The Student Room Group

What questions to expect at Group Interview at Hollister?

Got an interview in a couple days, so what questions and answers should I give?

What is diversity? Why I want to work at Hollister? What your friends say about you?

Are these the questions they ask or am I way off?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Describe Hollister in 3 words?
What's your favourite chocolate bar?
What would your friends describe you as?

That's what I got asked in mine :smile:
Reply 2
I got asked:

How would your friends describe you?
How would you describe the Hollister style?

We also had to begin by talking about ourselves a bit so have something planned for that too.

Oh, you also have a photo taken just so you're warned!
Reply 3
hunter'sdaughter
Describe Hollister in 3 words?
What's your favourite chocolate bar?
What would your friends describe you as?

That's what I got asked in mine :smile:

Favourite choco bar!? That is well random haha. How did you describe hollister?
Reply 4
bethan92
I got asked:

How would your friends describe you?
How would you describe the Hollister style?

We also had to begin by talking about ourselves a bit so have something planned for that too.

Oh, you also have a photo taken just so you're warned!

Thanks for the info! Thought diversity would be the main question. Do you know how many people they usually employ? Cos loads of people have applied to this store, so not holding out much hope now.. :frown:
Reply 5
Clarky-x
I got asked

What's the most embarrassing song on my ipod
How would you describe your personality in 3 words
How would describe the Hollister look (to which some eejit just shouted "AWESOME" in a really fake American accent, funniest thing ever)

Then got a mugshot taken.

Why do they ask such random questions. I love how some guy shouted that. Thanks for the reply, would think outgoing, funny & confident would be a good thing to say to that question? How did you answer the Hollister look?

sorry for being a pest!
Reply 6
OneVinc
Why do they ask such random questions. I love how some guy shouted that. Thanks for the reply, would think outgoing, funny & confident would be a good thing to say to that question? How did you answer the Hollister look?

sorry for being a pest!

Which store have you applied to?
Reply 7
Mos Def
Which store have you applied to?

The new one opening in Glasgow.
I can't believe how shallow Hollister are, what kind of questions are those? Don't bother preparing for the interview, the only qualities you'll need to show are attractiveness and willingness to pretend you care about overpriced pretentious rags for posers.
RightSaidJames
I can't believe how shallow Hollister are, what kind of questions are those? Don't bother preparing for the interview, the only qualities you'll need to show are attractiveness and willingness to pretend you care about overpriced pretentious rags for posers.

baha, took the words right out of my mouth
MissFanatical
baha, took the words right out of my mouth

:biggrin:

Seriously, that shop makes me want to vomit. I don't know how people can bare to shop in a place that actually employs models instead of salespeople!
Reply 11
OneVinc
Thanks for the info! Thought diversity would be the main question. Do you know how many people they usually employ? Cos loads of people have applied to this store, so not holding out much hope now.. :frown:

Yehh I was expecting a diversity question but they don't always ask it. I think managers have favourite questions they like to ask :p:

Well I joined my store when it was opening so obviously they hired a lot of people! Since then new people appear every now and again but not that often despite interviews twice a week, but as Glasgow has just opened you should have a better chance.

What position have you applied for?
RightSaidJames

Unlike all those other brands like Primark and River Island who only hire the smartest of the smartest and look down on applicants with a degree from anywhere but the very best Universities.

What do you suggest they ask people applying for a job where the main tasks are
1. Pressing buttons on a till
2. Folding clothes

If I'm buying over priced clothes I want something pretty to look at while I'm paying, not to discuss the ins and outs of Anselms use of priori reasoning to prove the existence of God.
Reply 13
bethan92
Yehh I was expecting a diversity question but they don't always ask it. I think managers have favourite questions they like to ask :p:

Well I joined my store when it was opening so obviously they hired a lot of people! Since then new people appear every now and again but not that often despite interviews twice a week, but as Glasgow has just opened you should have a better chance.

What position have you applied for?

Yeah so hopefully I'll get the job since its a new store! I applied for Model. Which will obviously require something more than impact? I'm just planning on being confident, try and speak a lot without getting my words mixed up!
miike1234
Unlike all those other brands like Primark and River Island who only hire the smartest of the smartest and look down on applicants with a degree from anywhere but the very best Universities.

What do you suggest they ask people applying for a job where the main tasks are
1. Pressing buttons on a till
2. Folding clothes

If I'm buying over priced clothes I want something pretty to look at while I'm paying, not to discuss the ins and outs of Anselms use of priori reasoning to prove the existence of God.

Yes, but these shops don't ask "What's your favourite chocolate bar?" or "What's the most embarrassing song on your ipod?" - Hollister interviews are clearly just a formality so that the employee can kid themselves that they have something to offer Hollister other than their looks, and to give the manager something else to do with his day other than bully his staff.
Reply 15
RightSaidJames
Yes, but these shops don't ask "What's your favourite chocolate bar?" or "What's the most embarrassing song on your ipod?" - Hollister interviews are clearly just a formality so that the employee can kid themselves that they have something to offer Hollister other than their looks, and to give the manager something else to do with his day other than bully his staff.

I agree with you on the clothes - only thing i'll buy is the sweats. Don't wear Hollister or stuff, rather stick to stuff like Diesel. Just need a job and Hollister does look cool to work in compared to river island. Hollister looks more fun imo.
RightSaidJames

At the River Island interview they ask you to pick an outfit, what your friends think of you and why do they think that :rolleyes:

In a group interview they won't be asking questions like that to find out what kind of taste you have in chocolate but to see how confident you are talking in a group of strangers and if you're funny, quiet, boring etc

It will be all about the way you answer, not what you answer.
Reply 17
miike1234
At the River Island interview they ask you to pick an outfit, what your friends think of you and why do they think that :rolleyes:

In a group interview they won't be asking questions like that to find out what kind of taste you have in chocolate but to see how confident you are talking in a group of strangers and if you're funny, quiet, boring etc

It will be all about the way you answer, not what you answer.

Yeah thats what most people told me and from I can see. I just plan on going in and answering best I can but doing so in a confident manner and if I have a chance to crack a joke, I'll do it, I am too sarcastic sometimes though. In front of strangers, might not handle it well :P
Reply 18
RightSaidJames
:biggrin:

Seriously, that shop makes me want to vomit. I don't know how people can bare to shop in a place that actually employs models instead of salespeople!

It's funny because the role isn't called Sales Advisor, they actually do call it model. And obviously if you aren't up t scratch on the looks department, they have the stock room people.

And I find it hard to see the clothes in the dark..
The reason most people apply to work in Hollister is because they have heard that only good-looking people are employed there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending