The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
what shoes and colour can you wear with beige chinos ( mens) Thanks
Reply 121
Looking to go a Matt Smith/Doctor Who look, but on a bit of a budget.

Any ideas where I could get a similar jacket from for below £80?
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Lol, I have the trouble of finding clothes small enough (especially during sales). Even if they 'fit' they usually end up too long. I wonder what this ideal person designers always have in mind looks like? :confused:

Same, I used to be an XSmall in everything so it used to make buying brands that only started at Small impossible. Seem to have gone up a size now though :biggrin:
Reply 123
Need some new trainers...

or

Reply 124
Original post by Mess.

Original post by Mess.

Right, after posting this I am thinking of perhaps these two jackets.
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/second-hand-clothes/621258
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/second-hand-clothes/658227

These are my starting point. So what do people think :holmes:
Both pairs are disgusting. (puma trainers)

anyways, what's the difference between leather jackets and leather 'shirt' jackets? Quite a few by Barney's on offer at ASOS.
Original post by cowsforsale

anyways, what's the difference between leather jackets and leather 'shirt' jackets? Quite a few by Barney's on offer at ASOS.

Barney's are aways discounted on Asos but someone told me the quality of the jackets was shocking.
Barney's are aways discounted on Asos but someone told me the quality of the jackets was shocking.

Ah cheers,

What's the difference between a leather 'bomber' and a leather 'shirt' jacket?
Reply 128
Original post by Mess.
Right, after posting this I am thinking of perhaps these two jackets.
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/second-hand-clothes/621258
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/second-hand-clothes/658227

These are my starting point. So what do people think :holmes:

2nd one (Y)

Not that formal, sports jacket are actually meant for a more relaxed look, they've just jazzed it up by adding a tie and pocket square. It's a nice blazer but personally i'm not a fan of check/squares on blazers or suits, doesn't look good on me. ebay is a good place to look though so you're on the right track, Asos and Topman usually have some nice cheap casual blazers too. I was considering this a while ago as cheapo casualwear but they ran out of my size pretty sharpish and I'd actually pair each item with something else not wear it together as a suit.
Reply 131
Original post by Tokyoround

Not that formal, sports jacket are actually meant for a more relaxed look, they've just jazzed it up by adding a tie and pocket square. It's a nice blazer but personally i'm not a fan of check/squares on blazers or suits, doesn't look good on me. ebay is a good place to look though so you're on the right track, Asos and Topman usually have some nice cheap casual blazers too. I was considering this a while ago as cheapo casualwear but they ran out of my size pretty sharpish and I'd actually pair each item with something else not wear it together as a suit.

I think I am going for a check one now as I have so many plain jackets. I need something a bit more jazzy :beard:

It is really hard picking out shirts to go with checkered ones though :sigh:
Reply 132
Original post by Abused Tampon
what do people think of these G-Star Raw Jeans?

Really don't like them. The pockets on the front of them look really tacky and similar to low end junk you can find in TK-Maxx. The colour looks tacky as well.

G-Star don't make good quality jeans especially considering their price. Get some nice Levi, Lee or Nudie Jeans for the same price or consider spening more on APC or Edwin jeans.
Reply 133
Original post by cowsforsale

A bit harsh? What's wrong with them?

I want some new shoes to wear with chinos/shorts. Don't wanna get Vans like everyone else.

yikes its in my size and now im tempted to get it...no idea what i'd wear it with though haha!
Reply 135
Original post by Mess.

Quite similar and reasonably priced :smile:

http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Product.aspx?BR=21men&Category=m_outerwear&ProductID=2000006352&VariantID=

Dude George Michael and the rest of the 90s called, they want their shorts back.
:rolleyes:
Reply 138
Lol, I have the trouble of finding clothes small enough (especially during sales). Even if they 'fit' they usually end up too long. I wonder what this ideal person designers always have in mind looks like? :confused:

I always find that Armani exchange fits me best. I am very slim too but their cuts are amazing. Their more premium clothes are nice, just stay away from the t-shirts

Need a blazer like this, any ideas where I can get one?

Latest

Trending

Trending