The Student Room Group

Would I get disqualified by emailing my teacher about the exam?

So, the day after I took the Religious Studies exam. I emailed my RS teacher saying this:

Hi Sir,

If someone got 53 out of 80 or 49 out of 80, what percentage would that be? What grade would it be?

The thing is, my RS teacher hasn't replied and I'm getting worried. I was under the impression that it was a harmless question (seeing as I wrote the email after I had done the exam), but after receiving no reply, I'm quite fearful that I wasn't meant to do this. I really hope his silence doesn't mean that I'll get disqualified from the RS exam. Sure, it didn't go the way I planned but I still tried my best and am seriously hoping I've passed. If I get disqualified I'll end up having an U for the subject.

Scroll to see replies

I can't see why you would be disqualified for that because you don't even ask anything directly about the exam :-)
However he may not have replied because teachers emailing students is frowned upon!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Not at all
Reply 3
I find that very unlikely - impossible really!! He might have just felt uncomfortable replying (see above). There's certainly nothing intrinsically wrong with your email though - I discussed the papers with my teachers by email after my RE, English, Latin & Biology GCSEs, for instance.
You didn't break any rules there, the only reason the teacher is hesitant to give you a grade is because grade boundaries change and they don't want it on their head if you get a lower grade than they predicted :rolleyes:
Reply 5
no!!!!
Reply 6
Original post by Kwaku_96
So, the day after I took the Religious Studies exam. I emailed my RS teacher saying this:

Hi Sir,

If someone got 53 out of 80 or 49 out of 80, what percentage would that be? What grade would it be?

The thing is, my RS teacher hasn't replied and I'm getting worried. I was under the impression that it was a harmless question (seeing as I wrote the email after I had done the exam), but after receiving no reply, I'm quite fearful that I wasn't meant to do this. I really hope his silence doesn't mean that I'll get disqualified from the RS exam. Sure, it didn't go the way I planned but I still tried my best and am seriously hoping I've passed. If I get disqualified I'll end up having an U for the subject.

wow you worry to much!! there is no possible way you'll get disqualified, you didn't do anything wrong nor did you cheat :smile:
Reply 7
Don't worry, I went straight to my physics teacher after my physics exam and said "well look on the bright side, I know I've got at least 2 marks" and then proceeded to tell him in detail about the whole paper :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Kwaku_96

Hi Sir,

As a teacher, there's nothing wrong with your e-mail...though if I got this e-mail I would wonder why you can't work out the percentage yourself? :s-smilie:

In terms of grade boundaries, if you are desperate they will usually be published on your exam boards website, but generally change year by year so just look at a past exam grade boundary sheet for a rough idea.

As long as you sent it to their official teachers' e-mail address there is no problem with them receiving this and also replying, as it's all monitored through local agencies.

They may not have replied because teachers, believe it or not, are quite busy...and may have just forgotten it, and also now it's currently half term, so they may be away on holiday or just not doing school work! :smile:

Don't worry about it, you've done nothing wrong.
That's hilarious, no of course not.

I was at a maths revision class today and my teacher showed us the paper with all the answers (this is two days after the exam of course) which isn't even frowned upon. You'll be sweet.
No don't worry !!!
If you're that freaked out and nervous about the email , then go and see your RS teacher about it after half term !!!
Reply 11
Original post by overskrill
That's hilarious, no of course not.

I was at a maths revision class today and my teacher showed us the paper with all the answers (this is two days after the exam of course) which isn't even frowned upon. You'll be sweet.

isnt this cheating??? :eek:
Original post by dgdlalo16

Only with a time machine.

Original post by overskrill

It might help to re-read it again.
Reply 14
I wouldnt worry at all once the exam is over then it is over you can ask them pretty much anything about the exam! asking them about grades wont bother anyone just send it again
Reply 15
Original post by CJM13
Only with a time machine.

it was a joke but clearly some people take things seriously :angry:
it was a joke but clearly some people take things seriously :angry:

The irony of your comment is apparently lost on you.
Reply 17
lol bit worrying that you cant work out a percentage lol. do 53/80 X 100 :smile:
"Kwaku, I'm sorry to say this, but because of this email I am going to have to promptly remove you from all of your courses and disqualify you from each and every exam.

Someone who can't calculate a percentage doesn't deserve to live and should be hung, consider this a God send".
Maybe your teacher is busy or the sort of teacher who hardly checks their email :smile: I have had to email my teachers in the past and one of them wasn't checking so i told like 10 people to tell her to check her mail. She finally checked and got back to me :smile:

Just wait or go and see him. Just because he hasn't replied does not mean you have reason to worry! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest