The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Want

Reply 421
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Want

Someone should make the most of it being the final day(s) of the All Saints sale then...
Hey guys, I'm about to get my first pair of brogues and I'd like to have them as casual as possible.
I have to say I love the ones from Jack Wills (I'm guessing I'll get flamed for this :biggrin:):

Spoiler

I also think these ones are pretty good:

Spoiler

Also, what do you think of those moccasins?

Spoiler

Reply 423
1st is pretty bad for what I imagine to be a quite expensive pair of shoes.
2nd look nice.
3rd are vile sand slappers what school kids are forced to wear.

----------------

Had my interview in Gieves. Back for the second interview on Wednesday :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 424
Original post by freefrag
Hey guys, I'm about to get my first pair of brogues and I'd like to have them as casual as possible.
I have to say I love the ones from Jack Wills (I'm guessing I'll get flamed for this :biggrin:):

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The JW one are nearing £200. Do not ever spend that much money on a pair of shoes from JW. I actually don't mind their clothes and own a few things from Aubin and Wills but when you're paying so much for a pair of shoes without knowing the quality is going to be top notch I'd be wary. If you're going to be spending that much I'd seriously consider attempting to find some Church's or the likes in the sales / outlet stores (Bicester is a prime example) - although may be a tad too formal.

The second pair seem ok, although once again I'd be worried about the quality - if the price is right however they seem fine..

As for the moccasins - I don't agree with Mess - think they're great - although I'm biased as I own a pair of very similar ones from Tod's which have essentially become a pair of slippers because they're so soft. Such loafers work well with shorts and that sort've style is pretty classic if you ask me.
Original post by freefrag

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you're willing to spend that much on the JW shoes, you may as well fork out a bit extra for these stunners http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/shop/paul-smith-mens-shoes-390/paul-smith-shoes-miller-brogue-sdxc-a028-wsh-s25/product.html <3
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by batboy113

:yucky:
They look awful IMO
Original post by badger-man
:yucky:
They look awful IMO
LOL I have 3 pairs aswell, all in different colours (gold, silver and blue).lol once I wore one silver and one gold. You should have seen the amount of strange looks I was getting....
Reply 429
LOL I have 3 pairs aswell, all in different colours (gold, silver and blue).lol once I wore one silver and one gold. You should have seen the amount of strange looks I was getting....

That sounds horrific. Sorry but the only value your shoes have is as doorstops or part of a fancy dress costume.
Yep, it's a good thing you're not the one that wears them than.....
Seriously though guys, If a really well known celebrity wore my shoes, EVERYONE would go out straight away and buy them.
Original post by GunnerMT
Just bought my first pair of trainers in about 2 years, so this is what comfort feels like:

I think adidas has really caught on to something great with this Ransom range. Minimalistic trainers in loads of good colour-ways.

Original post by paddy
Not to mention they don't have those bloody chavtastic stripes on them :yy:

are those ok with black jeans?

what would go best with black jeans, somehting casual?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 433
Seriously though guys, If a really well known celebrity wore my shoes, EVERYONE would go out straight away and buy them.

Everyone who was retarded/colourblind/13 maybe. Sorry but I have NEVER bought clothes/shoes because I saw someone famous wearing them, I only wear/buy what I like and what suits me and my own style.

I mean my God, have you ever stopped to actually look at those trainers you own? Even Chris Brown wouldn't wear those, and he had literally no style.

Oh and FYI only *******s emulate the style of rappers :fyi:

Original post by Norfolk_Enchance
are those ok with black jeans?

what would go best with black jeans, somehting casual?

I wouldn't tbh, too much black going on there.

It depends on the whole outfit really, but I would avoid brown (especially dark brown).
Thanks for your advice :smile:

Original post by Mess.
1st is pretty bad for what I imagine to be a quite expensive pair of shoes.
2nd look nice.
3rd are vile sand slappers what school kids are forced to wear.

----------------

Had my interview in Gieves. Back for the second interview on Wednesday :biggrin:

Just like Jimi I think the moccasins would look good with any shorter chinos and they look extremely comfy as well. What do you suggest instead?

Original post by Jimi Haze
The JW one are nearing £200. Do not ever spend that much money on a pair of shoes from JW. I actually don't mind their clothes and own a few things from Aubin and Wills but when you're paying so much for a pair of shoes without knowing the quality is going to be top notch I'd be wary. If you're going to be spending that much I'd seriously consider attempting to find some Church's or the likes in the saes / outlet stores (Bicester is a prime example) - although may be a tad too formal.

The second pair seem ok, although once again I'd be worried about the quality - if the price is right however they seem fine..

As for the moccasins - I don't agree with Mess - think they're great - although I'm biased as I own a pair of very similar ones from Tod's which have essentially become a pair of slippers because they're so soft. Such loafers work well with shorts and that sort've style is pretty classic if you ask me.

Wow, the church's brogues are amazing, I think I could go for something like this

Spoiler

As for the second pair, it's priced at 60 pounds on Asos (down from 100) http://www.asos.com/Gibson/Gibson-Time-Lace-Up-Brogue-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1605919&SearchQuery=brogues&Rf-700=1001&sh=0&pge=3&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=WaxyTan
However I'm a bit weary of buying clothes online, I'd rather go try them on in the store.

Original post by Killer_bees
If you're willing to spend that much on the JW shoes, you may as well fork out a bit extra for these stunners http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/shop/paul-smith-mens-shoes-390/paul-smith-shoes-miller-brogue-sdxc-a028-wsh-s25/product.html &lt;3

I like their look, but I think they're a bit darker than what I'm looking for. I don't think I'd have anything to wear them with.
Forget the Hudson ones, I want these now we're back onto the brogue talk. If anyone could find them a bit cheaper I'd greatly appreciate it. :colondollar:

No, because that's what morons with no sense do. I don't want those shoes because, in my opinion, they look awful. No amount of celebrity endorsement would change that, severe brain damage might though :mmm:.

doesn't detract from the fact that you have atrocious taste.

'celebrities' also wear this:

jack***
Original post by Jimi Haze
Someone should make the most of it being the final day(s) of the All Saints sale then...

None of its in the sale!
Right guys, would really appreciate the help seeing as i'm not one who knows much about fashion.

Looking for new clothes for a night out (don't go to the big clubs, just the underground alternative ones), sick of my current wear. I usually just wear a polo shirt with black (dark) jeans and red boat shoes. I really need new clothes, so can you give me ideas, and cheap at that? Can't afford a t shirt for £25 or over for example as that is extravagant, as a student, and jeans over £50 too.

Also for casual wear looking for a nice pair of shoes. Getting a bit sick of wearing hi tops nearly all the time. And also a couple of pairs of jeans/trousers, plus just general nice clothes. If i can get quite a lot with £200 overall i could maybe use that as a budget, but i don't know even if i have that money atm! Also a nice new/original aftershave would be cool :smile:

I'm 6 foot 2, quite slim if that makes a difference to this all...
(edited 12 years ago)