to know the language

but i can only say this for gdansk med uni

its 45,000PLN for first yr and then its reduced for the following yrs to around 35,000 i think or less

What's your plan for after you graduate?

Is the degree recognised by the GMC in England?
Can you still get into the foundation programme in England?

Reply 11
Original post by ounce
Yes, these unis are in Poland and if you want any more info about Polish unis I'll be glad to help, either in this thread or through PM. :smile:

Hi :smile:

What is the best uni to study medicine in in Poland that is also GMC recognised?
Is it free and easy to apply?
And what are the fees?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Lowkey101
Hi :smile:

What is the best uni to study medicine in in Poland that is also GMC recognised?
Is it free and easy to apply?
And what are the fees?

Thank you :smile:

Hi,
the best unis to study Medicine in Poland are Jagiellonian University and Warsaw University of Medicine. Their programmes and diplomas are internationally recognised, but the websites give no details about GMC recognition, you may want to write an email.
You have to pay an application fee (200 EUR in Warsaw, 50 EUR in Kraków). Concerning the difficulty... You better judge it yourself: admission process in Kraków and Warsaw. I assume you finished high school and want to apply for a 6 year programme.
You can find the info about the fees on the websites.
If you have questions PM me, I'll try to respond asap. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Lowkey101
What's your plan for after you graduate?

Is the degree recognised by the GMC in England?
Can you still get into the foundation programme in England?

sorry for super late reply
forgot i use tsr

yep, fully GMC approved in UK
yh ofcourse lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending