The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I started last term?
I hate the 15 mark questions ugh.
Reply 3
rockingreviser
I started last term?

What you mean by this? The course started last term - as in last academic year of 2007-2008 or in september 2008?

I was told by my teachers that this is a brand new course =O
Reply 4
Makaveli_The_Don
I hate the 15 mark questions ugh.

Yeh, I'm looking for advice on those 15 mark Qs.... it's an absolute killer.

Got about 8 marks on my mocks :mad:
Brief Intro.
3 Points - For and Against - Expand points well
Give good evaluation/conclusion - Worth 5 marks
Reply 6
The mark sceheme i got here:

3 marks for content
3 marks for application
4 marks for analysis
5 marks for descriptor

Man, that seems a lot =/

I know pretty much all the facts, but application of them is pretty hard =/
Here's a good tip, when using application, instead of writing "the business" in your answer write the company name given in the case study and as you are directly referring to them, you should still get marks for it.
Reply 8
Also, what sort of things do you write for the analysis part?

Btw, are you doing this exam soon or have you already done it :P?
For analysis give a reasoning to your answer.
So if you write a limitation of business plans is forecasts may not be accurate then go on to say because/therefore and explain why.. e.g. The research taken to get the forecasts may be inaccurate and external factors can affect forecasts etc.

And I am doing this exam soon, going school in about 10 minutes.
Reply 10
Andylol

Btw, are you doing this exam soon or have you already done it :P?

noone has done unit 1 of the new spec yet
Reply 11
Thought so. Gonna get some breakfast then heading to school soon.

Thank god it's only a 5 minute walk XD
I am doing all my units in the summer!! But have a mock on Saturday ahhh
Reply 13
Oh my gosh that was AWFUL.

That last question was 17 mark and I ran out of time before I could even write my conclusion :frown:

Think I wrote a bit too much for some of the questions.

First few "What is meant by ......... " was too easy - didn't even read the info given on the first 2 pages. (well, it's not like you need to anyway)

What did you guys think of it?
Ah. Not too bad. Didn't expect that bastard of a 17 mark question.
Not too bad at all. My answers to 2b and 2c I think it was were slightly dodgy, but I'm pretty sure I got full marks for question 1, and 2a + the last one were alright so I think I'll have at least a B.
Reply 16
All my question 2s were dodgy :P For one of the questions about evaluating factors affecting demand, i could only think of 2 during the exam. When i got out loads of factors came flooding through my head. Meh...
Reply 17
Yeah my answers to 2a and 2b were kinda dodgy but I found 2c to be no problem. Question 1 was a breeze.
I only thought of 2 factors (income and consumer tastes) but I went into lots of detail, and if the specimen paper's mark scheme is anything to by then 2 points is sufficient for a 10 mark question as long as it's evaluated properly etc. (the demand one was the 10mark one right?)
matt2k8
I only thought of 2 factors (income and consumer tastes) but I went into lots of detail, and if the specimen paper's mark scheme is anything to by then 2 points is sufficient for a 10 mark question as long as it's evaluated properly etc. (the demand one was the 10mark one right?)

wasnt demand the 13 mark one and the overdraft one the 10 marker?

Latest