The Student Room Group

ASDA 2nd time application

Ok heres the deal,

I applied for a job at ASDA a few months a go online, got the group interview followed by a single interview on the same day. I heard absolutely nothing following this so I assumed I had not got the job.

I set up an email update on the asda jobs website to tell me if any more posts come up and Ive recently been notified of some more part time slots :biggrin:
However, will by application not already be "in the database" and so is there any special way to apply for a job on the asda jobs website if youve already been through the process?

I mean i just dont want to do another full application and find out theres 2 copies of me in thier database or something

cheers,
Capitalism at its finest!
Reply 2
Original post by Tony_Soprano1
Capitalism at its finest!

I don't see why thats relevant..

Anyone else?
Reply 3
come on people, btw I checked the asda online website and I was told "application not successful" for both the jobs I applied for today.
Bearing in mind I didnt completed an assessment as the rest of the application was saved from last time I applied.

Last time it took a month for them to email me and now im being rejected within a few hours? Jesus i didnt think my interview was that bad
Weird. Log in and go to Job submission/application status and see what it says for the first job you applied and got the interview for. From what I know, the second interview pretty much means you got the job... so check out what it says on the status for the previous application.

As for the 'application not successful' for the most recent applications you done, yes they keep your records on file as you've found out now. Is that what it says on the HR Status, that your application was not successful? If so, then it means just that... you're application wasn't good enough.

Asda applications suck.
Reply 5
my first application status has said "application not successful" for like 2 months. I could possibly undsrstand if this had been 10 days after my application and i wasnt good enough, but literally 5 hrs after i had applied online?

Could it be a bug or what? Annoying thing is i cant reapply for these roles now:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Might phone them up and check tbh
Original post by thetobbit
my first application status has said "application not successful" for like 2 months. I could possibly undsrstand if this had been 10 days after my application and i wasnt good enough, but literally 5 hrs after i had applied online?

Could it be a bug or what? Annoying thing is i cant reapply for these roles now:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Might phone them up and check tbh

Did you ring them up and ask them? Ironically, I'm now in the same position as you. So unfair!
Reply 7
Asda wont let you apply for another job till after 6 months, i tryed applying yesterday and got this e-mail -

"Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Asda, it’s great that you’re so enthusiastic. However, the results of your first application are still valid, as it’s less than 6 months since you last applied.
All the decisions we make about applications are valid for a full 6 months and so unfortunately, as you were unsuccessful the first time, we can't accept any new applications from you for any other roles within this time.
We really appreciate that you’ve taken the time to send us your details again, and we’re sure your determination will pay off very soon. In the meantime, we wish you the very best for the future.
Yours sincerely,"

It also only took them 1hr to reject it (total waste of time)
What a time to reject me, that means I won't be able to apply during the christmas period. Thanks for your response, I got the same e-mail today.

Does that mean I can't apply to any of the Asda stores since I'm on a six month 'ban', or it only applies to the store that rejected me? Me being on hold, waiting months on end for a response only for the role to be closed... that I can accept. But to specifically select my application to be automatically rejected, that's hard to take. Before they had no problem in reviewing my applications, but now I've got wait six months? So I guess my persistence was my downfall... that's something I bloody should be rewarded for! Sucks bigtime.
Reply 9
It applys to every Asda store :frown: since i applyed to a different store last time.
Reply 10
Are you serious? Spent quite a bit of time completing an application form last night to wake up and see an "Application Not Successful" status?
What bullsh!t is this?
(edited 12 years ago)
Was this your second application after a rejection? Even if you hadn't slept, it would've been rejected in less an hour or so. Asda suck big monkey nuts.

I don't know if the system automatically blacklists your applications after a set number of applications from you are placed on hold for review... or if it happens after the first rejection you get from a store... but when it does you simply can't apply to ANY Asda store (nationwide, I'm guessing). And not only that, this lasts for half a ****ing year.

You spend a year with multiple application taking ages for review, months on end, no progess whatsoever... just the same old 'role now closed' result. And then when the application gets looked at, you can't apply for another 6 months.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Hi, Anybody know asda online application submitted why I dont recevied yet confirmation email? I finshed assessment everything same time,Any Idea,Please,And I apply 1st Time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by manniefresh91
Was this your second application after a rejection? Even if you hadn't slept, it would've been rejected in less an hour or so. Asda suck big monkey nuts.

I don't know if the system automatically blacklists your applications after a set number of applications from you are placed on hold for review... or if it happens after the first rejection you get from a store... but when it does you simply can't apply to ANY Asda store (nationwide, I'm guessing). And not only that, this lasts for half a ****ing year.

You spend a year with multiple application taking ages for review, months on end, no progess whatsoever... just the same old 'role now closed' result. And then when the application gets looked at, you can't apply for another 6 months.

It was my first and last application for a job at Asda... lmao

Original post by krimith
Hi, Anybody know asda online application submitted why I dont recevied yet confirmation email? I finshed assessment everything same time,Any Idea,Please,And I apply 1st Time.

You will probably be rejected...
Reply 14
Tesco all the way mate, thats the future
Original post by Air_wolf
Tesco all the way mate, thats the future

Tesco are equally as scummy. Tesco insist on getting half an hour free work out of you before rejection.