The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
[QUOTE="Saraahhhh;33974685"]Hey, don't worry you have two weeks until they call you,
The hollister i work at (brent cross) LOVEEEE black people, I mean they're all beautiful, around 60% of the boys are black so I highly doubt it's anything to do with race :smile:

Just don't stress and i'm sure you'll be alright.[/QUOTE

Hey sarah. Still haven't herd from any of em. That means I didn't get the job right? Should I call them or something? I applyed for the startford one and the oxford circus one. No news watsoever. The interviews went really good ddoh. I'm sooo sad , I really wanted that job :frown:]
Reply 141
How do you go about applying to work at Hollister? Do you just walk in store and ask someone for an application form? Do you have to have a full printed CV with you?
Just wondering, I plan on applying to work at the one in the new Westfield in Stratford London, as it's only one tube stop away from my uni.
Reply 142
Yeah its true they only hire good looking people and they're all stick thin size 0 models.
Reply 143
Original post by Saraahhhh
Hey, don't worry you have two weeks until they call you,
The hollister i work at (brent cross) LOVEEEE black people, I mean they're all beautiful, around 60% of the boys are black so I highly doubt it's anything to do with race :smile:

Just don't stress and i'm sure you'll be alright.

I think its ironic that they hire people from different races to be 'diverse' but in doing so, at times it seems like at time they have a smaller percentage of white people working there than there is in this country
Reply 144
Original post by st_23
I think its ironic that they hire people from different races to be 'diverse' but in doing so, at times it seems like at time they have a smaller percentage of white people working there than there is in this country

Why is that ironic? A shops staff does not have to accurately represent the total population of the country. People need to stop thinking of race as comparison or thing to keep in order and more as a thing that people just have and means nothing more.

The ability for someone do to a job has nothing to do with their race, and therefore it shouldn't even be considered in the workplace what race the employee has.
Reply 145
Original post by Abi24
I got asked to work for them a while ago til I told the manager my size sees me classed as "plus size" - i fit into their clothes no problem and i'm in seriously good shape, just built larger, but they didn't want to know after that.

out of interest, what size are you? i got approached to apply as a model the other day.... my interview is on tuesday but im a size 8/10 on top but i sometimes need to buy size 12 jeans? so they're not going to take me haha, dont see why they approached me in the first place :L
Reply 146
i work at jack will's and wow my co-workers are hawt !
Gonna quit soon as i need a properrrr job!
Reply 147
Original post by yb93
out of interest, what size are you? i got approached to apply as a model the other day.... my interview is on tuesday but im a size 8/10 on top but i sometimes need to buy size 12 jeans? so they're not going to take me haha, dont see why they approached me in the first place :L

I'm a 16. Dont worry, one of the models in Hollister in Newcastle must be a 12 all over, i think its like their upper size limit.
Reply 148
Original post by Abi24
I'm a 16. Dont worry, one of the models in Hollister in Newcastle must be a 12 all over, i think its like their upper size limit.

aaah okay, thanks :smile:
Reply 149
Okay just wanted to get this cleared up. The only store that hire you based on your looks (and can actually get away with it) is Hollister and Abercrombie who get around any discrimination problems by hiring people as 'models' this means that they have the right to hire only 'attractive' people. Stores such as Jack Wills do not follow such a policy - i would know i work there. Most stores will hire people due to their enthusiasm towards their brand.
Yes Hollister's policy is unfair but it obviously works due to the stupid amount of stores popping up everywhere!
I saw a really attractive female working in Crew yesterday.
Reply 151
i don't think it's necessarily whether you're good looking, but if you can wear clothes well. I mean a lot of the guy's i see in Hollister clearly go to the gym, and therefore look better in clothes than someone who doesn't perhaps, and i've seen people in the street who were better looking than them, but its the clothes and the brand that sells, so they have to hire to promote them both.
It sucks, but its easy advertising
Reply 152
Good luck with that 😂😂
Horrible brand. All Saints/Jack Wills/Hollister seem to hire "good looking" staff it's true.
I'm a black girl, are the chances of me getting hired equal? I'm not trying to pull the race card or anything, I just wanted to know how I would have to look to get the job since one of the requirements is
Original post by Hisksjd
I'm a black girl, are the chances of me getting hired equal? I'm not trying to pull the race card or anything, I just wanted to know how I would have to look to get the job since one of the requirements is

I’m not white and I got hired. I think they got into trouble with the press a while ago for their lack of diversity, so theyre recently trying really hard to hire people of all ethnicities. Obviously it depends on the manager at your particular store though
Original post by Bezoar
I’m not white and I got hired. I think they got into trouble with the press a while ago for their lack of diversity, so theyre recently trying really hard to hire people of all ethnicities. Obviously it depends on the manager at your particular store though

Thnk you
You stupid coward

Latest

Trending

Trending